Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What are your most common reasons for losing a fort?

Dwarven Selection
- 113 (6.3%)
Wildlife
- 58 (3.2%)
Ambushes
- 154 (8.6%)
Sieges
- 207 (11.5%)
Undeads
- 118 (6.6%)
Forgotten Beasts
- 110 (6.1%)
Megabeasts
- 42 (2.3%)
The Circus
- 84 (4.7%)
FUN Spiral
- 286 (15.9%)
Dwarven Engineering
- 131 (7.3%)
FPS Death
- 396 (22%)
Other? (please specify)
- 97 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 879

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 140

Author Topic: [0.34.11v01] Phoebus' Graphic Set (0.34.11's one year anniversary update)  (Read 979110 times)

Lockyy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tales from the Fortress

How do I get this grimdark version thats in that screenshot? I don't like the new colourscheme at all.
Tales from the Fortress is my website dedicated to archiving stories from the world of dwarf fortress.

Now updated to include a DF2014 section!

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How do I get this grimdark version thats in that screenshot? I don't like the new colourscheme at all.
Edit the "/data/init/init.txt" file, and change the four "Phoebus_16x16.png" lines to "Phoebus_16x16_Grimdark.png".
Alternatively, you could try "Phoebus_16x16_Flat.png", it doesn't have the grass gradients if that is what is bothering you.

Read "Phoebus.Readme.txt" for more instructions.
Edit: I'm so silly, I've put a second copy of "Grimdark" in the place of the "Flat" tileset. Fixed.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 08:22:07 pm by Phoebus »

Lockyy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tales from the Fortress

Edit the "/data/init/init.txt" file, and change the four "Phoebus_16x16.png" lines to "Phoebus_16x16_Grimdark.png".
Alternatively, you could try "Phoebus_16x16_Grimdark.png", it doesn't have the grass gradients if that is what is bothering you.

Read "Phoebus.Readme.txt" for more instructions.

Yeah, it's just the new colourations on grass. Completely throws off terrifying areas when the grass is bright green as opposed to the dark green it was.
Also, thanks for all the great work. :D

Edit: The grimdark one solves my problem perfectly!
Thanks a tonne. :)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 11:18:38 am by Lockyy »
Tales from the Fortress is my website dedicated to archiving stories from the world of dwarf fortress.

Now updated to include a DF2014 section!

Korva

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You're on a roll! I'm using Mayday's but I think I'll try to merge "the best of both worlds" since his isn't updated yet and yours has some really nice recent changes. :)

veok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Phoebus, would it be possible for you to provide me a set with wall tiles without the outer "bands" of engravings? Or, if it's easier, just the set of walls without engraving entirely ?

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Phoebus, would it be possible for you to provide me a set with wall tiles without the outer "bands" of engravings? Or, if it's easier, just the set of walls without engraving entirely ?
The walls in the tileset I did (Phoebus_16x16_Kren.png) lack engraving so that might work for you, depending on how you feel about my walls, of course. :D  I need to finish those up, actually.

Also, I noticed on the poll about walls that with my vote there are two people using the _Kren.png tiles?!  I was pleased Phoebus included them, but I wasn't expecting someone other than myself to be using them. ;)
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Of which walls are you talking about? Diagonals?

Btw, walls need engravings for wooden doors & watermills.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 06:53:02 am by Phoebus »

Shandra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, I noticed on the poll about walls that with my vote there are two people using the _Kren.png tiles?!  I was pleased Phoebus included them, but I wasn't expecting someone other than myself to be using them. ;)

I am not one of those 2, but I must say they look interesting... but since it took me some time to adapt from the old guybrush&later sphr's tileset ones to diagonal tiles (especially the outside edge of floor on those diag.tiles) I am not sure if I can get back to square tiles without killing my aesthatic sense once and for all :insane: - but in those rare moments I am still thinking about transfering Sphr's walls to Phoebus it may well be that I try yours instead ;)

Ok, and now trying out V10 (upgrading from V07) :D

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile

Sorry Kren, those grimdarks with the super-stout walls are too nice to miss.
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Phoebus is taken by a fey mood.
Phoebus has claimed Sphr's wall design & crenelated wall design.

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

On an unrelated matter, I'm on a map with a 27 z-levels natural waterfall, copper (no iron, tin or coal), shallow/flat caves & 96 z-levels of FUN!
I'm giggling like a schoolgirl.

Fish fall down that waterfall... and explode!

wurli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

On an unrelated matter, I'm on a map with a 27 z-levels natural waterfall, copper (no iron, tin or coal), shallow/flat caves & 96 z-levels of FUN!
I'm giggling like a schoolgirl.

Fish fall down that waterfall... and explode!
Nice.
Bet that's not healthy for your frame-rate

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

First version. I think I've setup the colors wrong.
Should I make the borders thicker?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 02:41:01 pm by Phoebus »

Shandra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm not sure - with that we have the diagonals and floor tile on outside space again, which I could somewhat ignore with those retro square sets, because even the straight walls had some spacing left on their sides (If I remember the art from sphr's director cut right)... Ah, ok - just found the old set on my HDD and what may have confused me are the small diagonalls in the T or + junctions with those diagonals - so remembering the .40d walls I used as thinner than yours was just a faulty memory and void.
But that old tileset had outer engravings (at least directors cut 5.1) alike to your (old/new) diagonal set. Back to topic - yes, just a pixel or two for the border couldn't hurt (or thinner walls at overall) ;) But in general, that looks pretty good and retro :D
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 03:26:40 pm by Shandra »

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Two versions with +2 pixel width:
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 140