Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What are your most common reasons for losing a fort?

Dwarven Selection
- 113 (6.3%)
Wildlife
- 58 (3.2%)
Ambushes
- 154 (8.6%)
Sieges
- 207 (11.5%)
Undeads
- 118 (6.6%)
Forgotten Beasts
- 110 (6.1%)
Megabeasts
- 42 (2.3%)
The Circus
- 84 (4.7%)
FUN Spiral
- 286 (15.9%)
Dwarven Engineering
- 131 (7.3%)
FPS Death
- 396 (22%)
Other? (please specify)
- 97 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 879

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 140

Author Topic: [0.34.11v01] Phoebus' Graphic Set (0.34.11's one year anniversary update)  (Read 979452 times)

veok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.16v00] Phoebus' Graphic Set (Updated... again!)
« Reply #390 on: October 08, 2010, 02:08:36 pm »

Just a heads up -- the first page still lists a link "with" 31.15, even though the link itself brings ya to a 31.16 page.

Edit: And now it's fixed. Thumbsup.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 11:46:58 pm by veok »

veok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: October 10, 2010, 08:12:02 pm »

I've been investigating how doors react with the Phoebus tileset. It's... odd. It looks like there are four different door tile characters, one each for metal, stone, wood, and glass.

When in the stockpile, doors behave normally -- Olivine appears as a door, metal doors have bright colors, etc. But when you install a metal door, the tile changes to that of a stone door, and the colors likewise mute or warp to something possibly completely different.

I'm not sure if this is something fixable (installed metal doors using the stone door tile) or related to the unfixable glass portal / olivine door issue, but I thought I'd mention it anyway, on account of its weirdness.

ruanna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: October 11, 2010, 06:05:17 am »

Just wanted to ask, i'm still on .12 and i used the quick install, and the tiles show up fine for the game i've been playing since before - however i've tried genning new worlds and they show up in the default graphics tileset. How do i get new worlds in the phoebus tilesets?

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: October 11, 2010, 09:57:16 am »

Just wanted to ask, i'm still on .12 and i used the quick install, and the tiles show up fine for the game i've been playing since before - however i've tried genning new worlds and they show up in the default graphics tileset. How do i get new worlds in the phoebus tilesets?
I'm not sure I understand, but I'll try to answer:

Answer #1:
You need the use pre-installed package, then copy your old savegames over.
The 'Package without game' is for those that download the official DFv0.31.16 game and then install the package over it. If you install that package over the 0.31.12 version of the game it will break.

Answer #2:
If you installed the pre-installed package, it's going to be unpacked in a new directory. Any old shortcut will be linked to the location of your old version of DF, so it's likely you could be have been trying to gen new worlds with the old version.

Answer #3:
*scratches his head*

Just a heads up -- the first page still lists a link "with" 31.15, even though the link itself brings ya to a 31.16 page.

Edit: And now it's fixed. Thumbsup.
Thanks.
I've been investigating how doors react with the Phoebus tileset. It's... odd. It looks like there are four different door tile characters, one each for metal, stone, wood, and glass.

When in the stockpile, doors behave normally -- Olivine appears as a door, metal doors have bright colors, etc. But when you install a metal door, the tile changes to that of a stone door, and the colors likewise mute or warp to something possibly completely different.

I'm not sure if this is something fixable (installed metal doors using the stone door tile) or related to the unfixable glass portal / olivine door issue, but I thought I'd mention it anyway, on account of its weirdness.
A while ago I've investigated the same myself, and I've found the behavior to be similar/identical in vanilla DF.
The game has been designed to work with the ASCII tileset, and in that symbolic tileset these kind of shenanigans are reasonable due to the heavy abstraction. In graphical tilesets, not so much.

veok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: October 11, 2010, 12:24:00 pm »

Well, for personal aesthetic reasons, I'd prefer the metal door icon to the stone one; how would I go about switching the display of those two tiles? Do I just swap the position of the two in the tileset images or do I need to do something more complicated?

Ockad

• Bay Watcher
  • Take a look at my fine wares!
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: October 11, 2010, 01:22:09 pm »

Hey Phoeb'. When will you start on the military castes?
Would you need help with that?

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: October 11, 2010, 02:13:39 pm »

Well, for personal aesthetic reasons, I'd prefer the metal door icon to the stone one; how would I go about switching the display of those two tiles? Do I just swap the position of the two in the tileset images or do I need to do something more complicated?
Which tileset are you using? The default one?

