Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What are your most common reasons for losing a fort?

Dwarven Selection
- 113 (6.3%)
Wildlife
- 58 (3.2%)
Ambushes
- 154 (8.6%)
Sieges
- 207 (11.5%)
Undeads
- 118 (6.6%)
Forgotten Beasts
- 110 (6.1%)
Megabeasts
- 42 (2.3%)
The Circus
- 84 (4.7%)
FUN Spiral
- 286 (15.9%)
Dwarven Engineering
- 131 (7.3%)
FPS Death
- 396 (22%)
Other? (please specify)
- 97 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 879

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 140

Author Topic: [0.34.11v01] Phoebus' Graphic Set (0.34.11's one year anniversary update)  (Read 979263 times)

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[0.31.21v03] Phoebus' Graphic Set (Tileset improvements)
« Reply #645 on: March 09, 2011, 12:05:17 pm »

*Updated* 0.31.21v03
Removed the dim ground effect from open space tiles.

myrkul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.21v03] Phoebus' Graphic Set (Tileset improvements)
« Reply #646 on: March 09, 2011, 12:14:53 pm »

thus beating out toady for the "fastest update evar" award.
Tips, donations or bribes:

1LRwdLUjnUrsnQzHmxRPCjMSxqPrPUU8p

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: March 10, 2011, 12:27:38 pm »

Are pots and traction benches supposed to have the same graphic?
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

myrkul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.21v01] Phoebus' Graphic Set (Bugfix & new tiles)
« Reply #648 on: March 10, 2011, 02:40:37 pm »

*Updated* 0.31.21v01
Added graphics for Pandas, Gigantic Pandas, Capybara & Giant Capybaras.
Changed the traction bench tile to a pot tile.

McArrowni

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: March 10, 2011, 07:36:04 pm »

Edit: Nevermind. Seems it's ok, I've found the right one now. I must have gotten mixed up in my downloads.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 07:48:28 pm by McArrowni »

Will_Tuna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: March 15, 2011, 05:43:14 am »

Do upright Spear traps change graphic when activated ( linked to pressure plate? )
Cant figure out if my danger room is working ( no pets dying).
True story: In the year 2007: Surinder Singh Bajwa, the Deputy Mayor of Delhi, India, was warding off several Rhesus Macaque monkeys at his home and fell from a first-floor balcony, suffering serious head injuries. He later died from his injuries.

myrkul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: March 15, 2011, 10:17:13 am »

Do upright Spear traps change graphic when activated ( linked to pressure plate? )
Cant figure out if my danger room is working ( no pets dying).

Yes, an "up" upright spear will look like this: | (this is the same no matter what graphics you are or are not using)
A retracted upright spear will look like this:  (ie. just the floor)
If your danger room never changes from
Code: [Select]
|||
|||
|||

to
Code: [Select]

and back, it's not working.

Shandra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: March 15, 2011, 11:56:36 am »

*Updated* 0.31.21v01

Oops... totally forgotten that I used a modified Phoebus16x16 (Just replaced the Zero with that from the old sphere tileset - as it doesn't mess up normal text too much and the coffins look somewhat nicer), so it is no wonder that I have asked myself why I haven't noticed the mentioned font changes. Ok, as Trection Benches AFAIK are not changeable, but the large pot tile is - I think I'll change that tile back to a bench now... Mh, what's a suitable Pot Tile? Cauldron... too tree-shaped, think the bucket will do ;)

Btw.: Are the color changes for the inorganics (stone/soil) pure aesthetic ones, or is there some more complex explanation "as in regards to the used tiles" (even if for example the change for Dacite would give me more colour options in furnitures, i still like it to show its felsic nature by appearance)

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #653 on: March 15, 2011, 03:38:02 pm »

I just changed my tileset from Ironhand to Phoebus, and ran the savegame updater, and now the walls are mushrooms, along with a few other wierd things.

I know this has something to do with the tile assignments for the graphics being wrong but I have no idea how to change it manually.

Nevermind, got it fixed.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 03:40:57 pm by Seriyu »

Shandra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: March 15, 2011, 03:46:08 pm »

« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 05:46:46 pm by Shandra »

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: March 16, 2011, 07:25:50 am »

*Updated* 0.31.21v01

Oops... totally forgotten that I used a modified Phoebus16x16 (Just replaced the Zero with that from the old sphere tileset - as it doesn't mess up normal text too much and the coffins look somewhat nicer), so it is no wonder that I have asked myself why I haven't noticed the mentioned font changes. Ok, as Trection Benches AFAIK are not changeable, but the large pot tile is - I think I'll change that tile back to a bench now... Mh, what's a suitable Pot Tile? Cauldron... too tree-shaped, think the bucket will do ;)
I was not aware of that item tile association could be change, but I now am. Thanks.

Do you know if the [TILE:xxx] tag also works on non-tool items?
Edit: NOPE!

