Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What are your most common reasons for losing a fort?

Dwarven Selection
- 113 (6.3%)
Wildlife
- 58 (3.2%)
Ambushes
- 154 (8.6%)
Sieges
- 207 (11.5%)
Undeads
- 118 (6.6%)
Forgotten Beasts
- 110 (6.1%)
Megabeasts
- 42 (2.3%)
The Circus
- 84 (4.7%)
FUN Spiral
- 286 (15.9%)
Dwarven Engineering
- 131 (7.3%)
FPS Death
- 396 (22%)
Other? (please specify)
- 97 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 879

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 140

Author Topic: [0.34.11v01] Phoebus' Graphic Set (0.34.11's one year anniversary update)  (Read 979264 times)

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[0.31.21v01] Phoebus' Graphic Set (Bugfix & new tiles)
« Reply #630 on: March 06, 2011, 11:21:46 pm »

*Updated* 0.31.21v01
Added graphics for Pandas, Gigantic Pandas, Capybara & Giant Capybaras.
Changed the traction bench tile to a pot tile.

mrbaggins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.21v01] Phoebus' Graphic Set (Bugfix & new tiles)
« Reply #631 on: March 07, 2011, 12:02:08 am »

Thank you muchly. I'd been holding out til toady fixed the bugs, and you've got this up moments after. Awesome work!

LordMogra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: March 07, 2011, 12:57:11 am »

I wanted to try this tileset, so I used the pre-install v01 to update my DF .19 install to .21. Now I get "Missing Reaction Definition". I see on the forums other people getting it from time to time and it seems to relate to the tileset used, but I don't seem to see any fixes. Help?

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: March 07, 2011, 02:13:52 am »

I wanted to try this tileset, so I used the pre-install v01 to update my DF .19 install to .21. Now I get "Missing Reaction Definition". I see on the forums other people getting it from time to time and it seems to relate to the tileset used, but I don't seem to see any fixes. Help?
Did you use the savegame updater?
Were you using a tileset or some mods before installing this?

Jiri Petru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: March 07, 2011, 05:52:21 am »

I had the same problem with a pre-31.19 save. It was caused by soap - Toady changed the reaction in reactions_other.txt. The old one was named  [MAKE_SOAP], the new one is [MAKE_SOAP_FROM_TALLOW]. If you have the old reaction queued but update the raws it will crash the game. You need to manually rewrite the [MAKE_SOAP_FROM_TALLOW] in the new raws back to [MAKE_SOAP].
Yours,
Markus Cz. Clasplashes

Cespinarve

• Bay Watcher
  • Lege lege lege relege labora et invenies
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: March 07, 2011, 01:16:02 pm »

So, how would I get this to work on my Mac?
Nice one, not sure when I'll be feeling like killing a baby but these things are good to know.
This is why we can't have nice things... someone will just wind up filling it with corpses.
Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what's incomplete and saying: "Now it's complete because it's ended here."

myrkul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: March 07, 2011, 01:25:13 pm »

So, how would I get this to work on my Mac?

First, install linux... ;)

decompressing the files into your df directory (wherever that might be...), over-writing any files that it finds, should be sufficient. Use the .sh save updater, since Mac is a *nix-based system. SHOULD work fine. just be sure the folders line up.
Tips, donations or bribes:

1LRwdLUjnUrsnQzHmxRPCjMSxqPrPUU8p

LordMogra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: March 07, 2011, 04:08:29 pm »

Did you use the savegame updater?
Were you using a tileset or some mods before installing this?

Yes, I had just tried the Ironhand tileset, but no other mods. And yes, I used the savegame updater a couple times just in case.

I had the same problem with a pre-31.19 save. It was caused by soap - Toady changed the reaction in reactions_other.txt. The old one was named  [MAKE_SOAP], the new one is [MAKE_SOAP_FROM_TALLOW]. If you have the old reaction queued but update the raws it will crash the game. You need to manually rewrite the [MAKE_SOAP_FROM_TALLOW] in the new raws back to [MAKE_SOAP].

Would this be the same if I was _not_ using a per-31.19 save? I was using a 31.19 save and updated directly to 31.21, as I said.

Jiri Petru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: March 07, 2011, 04:24:50 pm »

I don't know. Compare the reactions raws in the old save and in the new version and figure out what reaction is missing.
Yours,
Markus Cz. Clasplashes

LordMogra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: March 07, 2011, 05:16:16 pm »

I don't know. Compare the reactions raws in the old save and in the new version and figure out what reaction is missing.
:\ I don't see any actual missing reactions between them. Using a diff program to compare them, even.

LordMogra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: March 07, 2011, 07:00:21 pm »

Ok, Jiri, dunno wtf is going on, but here's what I have tried.
I tried rolling back to .19 using Phoebus' .19 preinstall, no bueno.
I tried vanilla df and the vanilla df raw file, no bueno.
In a final, last ditch effort, I changed MAKE_SOAP_FROM_TALLOW to MAKE_SOAP... it worked.

I say, you da man. Here's a kudos for you, and I will go to the corner now, should have tried your advice directly in the first place :). ::dons dunce cap::

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: March 07, 2011, 08:51:47 pm »

My graphic set does not changes the "reaction_other.txt" or "reaction_smelter.txt" files.
The 'MAKE_SOAP' reaction was last used in .18 and was changed to 'MAKE_SOAP_FROM_TALLOW' in .19.

I've made a modified "reaction_other.txt" that includes both new and old names for the make soap reaction.
So it should be able to fix compatibility with old savegames, without breaking new savegames (hopefully.)
reaction_other.txt @ MediaFire

Jiri Petru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: March 08, 2011, 08:43:30 am »

Glad I helped.

(EDIT: I know it's a vanilla thing, not Phoebus', but since the question was asked here...)
Yours,
Markus Cz. Clasplashes

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: March 08, 2011, 09:37:43 am »

Did I do something wrong here? I installed 31.21 manually, seeing all the changes in the raws that had been made and updating my files manually.  Then I dropped the graphics folder in and genned a new world.  Everything went great until I started adventure mode as a Nord.

My nord is a normal, if blue, human looking graphics tile.

But all the people in the vilages are rendered as bones.  Different colored bones.  Did I do something wrong or did you not make sprites for the nords yet?

Edit: Nope, I'm looking at the graphics file now.  There are deffinitely nordic looking nords in there somewhere... but they're not being applied somehow.  They're using the default tile, which in you distro just so happens to be a dead skeleton thing.

Edit edit: I just realized I misposted this bug... please disreguard as I go put this where it actually belongs.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 10:03:27 am by Jeoshua »
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[0.31.21v02] Phoebus' Graphic Set (Tileset improvements)
« Reply #644 on: March 09, 2011, 11:50:58 am »

*Updated* 0.31.21v02
Added the darkened background effect to most remaining tiles in tileset.
Added a dim ground effect to many tiles that didn't have one before.
Cinnabar and Cobaltite will now be displayed as stone after they've been mined out.
Updated the left & right bolt heads, and the upward bolt tail.
Added the old soap reaction to help people upgrading savegames created with DF 0.31.18 or prior.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 140