Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What are your most common reasons for losing a fort?

Dwarven Selection
- 113 (6.3%)
Wildlife
- 58 (3.2%)
Ambushes
- 154 (8.6%)
Sieges
- 207 (11.5%)
Undeads
- 118 (6.6%)
Forgotten Beasts
- 110 (6.1%)
Megabeasts
- 42 (2.3%)
The Circus
- 84 (4.7%)
FUN Spiral
- 286 (15.9%)
Dwarven Engineering
- 131 (7.3%)
FPS Death
- 396 (22%)
Other? (please specify)
- 97 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 879

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 140

Author Topic: [0.34.11v01] Phoebus' Graphic Set (0.34.11's one year anniversary update)  (Read 979487 times)

smariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.13v00] Phoebus' Graphic Set (Updated & New Tileset)
« Reply #300 on: September 15, 2010, 12:06:48 pm »

Toady is retroactively editing his comments on you!

init.phoebus.txt says "As of September 2008, ..." and the original init.txt says "As of September 2010, ..."

The fiendishness of it all!
Likes schrödinbugs for their reality destroying implications.

theqmann

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: September 15, 2010, 12:13:33 pm »

During a new worldgen, green teddy bears started showing up.  Not sure what they are yet (some farm?), but the total domination of robot bears is nearly complete in some areas.

FleshForge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: September 15, 2010, 07:53:57 pm »

That is a new feature called "sprawl", or developed areas around significant towns, and yeah it seems pretty oppressive.  The longer you let world gen run, the larger those areas will be.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: September 15, 2010, 08:24:55 pm »

That is a new feature called "sprawl", or developed areas around significant towns, and yeah it seems pretty oppressive.  The longer you let world gen run, the larger those areas will be.
Even at year 2, there were massive dark fortresses, retreats, and cities.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: September 15, 2010, 10:04:03 pm »

Toady is retroactively editing his comments on you!

init.phoebus.txt says "As of September 2008, ..." and the original init.txt says "As of September 2010, ..."

The fiendishness of it all!
I'm a Chronowizard! Do not invoke my wrath!

FleshForge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: September 15, 2010, 10:22:15 pm »

Even at year 2, there were massive dark fortresses, retreats, and cities.

Yeah I see what you mean, although it's dramatically more crowded at 1050 - to the point of silliness really.

NKDietrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: September 16, 2010, 03:18:53 am »

Any plans to put together an alternate tileset for TrueType mode that liberates the rest of the alphabet symbols for use with additional graphics?

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: September 16, 2010, 10:32:01 am »

Any plans to put together an alternate tileset for TrueType mode that liberates the rest of the alphabet symbols for use with additional graphics?
The current TrueType support is not complete, it's the first thing I've checked from the new DF version. Creature description do not still use the TrueType font.
Once the TrueType implementation covers all text in the game, I will free the text characters and replace them with graphics, this will be particularly useful for symbols that hard-coded to use a text tile, like water levels (0-7), X for bins & crosshairs, I for supports, n and v? for hills and valleys on the world map and minimap, etc.

NKDietrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: September 16, 2010, 12:45:47 pm »

The current TrueType support is not complete, it's the first thing I've checked from the new DF version. Creature description do not still use the TrueType font.
Once the TrueType implementation covers all text in the game, I will free the text characters and replace them with graphics, this will be particularly useful for symbols that hard-coded to use a text tile, like water levels (0-7), X for bins & crosshairs, I for supports, n and v? for hills and valleys on the world map and minimap, etc.

Sounds great. Looking forward to that, when DF gets TrueType fully implemented!

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: September 16, 2010, 06:04:01 pm »

*Updated* 0.31.13v00
Updated to DF 0.31.13
Changed the Rough Gem, Web & Masterpiece tile.
Added the custom tileset Kren to the list of alternate tilesets. (Made by krenshala)
OK, I was expecting the "Changed the Rough Gem, Web & Masterpiece tile." comment, but not the "Added the custom tileset Kren ..." as part of the update!  :o

I guess I should take that as incentive to fix my walls and make a good barrel graphic. :D
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: September 16, 2010, 06:22:39 pm »

Any time I try to use run Dwarf Fortress with the pre-install pack I get an error and the program is closed by Data Execution Prevention (even if I haven't done anything to the file).

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 16, 2010, 07:30:52 pm »

Any time I try to use run Dwarf Fortress with the pre-install pack I get an error and the program is closed by Data Execution Prevention (even if I haven't done anything to the file).
Do you get the same error when running vanilla DF, or only when using the Phoebus graphics version?  Also, what version of Windows?
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: September 16, 2010, 07:40:35 pm »

I haven't tried vanilla .13 yet (I'll try now), though .12 with Phoebus worked fine.

I'm using Windows Vista.

What's weird is that when any other version I've had seemed to not be responding I could just wait and it would work eventually, but now my computer is forcing it closed.

EDIT: vanilla .13 works.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 07:47:37 pm by Knigel »

LucasUP

• Bay Watcher
  • Devout Cheeseist
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.12v03] Phoebus' Graphic Set (Tileset improvements)
« Reply #313 on: September 16, 2010, 07:52:15 pm »

I think you're problem might be simply with Phoebus's init settings.
Try editing init.txt and changing
[PRINT_MODE:STANDARD]
to
[PRINT_MODE:2D]
Several other people with windows 7/4bit have run into similiar problems with the "standard" print mode.

Phoebus you might really consider changing the init settings back to "2D" for default! There have been quite a handful of people having this problem
OG founder of the Lazy Newb Pack

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: September 16, 2010, 08:02:02 pm »

^Huh, that worked.

I wonder why that wasn't a problem for the last version.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 140