Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What are your most common reasons for losing a fort?

Dwarven Selection
- 113 (6.3%)
Wildlife
- 58 (3.2%)
Ambushes
- 154 (8.6%)
Sieges
- 207 (11.5%)
Undeads
- 118 (6.6%)
Forgotten Beasts
- 110 (6.1%)
Megabeasts
- 42 (2.3%)
The Circus
- 84 (4.7%)
FUN Spiral
- 286 (15.9%)
Dwarven Engineering
- 131 (7.3%)
FPS Death
- 396 (22%)
Other? (please specify)
- 97 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 879

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 140

Author Topic: [0.34.11v01] Phoebus' Graphic Set (0.34.11's one year anniversary update)  (Read 979386 times)

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.18v03] Phoebus' Graphic Set (Bogeymen & Night Creatures)
« Reply #495 on: December 20, 2010, 06:18:59 am »

double posting:
Hey, phoebus, do you plan on removing/changing those bane/sphr sprite sheets any time soon? I'm using some of them as graphics for FD creatures.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: December 20, 2010, 08:38:59 pm »

double posting:
Hey, phoebus, do you plan on removing/changing those bane/sphr sprite sheets any time soon? I'm using some of them as graphics for FD creatures.
I've already removed the old sheets from the latest releases, but you are free to include the old versions of the sprite sheets in your mods if you still want to refer to them.

FatedTemp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: December 22, 2010, 08:10:49 pm »

The tile problem will be fixed the moment 'OBJECT:GRAPHICS' are implemented further than just 'CREATURE_GRAPHICS'.
We could have 'INORGANIC_GRAPHICS' for walls & un-mined minerals & gems, and 'PLANT_GRAPHICS' for plants and trees; that would fix most of the tileset limitations.
Sigh ... if only. It's this limitation that made me give up on my own tileset. Still, keep up the good work, this tileset's the one I use. So ... thanks!

Hans Lemurson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: December 30, 2010, 06:06:55 am »

I've got a question which I've been having trouble finding an answer to: Why is mud red?  How can I change it to a proper brown so that my fields don't look like a massacre site.  Then again, given all the other wonderful work put into this mod, it's probably a bug since I don't think you'd overlook something like that.

A second issue is that all of my dogs and cats are zombies.  At first it just looked like they had a "patterned coat" but upon closer inspection, I can see that it's actually missing chunks of flesh and their eyes are red.  Also, kittens are invisible.  I'm using the Phoebus mod that came in version 6.1 of the Lazy Newb Pack.
Foolprooof way to penetrate aquifers of unlimited depth.  (Make sure to import at least 10 stones for mechanisms)
Toughen Dwarves by dropping stuff on them.  (Nothing too heavy though, and make sure to wear armor.)
"Urist had a little lamb
whose feet tracked blighted soot.
And into every face he saw
his sooty foot he put."

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: December 30, 2010, 07:45:17 am »

Lazy newb pack use 18.02. Phoebus .02 used wrong tile offsets for cats and dogs, which explain why kitties and puppies are not shown. If you just want to play the game with phoebus, simply download it directly here.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: December 30, 2010, 11:11:56 am »

I've got a question which I've been having trouble finding an answer to: Why is mud red?  How can I change it to a proper brown so that my fields don't look like a massacre site.  Then again, given all the other wonderful work put into this mod, it's probably a bug since I don't think you'd overlook something like that.
Hardcoded. I've tried really hard to fix that problem.
Most likely has something to do with the default color palette lacking a brown color.

A second issue is that all of my dogs and cats are zombies.  At first it just looked like they had a "patterned coat" but upon closer inspection, I can see that it's actually missing chunks of flesh and their eyes are red.  Also, kittens are invisible.  I'm using the Phoebus mod that came in version 6.1 of the Lazy Newb Pack.
As rephikul stated, it's been fixed in the latest version.
You can patch up with the 'Package without game'. Remember to run the savegame updater after installing the changes.

Krelian

• Bay Watcher
  • Hola
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: January 01, 2011, 09:02:39 pm »

Hello Phoebus

first, congrats on this great mod, it literally made the game playable for me.

second, I just updated to the .18 patch (I was using .16) I instaled the prepacked one, and ran the save_update thing. Just to be sure, did a clean install.
I dont know if this is suposed to happen, but now I see a witch face (or a big frog, not sure) where should be the lvl 3 gem block icon, a small frog in the lvl 1 gems, 2 dots lined horizontally in a white square in the lvl 2 gems, and a tree in the lvl 4 gems.

I did something wrong ? Regards

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: January 01, 2011, 09:23:38 pm »

Hello Phoebus

first, congrats on this great mod, it literally made the game playable for me.

second, I just updated to the .18 patch (I was using .16) I instaled the prepacked one, and ran the save_update thing. Just to be sure, did a clean install.
I dont know if this is suposed to happen, but now I see a witch face (or a big frog, not sure) where should be the lvl 3 gem block icon, a small frog in the lvl 1 gems, 2 dots lined horizontally in a white square in the lvl 2 gems, and a tree in the lvl 4 gems.

