Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What are your most common reasons for losing a fort?

Dwarven Selection
- 113 (6.3%)
Wildlife
- 58 (3.2%)
Ambushes
- 154 (8.6%)
Sieges
- 207 (11.5%)
Undeads
- 118 (6.6%)
Forgotten Beasts
- 110 (6.1%)
Megabeasts
- 42 (2.3%)
The Circus
- 84 (4.7%)
FUN Spiral
- 286 (15.9%)
Dwarven Engineering
- 131 (7.3%)
FPS Death
- 396 (22%)
Other? (please specify)
- 97 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 879

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 140

Author Topic: [0.34.11v01] Phoebus' Graphic Set (0.34.11's one year anniversary update)  (Read 979091 times)

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.25v11] Phoebus' Graphic Set (Wall & Floor update)
« Reply #1050 on: April 15, 2011, 05:06:31 pm »

Well, that sure got a reaction.
I won't add any gameplay value modifications to the graphic pack.

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: April 15, 2011, 05:56:38 pm »

I'm changing the root plant colors to improve contrast in v12.
Bloated Tubers will become yellow.
Hide Roots will return to their original brown color.
The muck root plant will have a white root (from light grey) for better contrast.

New berries, roots and grass seeds.
From top to bottom:
Bloated Tubers (in yellow)
Fisher Berries (in blue)
Longland Grass (in yellow and brown)
Sheep Cheese (in red) and Prepared Meal (in brown)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 06:14:55 pm by Phoebus »

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: April 15, 2011, 07:05:55 pm »

From top to bottom:
Fisher Berries (in blue)
Are you able to use the same tile for eggs that you have for Bloated Tubers? :)
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: April 15, 2011, 07:26:06 pm »

From top to bottom:
Fisher Berries (in blue)
Are you able to use the same tile for eggs that you have for Bloated Tubers? :)
I am using the same tile for eggs as I am for Bloated Tubers.

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[0.31.25v12] Phoebus' Graphic Set (Demons, Eggs, Berries & Bugfixes)
« Reply #1054 on: April 15, 2011, 09:14:56 pm »

*Updated* 0.31.25v12
Two new tilesets: Smooth_Meld & Grimdark_Smooth
New tiles for demons & forgotten beasts. The '&' tile is free again.
The tile for eggs has been changed. (less huge eggs)
The picked roots/tubers/bulbs/pods tile has been changed.
Bloated Tubers are now yellow. (Bloated Tuber = Potato)
Redroots changed back to Hide Roots, they are now brown.
The picked berries now show twice has many berries.
The picked grass tile (longland & cave wheat) now displays as a group of yellow and brown seeds.
Changed the tile for jellyfish, mussel and oyster.
Fixed Crenelated pillar engraving.
Changed the wall grates, and adjusted door frames slightly.
Found a long term solution to the 'make_soap' reaction problem.

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.25v12] Phoebus' Graphic Set (Demons, Eggs, Berries & Bugfixes)
« Reply #1055 on: April 15, 2011, 09:44:14 pm »

I've uploaded the first version of Phoebus' Cooking Mod.

To install, unpack directly in your DF root dir then update your raws.
Enjoy.

The mod disables cooking of alcohol and seeds, and reduces the value of bush quarry leaves and dwarven syrup.

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: April 15, 2011, 10:09:50 pm »

I've uploaded the first version of Phoebus' Steel Mod.

To install, unpack directly in your DF root dir then generate a new world.
Enjoy.

The mod adds anthracite coal to metamorphic layers, and adds two graphite based steel making reactions.

Shandra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: April 15, 2011, 11:38:44 pm »

Enjoy.

The mod adds anthracite coal to metamorphic layers, and adds two graphite based steel making reactions.

Wow - optional .... coal, oops cool... and i just noticed today your reply on my geological/study/i cannot define any pure colour reply a few deka of pages ago...... (regen is at the moment out of question, but with V.26 it is a "I go with it"!) - and sorry if it is a late reply, but as said (the colours I am used to the stones here in my area)..... so, sorry - no generals I may share..... what would be nice in this regard would be if toady would not just use one colour set per layer, but alike to (ground/grass/plants) tiles alternate sets wich are applied per connected layer during world gen - so that you may have your gray/green/red granite (depending on geographic location), etc. And for igneous or extrusive I understand why the basic colours are so much just grey/black.... there may be many differences - but they are so outside the Back/Foreground 8 colours base and debatable... if our godfather of source may incorporate colour in ore/gem carrieing layers based on the ores/gem present - well.... wouha!...)