Btw.: Are the color changes for the inorganics (stone/soil) pure aesthetic ones, or is there some more complex explanation "as in regards to the used tiles" (even if for example the change for Dacite would give me more colour options in furnitures, i still like it to show its felsic nature by appearance)
I've tried giving all the layers unique colors while keeping the colors within what would be natural for those rocks in the real world.
The problem (and opportunity) is that most type of rocks have many different color variations based on their 'impurities' so to speak.
Search Rhyolite on Google image and you'll find plenty of redish variation.
Dacite is a less solid color choice. Many layer stones have blueish tints, I've picked dacite as it seemed to me as the best pick.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 07:54:42 am by Phoebus »

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[0.31.21v04] Phoebus' Graphic Set (More tileset improvements)
« Reply #656 on: March 16, 2011, 08:44:14 am »

*Updated* 0.31.21v04
Removed the diagonal bar from 0 (Zero) and coffins. (Default/Phosasam tileset)
Restored the tile for traction benches. (Yay! No more dwarves stuffed in pots!)
Changed the tile for large pots; bowyer workshops will be affected.
Changed the tile for honeycombs, hives, jugs, mortars, bowls, ladles & cauldrons.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.21v04] Phoebus' Graphic Set (More tileset improvements)
« Reply #657 on: March 16, 2011, 04:51:20 pm »

*Updated* 0.31.21v04
Changed the tile for honeycombs, hives, jugs, mortars, bowls, ladles & cauldrons.
You should have ant-hills use the same tile as hives.  Unless they don't show up anymore now that hives have taken over their tile. (I always thought it odd that ants lived in wells ;)).
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Shandra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: March 16, 2011, 07:24:01 pm »

Phoebus: Yeah, I know or understand what you mean with unique and natural.... and so am I moding those colours to match those stones I encountered in the field and... well.... one of my fav-types in real life is Labradorite... I like your choice for rhyolith/rhyolite as it matches the picture from the german wikipedia - and so I just like 'em to keep the colours to those I know from own experience and local occurence (and at least for granite or such that is really many variances for us here in Berlin, because we have so many pebbles and "Findlinge" in our glazial sediments of various origin (Oops, there is no english wikipedia article for "Schriftgranit" and even the german one is just a placebo... but that type of granite, as the general one, can be of white/gray, redish or whatsoever colour (fieldspar component, see below "*"))... but in general I tend to set the ignious/plutonic (and ok, nowadays it is not used for them anymore - extrusive) rocks to colours alike to their mafic or felsic state in regards to the QAPF Diagram (for extrusive ones the current diagram used would be the TAS one).... just asked because I am new to meddle with anything besides personality (.28 times) and now also attribute value for new embarks (temporary change for just the embark) and don't wanted to mess up the whole graphic set.

P.S.: And I really would wish that background and foreground colours would be more consistend (and possibly extended for variances) in game - alone the colours fieldspars may have.... and then there would be the point of withered appearance compared to polish one (crying out loud at least two colour designations - untampered and tampered with) - simply observable with granite - in general it is more light/grayish in handsample and darkens with a smoothed surface as the Mica minerals become more observable/aren't tarnished anymore ("*" Btw.: Old Proverb for us geology students for granite: Feldspat, Quarz und Glimmer - diese 3 vergess' ich nimmer (nie mehr) [Fieldspar, Quartz and Mica - those 3 I will not forget anymore])

P.P.S.: Wonderful update!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 07:41:11 pm by Shandra »

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: March 17, 2011, 11:11:41 pm »

*Updated* 0.31.21v04
You should have ant-hills use the same tile as hives.  Unless they don't show up anymore now that hives have taken over their tile. (I always thought it odd that ants lived in wells ;)).
I use the table tile to represent beehives, for it's likeness to commercial beehives. In retrospect I forgot to consider natural beehives...  :-\
Short of dedicating a tile to ant hills (something we can't afford at the moment), I think the well tile still fits ant hills the best.
At the very least they are very easy to identify once you make the "well = ant-hill" association.
Spoiler: Ant hill picture (click to show/hide)

Phoebus: Yeah, I know or understand what you mean with unique and natural.... and so am I moding those colours to match those stones I encountered in the field and... well.... one of my fav-types in real life is Labradorite... I like your choice for rhyolith/rhyolite as it matches the picture from the german wikipedia - and so I just like 'em to keep the colours to those I know from own experience and local occurence (and at least for granite or such that is really many variances for us here in Berlin, because we have so many pebbles and "Findlinge" in our glazial sediments of various origin (Oops, there is no english wikipedia article for "Schriftgranit" and even the german one is just a placebo... but that type of granite, as the general one, can be of white/gray, redish or whatsoever colour (fieldspar component, see below "*"))... but in general I tend to set the ignious/plutonic (and ok, nowadays it is not used for them anymore - extrusive) rocks to colours alike to their mafic or felsic state in regards to the QAPF Diagram (for extrusive ones the current diagram used would be the TAS one).... just asked because I am new to meddle with anything besides personality (.28 times) and now also attribute value for new embarks (temporary change for just the embark) and don't wanted to mess up the whole graphic set.

P.S.: And I really would wish that background and foreground colours would be more consistend (and possibly extended for variances) in game - alone the colours fieldspars may have.... and then there would be the point of withered appearance compared to polish one (crying out loud at least two colour designations - untampered and tampered with) - simply observable with granite - in general it is more light/grayish in handsample and darkens with a smoothed surface as the Mica minerals become more observable/aren't tarnished anymore ("*" Btw.: Old Proverb for us geology students for granite: Feldspat, Quarz und Glimmer - diese 3 vergess' ich nimmer (nie mehr) [Fieldspar, Quartz and Mica - those 3 I will not forget anymore])

P.P.S.: Wonderful update!
I can't really discuss geology at your level.
But if you want to share your rock color choices, I'll be happy to consider adjusting the graphic pack based on your choices.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 140