I did something wrong ? Regards
The only way that can happen is if you are using the .18 tileset with .16 raws from an old savegame.
Are you sure you copied the savegame to the .18 install before you ran the .18 updater?
Anyway, I think you could fix your problem by manually copying the raws from "DF_Phoebus_31_18v03\raw" to "DF_Phoebus_31_18v03\data\save\region???"

Krelian

• Bay Watcher
  • Hola
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: January 01, 2011, 09:54:36 pm »

It didnt work, but helped me see the problem.

Previously I had changed the name of the folder of the main save game, and the autosaves also changed eventually. The autoupdater warned me of it not finding a path but then it copied stuff anyways, so I though it had been a lone save and not the whole bunch. I think the problem is that I made a folder with spaces in the name of the save, because the autoupdater made a new save with the first word of the others as its name.
(Basically, my save is a folder "Bane of Devils", the autoupdater made a new one called "Bane". In "Bane" the was only the files you just told me to copy, the ones in the raw folder, but no other file. So I copied the rest of the files from "Bane of Devils" and now "Bane" works correctly.

Sorry for the gratuitous trouble, and again, great mod!!

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: January 02, 2011, 04:04:31 pm »

It didnt work, but helped me see the problem.

Previously I had changed the name of the folder of the main save game, and the autosaves also changed eventually. The autoupdater warned me of it not finding a path but then it copied stuff anyways, so I though it had been a lone save and not the whole bunch. I think the problem is that I made a folder with spaces in the name of the save, because the autoupdater made a new save with the first word of the others as its name.
(Basically, my save is a folder "Bane of Devils", the autoupdater made a new one called "Bane". In "Bane" the was only the files you just told me to copy, the ones in the raw folder, but no other file. So I copied the rest of the files from "Bane of Devils" and now "Bane" works correctly.

Sorry for the gratuitous trouble, and again, great mod!!
Not gratuitous at all, you found a bug in the auto-updater script.

Updated: df_savegame_updater.bat @ MediaFire

Hans Lemurson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: January 03, 2011, 05:05:14 am »

Another quick question: How do you tell the difference between Bituminous Coal and Lignite?  I know in the Mayday graphics pack they are different symbols, but they seem to be the same here.  Am I missing something, and/or is there something I can change to disambiguate the two?
Foolprooof way to penetrate aquifers of unlimited depth.  (Make sure to import at least 10 stones for mechanisms)
Toughen Dwarves by dropping stuff on them.  (Nothing too heavy though, and make sure to wear armor.)
"Urist had a little lamb
whose feet tracked blighted soot.
And into every face he saw
his sooty foot he put."

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: January 03, 2011, 05:30:42 am »

Bituminous Coal is "smelted" with "Make coke with Bituminous Coal" and lignite is "smelted" with "Make coke with Lignite"  8)

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: January 03, 2011, 12:30:34 pm »

Another quick question: How do you tell the difference between Bituminous Coal and Lignite?  I know in the Mayday graphics pack they are different symbols, but they seem to be the same here.  Am I missing something, and/or is there something I can change to disambiguate the two?
Lignite is 'brown coal'.

Coal transformation follows this path (low quality -> high quality):
Lignite -> Bituminous Coal -> Anthracite (not in game) -> Graphite & Diamonds (protip: do not set diamonds on fire)

Although lignite is called brown coal, the 'brown' part is the impurities, and most lignite is greyish with a small tint of brownish colors.
If you still wish to change the color of lignite to brown, find [INORGANIC:LIGNITE] in "inorganic_stone_mineral.txt" (in your savegame) and in it's description change the
[DISPLAY_COLOR:0:7:1]
to
[DISPLAY_COLOR:0:6:1]
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 12:33:10 pm by Phoebus »

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: January 03, 2011, 12:49:46 pm »

Most likely has something to do with the default color palette lacking a brown color.
I didnt notice this bit till today, so I'm gonna comment on it: Maybe you can consider darkening the "dark red" color itself? Clay'd still be red but it'd be more like crimson red and wont bleed your eyes out. Exampled below is clay with 63:0:0 paired with peat:
Spoiler: clay (click to show/hide)

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: January 03, 2011, 08:52:30 pm »

I didnt notice this bit till today, so I'm gonna comment on it: Maybe you can consider darkening the "dark red" color itself? Clay'd still be red but it'd be more like crimson red and wont bleed your eyes out. Exampled below is clay with 63:0:0 paired with peat:
Spoiler: clay (click to show/hide)
I retracted from that post a comment about being able to change the color of dark red to 'fix' mud.
I'm not fond of tweaking one of the most important color in the game for the sake of one hardcoded element.
Currently, the only 'pure' colors in my color table are the reds, for the sake of blood and dangers/warnings associated with red. That might be a reason why the red mud is so offputting.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 140