P.S.: Sorry, just arrived from a party and went through (lets call it distraction/good night lecture) the last dozen of pages again.... In the hope that there where neither a DF, nor a Phoebus upgrade :P (and at least the last one was not fulfilled/granted)...

P.P.S.: Thanks again!

P.P.P.S.: I may look into that steel mod once i am sober again.... but wouldn't it be nice to incorporate all those correctly stated DFWiki stones that are/or was used in Real Life as a source for something.... Bauxite as 1st thought....
Oops... nope - sorry, please don't try to make a suite (Virus/Malware/Firewall - one App for a particular task please!) outa'ur great tileset (as long as it is optional you have my full support and me as a partial user of some of the offerings you are granting us!) [Edit: So, if you go on - and I understand that desire too well - into full modding mode - please keep the tileset as a base and solemnly downloadable addon to basic DF]
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 12:08:04 am by Shandra »

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: April 16, 2011, 12:16:30 am »

Enjoy.

Wow - optional .... coal, oops cool... and i just noticed today your reply on my geological/study/i cannot define any pure colour reply a few deka of pages ago...... (regen is at the moment out of question, but with V.26 it is a "I go with it"!) - and sorry if it is a late reply, but as said (the colours I am used to the stones here in my area)..... so, sorry - no generals I may share..... what would be nice in this regard would be if toady would not just use one colour set per layer, but alike to (ground/grass/plants) tiles alternate sets wich are applied per connected layer during world gen - so that you may have your gray/green/red granite (depending on geographic location), etc. And for igneous or extrusive I understand why the basic colours are so much just grey/black.... there may be many differences - but they are so outside the Back/Foreground 8 colours base and debatable... if our godfather of source may incorporate colour in ore/gem carrieing layers based on the ores/gem present - well.... wouha!...)

P.S.: Sorry, just arrived from a party and went through (lets call it distraction/good night lecture) the last dozen of pages again.... In the hope that there where neither a DF, nor a Phoebus upgrade :P (and at least the last one was not fulfilled/granted)...

P.P.S.: Thanks again!

P.P.P.S.: I may look into that steel mod once i am sober again.... but wouldn't it be nice to incorporate all those correctly stated DFWiki stones that are/or was used in Real Life as a source for something.... Bauxite as 1st thought....
Oops... nope - sorry, please don't try to make a suite (Virus/Malware/Firewall - one App for a particular task please!) outa'ur great tileset (as long as it is optional you have my full support and me as a partial user of some of the offerings you are granting us!) [Edit: So, if you go on - and I understand that desire too well - into full modding mode - please keep the tileset as a base and solemnly downloadable addon to basic DF]
You mean Bauxite + Cryolite = Aluminium?

Is it possible to make a custom workshop that requires (windmill/watermill) power?

Akomis

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: April 16, 2011, 04:34:41 am »

Thank you for new version of Phoebus' Graphic Set. :)
It is great except one thing - free space tile. Is it supposed that air tile should look like dead tree?
I fixed this problem for myself - replaced the last tile in "Phoebus_16x16.png" with old one (from Phoebus' 31.25v02 ), but i`d like to know - is it correct view, or maybe i have some config files corrupted?

wurli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: April 16, 2011, 04:56:49 am »

It is great except one thing - free space tile. Is it supposed that air tile should look like dead tree?
I fixed this problem for myself - replaced the last tile in "Phoebus_16x16.png" with old one (from Phoebus' 31.25v02 ), but i`d like to know - is it correct view, or maybe i have some config files corrupted?

I don't have this problem with v12
have you updated the raw files in your save ?

Ethicalfive

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: April 16, 2011, 05:12:23 am »

yay for no more angry kites! Very nice phoebus, keep up the great work.
Urist McMiner Unearths a strange pad. He trembles as he inspects it's time saving features. Knowing no 1 dwarf must posess this power, he quietly drops it into the nearest chasm and never speaks of it again.DwarfPad

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: April 16, 2011, 08:34:25 am »

You need to update your inits. The tile # association for sky/chasm (found in d_init.txt) has been changed since v02.

manboricua

• Bay Watcher
  • After the 50th Fort, I'm getting the hang of this!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: April 16, 2011, 10:12:57 am »

This graphic set is the best. 'Noff said!
Loving life every second

Akomis

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: April 16, 2011, 11:30:17 am »

You need to update your inits. The tile # association for sky/chasm (found in d_init.txt) has been changed since v02.

I used Pre-Installed Package. Save game was updated - i replaced "/raw" folder with new one.

UPD: oh, i found what it was - i copied "d_init.txt" from 31.25v02 with save games, and other options. Thank you for help, you were right :)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 11:51:01 am by Akomis »
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 140