Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What are your most common reasons for losing a fort?

Dwarven Selection
- 113 (6.3%)
Wildlife
- 58 (3.2%)
Ambushes
- 154 (8.6%)
Sieges
- 207 (11.5%)
Undeads
- 118 (6.6%)
Forgotten Beasts
- 110 (6.1%)
Megabeasts
- 42 (2.3%)
The Circus
- 84 (4.7%)
FUN Spiral
- 286 (15.9%)
Dwarven Engineering
- 131 (7.3%)
FPS Death
- 396 (22%)
Other? (please specify)
- 97 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 879

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 140

Author Topic: [0.34.11v01] Phoebus' Graphic Set (0.34.11's one year anniversary update)  (Read 979523 times)

shibdib

• Bay Watcher
  • How much for Goat?
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.12v01] Phoebus' Graphic Set (Creature graphics update)
« Reply #255 on: July 31, 2010, 08:43:44 pm »

What does this map symbol mean? I circled it in yellow.

its the traction bench... imo needs a new icon..

WormSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WormSlayer.com
« Reply #256 on: August 02, 2010, 01:11:38 pm »

On the world map that tile is used for "Volcano".

EvilGrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 02, 2010, 01:21:05 pm »

Are you sure its the traction bench icon? I thought that was used for traps?

Ockad

• Bay Watcher
  • Take a look at my fine wares!
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 02, 2010, 01:27:00 pm »

It IS, used for traps.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 03, 2010, 03:04:23 am »

traction bench is the symbol next to the bed - also used for some plant crops...
This is a blank sig.

LAAT501legion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 07, 2010, 09:05:19 am »

I don't know if someone has noticed it, but I'm having problems with the graphics for grand master dwarfes, they are only displayed sometimes, and the graphics of the fortress guard don't display(They all look like ordinary military dwarfes) Also, great tileset :)
This isn't reality.
THIS IS DWARF FORTRESS!!
*kicks an elf into the pit*
Roll to be a BATTLE WIZARD

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 07, 2010, 06:10:48 pm »

I don't know if someone has noticed it, but I'm having problems with the graphics for grand master dwarfes, they are only displayed sometimes, and the graphics of the fortress guard don't display(They all look like ordinary military dwarfes) Also, great tileset :)
That sounds like an issue with DF in general, rather than with this tileset specifically.

The Grim Sleeper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 08, 2010, 02:57:39 pm »

The tile-set doesn't support punctuation, like comma and dots. This makes the ground look nice, but can be a pain in the beard when reading messages.
It seems like an obvious problem so if this has already been mentioned, ignore this post.

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 09, 2010, 11:28:24 pm »

The tile-set doesn't support punctuation, like comma and dots. This makes the ground look nice, but can be a pain in the beard when reading messages.
It seems like an obvious problem so if this has already been mentioned, ignore this post.
Yes, we are aware of the problem. It's a limitation with the game's graphic support; ground tiles are hardcoded to use punctuation characters, so either we have ground that looks like a wall of punctuation, or punctuation that looks like ground tiles.
I got used to the weird punctuation after a playing with graphic sets for a while, now I find it's only a minor annoyance.
I will fix the problem ASAP once that's possible.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 05:55:10 am by Phoebus »

The Grim Sleeper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 11, 2010, 08:20:12 am »

Well, until then, could you add a set that has punctuation tiles? I've grown used to punctuation on my cavern floors, and don't mind it anymore.
I've made one for personal use with the Guybrush font (that means it has hideous tiles) but I don't know how to put it here.

gramks2k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 13, 2010, 04:25:31 pm »

Already posted asking about whether or not a specific graphics pack style existed before I realized that I love everything about your graphics pack except for one specific thing and I was wondering if you could help me fix it...

I don't like the symbols on rocks denoting what they are. Example; all of the ferrous rocks have FE on them. I understand how this could be useful but I would rather the graphics represent what the rock looks like (same with gems, flux materials, etc).

Is there a version of your graphics pack that exists with normal looking rocks and gems?

P.S. Guess I'm asking for more hardcore rocks, gems, minerals (redundant?), and sand.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 04:28:07 pm by gramks2k »

existent

• Bay Watcher
  • I Watch Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 13, 2010, 04:28:37 pm »

Already posted asking about whether or not a specific graphics pack style existed before I realized that I love everything about your graphics pack except for one specific thing and I was wondering if you could help me fix it...

I don't like the symbols on rocks denoting what they are. Example; all of the ferrous rocks have FE on them. I understand how this could be useful but I would rather the graphics represent what the rock looks like (same with gems, flux materials, etc).

Is there a version of your graphics pack that exists with normal looking rocks and gems?
I think what you want is something closer to how Ironhand handles rocks. Have you seen his tileset? Maybe it's not what you want, but I think the stone looks like what you're asking for.
[DF 0.31.13]  ۝ War of the Ring Mod ۝  [WotR 0.13.3]

War of the Ring is back baby!
A mod based on Lord of the Rings, by JRR Tolkien.

gramks2k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 13, 2010, 04:39:15 pm »

I've looked at it and I like it quite a bit but I need something with a lower resolution.  I guess if there were rock tiles like his in the Phoebus pack that would be what I want.

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 13, 2010, 06:50:46 pm »

P.S. Guess I'm asking for more hardcore rocks, gems, minerals (redundant?), and sand.
Did you try using the 'Meld' version of the tileset that comes with all packages?
I doubt it's exactly what you want, but it's still a big step in the right direction. (I still need to change the Fuel, Gypsum, Flux, Special and Normal tiles.)

To use that alternate tileset, edit your data/init/init.txt file and change the four lines with "Phoebus_16x16.png" to "Phoebus_16x16_Meld.png"

gramks2k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 13, 2010, 07:56:21 pm »

I haven't tried that, had no idea that it existed. I am using the latest download of the complete pre-installed version that's linked from here. I'll try it out and see what happens!
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 140