Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What are your most common reasons for losing a fort?

Dwarven Selection
- 113 (6.3%)
Wildlife
- 58 (3.2%)
Ambushes
- 154 (8.6%)
Sieges
- 207 (11.5%)
Undeads
- 118 (6.6%)
Forgotten Beasts
- 110 (6.1%)
Megabeasts
- 42 (2.3%)
The Circus
- 84 (4.7%)
FUN Spiral
- 286 (15.9%)
Dwarven Engineering
- 131 (7.3%)
FPS Death
- 396 (22%)
Other? (please specify)
- 97 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 879

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 140

Author Topic: [0.34.11v01] Phoebus' Graphic Set (0.34.11's one year anniversary update)  (Read 979196 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.25v00] Phoebus' Graphic Set (Updated & bamboo tile)
« Reply #780 on: March 28, 2011, 03:46:44 pm »

It's a separate creature, so I don't see how is it useless.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Ockad

• Bay Watcher
  • Take a look at my fine wares!
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: March 28, 2011, 03:48:39 pm »

OH OAMWDOANWOAWFMAWLNZETKZEZTKL. Great man.

Shandra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: March 28, 2011, 07:00:15 pm »

It's a separate creature, so I don't see how is it useless.

Not useless.... Deon: would U please be so kind to provide a graphics_whatsoever.txt file for your "bitmap" ? So that we can add it in the meantime (before it is integrated in the pack) [just for us, like me that are to lazy to write it on their own] ?

P.S.: And well, the Penguins could have a little more spirit (alike to Kowalski, Private, Skipper and Rico :p - i am missing the *KaWuum*)....
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 07:09:07 pm by Shandra »

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: March 28, 2011, 07:21:10 pm »

The penguin man is kinda useless due to the fact that penguins ARE in fact almost 'men'! ( Well, lets say they act like it. )

You mean men ARE in fact almost penguins(or at least act like it)?
"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?"

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: March 28, 2011, 07:41:03 pm »

I just knew I should have waited another day before downloading .24 yesterday.  /sigh

Very nice work, as always, Phoebus.  Though I'm late to the party, I would have voted for the left selection for bamboo.  The changes it makes to bars and such are such that there shouldn't be confusion about what something is.

Now to decide it I want to keep the fort I just started (lots of chalk, and three visible tiles of limonite poking out of a hillside in .24), or grab .25 and enjoy the updated graphics.
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Langdon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: March 28, 2011, 07:52:56 pm »

I just knew I should have waited another day before downloading .24 yesterday.  /sigh

Very nice work, as always, Phoebus.  Though I'm late to the party, I would have voted for the left selection for bamboo.  The changes it makes to bars and such are such that there shouldn't be confusion about what something is.

Now to decide it I want to keep the fort I just started (lots of chalk, and three visible tiles of limonite poking out of a hillside in .24), or grab .25 and enjoy the updated graphics.

I believe there is only one raw change from .24 to .25 (cave dragon) and thus you should be fine copying over your save+raws to the new version. All you're going to lose is the ability of cave dragons to kick as well as bite.

Ironhand

• Bay Watcher
  • the llama is laughing
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: March 28, 2011, 08:58:15 pm »

Thanks again for the walls! They are HOT.

I've got my engravings all done on them,
and they're in the new version. Check 'em out!

Although moving them to 16 pixels might be kinda annoying...

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: March 28, 2011, 10:30:19 pm »

Phoebus, your update of the bamboo tile inspired me to do some graphics work. :D  I thought I'd share in case you wanted them.  I redid the arrows (not the triangles) and gave a shadow to the pot.  My new walls are still a "work-in-progress", but the other changes are complete. I don't have an in-game screenshot at this point, but here is the full tileset with my changes if you wanted to include the arrow/pot tiles.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: March 28, 2011, 11:28:31 pm »

Thanks! :)
But, like you predicted, I couldn't transfer the 18x18 engravings to 16x16. :(
Your engravings and texture still inspired me and I made these. Thanks.  ;D
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Phoebus, your update of the bamboo tile inspired me to do some graphics work. :D  I thought I'd share in case you wanted them.  I redid the arrows (not the triangles) and gave a shadow to the pot.  My new walls are still a "work-in-progress", but the other changes are complete. I don't have an in-game screenshot at this point, but here is the full tileset with my changes if you wanted to include the arrow/pot tiles.
I can't use your arrows because they are interlaced with their background and I can't extract them, but I will use the pots and update your walls.
Thank you.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 12:10:13 am by Phoebus »

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: March 29, 2011, 12:02:48 am »

Thanks! :)
But, like you predicted, I couldn't transfer the 18x18 engravings to 16x16. :(
Your engravings and texture still inspired me and I made these. Thanks.  ;D

Ooh!  I like those engraved walls.  I hope the two of you don't mind that I'm gonna pick them apart to see how you made them :D

I can't use your arrows because they are interlaced with their background and I can't extract them, but I will use the pots and update your walls.
Thank you.
I've still got the layered version, so if you prefer I can post the arrows without background.  I cut the original arrows out, background and all, nd pasted in the plain background from down just below the walls (second or third from last row, far right side) then put the arrows on top of that.  They look pretty good on the embark screen to me.

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[0.31.25v01] Phoebus' Graphic Set (New walls & more)
« Reply #790 on: March 29, 2011, 12:08:36 am »

*Updated* 0.31.25v01
New walls.
Added graphics for several new creatures. (It's Deon's fault! :P )
New pot tile. (Thank Kren!)
Updated Kren's tileset with his new walls.
Dead dwarves, elves, goblins and kobolds will now lie down.

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.25v01] Phoebus' Graphic Set (New walls & more)
« Reply #791 on: March 29, 2011, 12:41:47 am »

Spoiler: The New Walls (click to show/hide)

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: March 29, 2011, 12:56:14 am »

*Updated* 0.31.25v01
New walls.
Phoebus,  you can get the layered version of my tiles here (GIMP .xcf file), and the same file in (flattened) .png. I did some tweaks that I think make the pot look better than my original.

I checked the image and I'm not sure what you mean about the arrows.  I used the same background as the originals, so a straight cut-the-old then paste-the-new should work just fine.  It seems I'd flattened the arrows into the background already, however, so I wasn't able to provide them as a layer by themselves.

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: March 29, 2011, 01:47:02 am »

*Updated* 0.31.25v01
New walls.
Phoebus,  you can get the layered version of my tiles here (GIMP .xcf file), and the same file in (flattened) .png. I did some tweaks that I think make the pot look better than my original.

I checked the image and I'm not sure what you mean about the arrows.  I used the same background as the originals, so a straight cut-the-old then paste-the-new should work just fine.  It seems I'd flattened the arrows into the background already, however, so I wasn't able to provide them as a layer by themselves.
Thanks for the XCF file. I'll find a way to separate the arrows from the background.
The tileset's XCF file currently has 85 layers, I only flatten things when I absolutely have to, that way I can easily change the tileset without too much work recovering individual parts.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: March 29, 2011, 04:06:16 am »

Wow, that's a great job. Man, my .25 version of genesis is gonna have all the new Ironhand and Phoebus tilesets! I am so happy :P.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 140