Hey Phoeb'. When will you start on the military castes?
Would you need help with that?
I have no idea what you are talking about, so, hmm, yes, I do need help with that.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 02:15:14 pm by Phoebus »

veok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: October 11, 2010, 03:09:53 pm »

Yeah, the default one from the first link in the op.

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: October 11, 2010, 05:27:55 pm »

Yeah, the default one from the first link in the op.
Replace data/art/Phoebus_16x16.gnp with this image:

The stone door tile will have the metal door graphic.

Sfon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: October 11, 2010, 09:08:08 pm »

Problem: Glowing eyes look like bushes, as shown by the yellow bush here.

(The non-Phoebus tiles are simply because I modified it a bit, ignore that.)

Solution: GLOWTILE in creature_standard.txt allows setting it to something other than the bush. For example here I drew some dots on unused tile 182 and did a find and replace of all instances of [GLOWTILE:'"'] with [GLOWTILE:182].

Only effects adventure mode as far as I know, but it is simple to fix. Note that multiple creatures have a GLOWTILE setting, so only changing the first instance of [GLOWTILE:'"'] won't fully fix it.

ruanna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: October 12, 2010, 12:31:25 pm »

I'm not sure I understand, but I'll try to answer:

Answer #1:
You need the use pre-installed package, then copy your old savegames over.
The 'Package without game' is for those that download the official DFv0.31.16 game and then install the package over it. If you install that package over the 0.31.12 version of the game it will break.

Answer #2:
If you installed the pre-installed package, it's going to be unpacked in a new directory. Any old shortcut will be linked to the location of your old version of DF, so it's likely you could be have been trying to gen new worlds with the old version.

Answer #3:
*scratches his head*

Sorry that was rather unclear. I'm not playing in .16. Not planning on upgrading as of now.

Um basically I downloaded .12 when it was released together with the tileset. It was the download with all the utilities packed in. I thought I was playing copied saves from a previous version, I checked and apparently I generated a new world in .12 and started a new game. So all this time I've been playing this game in .12 and the tileset shows up fine. But recently I decided to generate new regions (still in .12) and for some reason some tiles aren't showing up properly. But my first region still loads the graphics correctly!

Um I had a look at the png and it doesn't actually contain the wonky pictures... it's the people and the cats and dogs that aren't showing up in region two and three. So maybe it's not a problem with the tileset but I don't actually know how the graphics work... Figured I could get help fixing it here.

here, have a screenshot of region 3

But the font shows up fine - i'm using the martin version... and the font is the same for all three.

hermano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: October 12, 2010, 12:48:52 pm »

Um I had a look at the png and it doesn't actually contain the wonky pictures... it's the people and the cats and dogs that aren't showing up in region two and three. So maybe it's not a problem with the tileset but I don't actually know how the graphics work... Figured I could get help fixing it here.

here, have a screenshot of region 3

But the font shows up fine - i'm using the martin version... and the font is the same for all three.
Check the /raw/graphics folders in you savegame folders. In the working save there should be quite a number of subfolders and textfiles. These tell the games which graphics should be shown for creatures. Copy them to the other save folders.
If this doesn't help then also delete the 'graphics_example.txt' from the other saves /raw/graphics folders.
It also looks as if the standard raw files are used in that picture. The arrows should be tree graphics. You might want to copy the files from the /raw/objects folder of the working save and replace the content of that folder in your other saves.

@phoebus
If you want to edit the glowtile with the raw tile selector edit 'definitions.txt' and add
Code: [Select]
[TILEDATA:GLOWTILE:]to the [TYPE:CREATURE] section.

Edit: By the way, your tileset is excellent, I've been using it in all my recent .31 games.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 12:58:14 pm by hermano »

ruanna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: October 12, 2010, 02:06:26 pm »

<3 thanks!

Brandedahall

• Bay Watcher
  • DWARF...why you not work :(
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: October 14, 2010, 01:00:49 pm »

hi there, im using the .16 tileset and i dont know what the goblin tower looks like... so what does it look like?
Hi guys, like my post? give me a msg

i also like critisism

[This is a pig tail fiber thong, it object menaces with spikes of pig tail fiber] D:

Jar of Jam

• Bay Watcher
  • [ITEM_FOOD:ITEM_FOOD_JAM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: October 16, 2010, 08:48:25 am »

One of my mates is using this very set but for whatever reason he can't zoom closer than this - http://yfrog.com/f3dfpic1j - what could be the problem ?
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 140