Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What are your most common reasons for losing a fort?

Dwarven Selection
- 113 (6.3%)
Wildlife
- 58 (3.2%)
Ambushes
- 154 (8.6%)
Sieges
- 207 (11.5%)
Undeads
- 118 (6.6%)
Forgotten Beasts
- 110 (6.1%)
Megabeasts
- 42 (2.3%)
The Circus
- 84 (4.7%)
FUN Spiral
- 286 (15.9%)
Dwarven Engineering
- 131 (7.3%)
FPS Death
- 396 (22%)
Other? (please specify)
- 97 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 879

Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 140

Author Topic: [0.34.11v01] Phoebus' Graphic Set (0.34.11's one year anniversary update)  (Read 978998 times)

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile

Which seems more likely, that or BeOS?
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Its not me, but I suppose its possible it could be one of the newer versions of AmigaOS. :D
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've fixed the prickle berry bug at night in adventurer mode.

I'm also changing the humanoid tiles, they will be in the standing position again.
I've relocated the elf tile over the elf retreat tile. So now elf 'cities' look like elves and I've freed one more tile. The tileset has a total of 3 free tiles at the moment.

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What about the "teddy bear" hamlets? Could the other uses of that tile be changed to something else and have people stop living in stuffed animals when you look at the map in worldgen, legends, and adventure mode?

Because honestly, does anyone really care about toys?

Forser

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Wait a sec, is that an 'Other' I spy?

Luckily not, unless Windows 7 is 'Other'.

Just did see other was asking about your tool for other systems.

Myself i am a professional .NET developer and wouldn't mind helping out with current version or doing a seperate version of your tool in Mono (or maybe some other Mac/Linux friendly language) so you can get even more dwarves using your tools :P

/Marcus

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What about the "teddy bear" hamlets? Could the other uses of that tile be changed to something else and have people stop living in stuffed animals when you look at the map in worldgen, legends, and adventure mode?

Because honestly, does anyone really care about toys?
It so happen I just have a straw house tile freed up.

The difference is barely noticeable.

Just kidding.

And here's with the new 'Hills and Badlands' ground mod.

If you don't mind the backgrounds under 'n' and 'V' in text.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 05:40:10 am by Phoebus »

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Gold Plated Fortresses (and wells, anthills, natural hives, etc.)
New vs Old:

I've added a few more tiles from Gold Plated.
The nest box/forge tile, the chest tile & the cabinet tile.

New Round Rivers vs Old Square Rivers:
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 05:45:07 am by Phoebus »

Ethicalfive

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Gold plated support! Wish that you could accept donations for your work!

Oh how i've missed the gold plated set (although your set has always been fairly similar). Would you be able to add in the gold plated walls as an option?

Wow, you've really opened up doors with your tileset assembler. Custom tilesets without having to wrap your brain around DF's internal workings!
Urist McMiner Unearths a strange pad. He trembles as he inspects it's time saving features. Knowing no 1 dwarf must posess this power, he quietly drops it into the nearest chasm and never speaks of it again.DwarfPad

Strongwords

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Hey guys theres a way to put things a little bit bigger? My dwarfs are so small here. :-\

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Gold plated support! Wish that you could accept donations for your work!

Oh how i've missed the gold plated set (although your set has always been fairly similar). Would you be able to add in the gold plated walls as an option?

Wow, you've really opened up doors with your tileset assembler. Custom tilesets without having to wrap your brain around DF's internal workings!
Hmm, yes, I was going to do that. Adding wall options is now really easy and fast.

But I also wanted to add the gold plated font as an option, but the 'O' and the 'X' are missing. So if you have some old gold plated tilesets with those two letters intact... ;)

Hey guys theres a way to put things a little bit bigger? My dwarfs are so small here. :-\
Sorry, but I can't do that. Most of the graphics, creatures in particular, is pixel art, and pixel art can't be scaled elegantly.
It would require remaking almost every tile from scratch.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 09:44:40 am by Phoebus »

Strongwords

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Oh i don't mean by modifying the tilesets, but on some configuration, if i'm not mistaken the last time i played df, there was a way to put things a little bigger.... I just don't see remember... any tip?

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Collonaded wall style: (from DrD Avel's Gold Plated)

Oh i don't mean by modifying the tilesets, but on some configuration, if i'm not mistaken the last time i played df, there was a way to put things a little bigger.... I just don't see remember... any tip?
You can zoom with the scroll wheel.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 11:28:33 am by Phoebus »

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I love everything you've done in the map photos there.  Excellent stuff.  "Barely noticeable" heh, right.  I daresay it's beginning to look like a proper map, now!

As long as the changes to the letters are tweakable in the program there shouldn't be a problem for anyone.  And next version we should have some better code for handling TTF fonts - ie not crashing and having extended characters - just in case it gets too bad.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I love everything you've done in the map photos there.  Excellent stuff.  "Barely noticeable" heh, right.  I daresay it's beginning to look like a proper map, now!

As long as the changes to the letters are tweakable in the program there shouldn't be a problem for anyone.  And next version we should have some better code for handling TTF fonts - ie not crashing and having extended characters - just in case it gets too bad.
And once TTF fonts are working better we should be able to use all those character tiles for other stuff ... like dedicated bin, up/down stairs, and floodgate tiles so they aren't all just an X, just as an example. :)
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And once TTF fonts are working better we should be able to use all those character tiles for other stuff ... like dedicated bin, up/down stairs, and floodgate tiles so they aren't all just an X, just as an example. :)
Don't get your hopes too high about TTF.
There's some part of the game that still don't support TTF so we can't recycle the letters.
Many tiles will still be shared between too many uses.
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 140