Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What are your most common reasons for losing a fort?

Dwarven Selection
- 113 (6.3%)
Wildlife
- 58 (3.2%)
Ambushes
- 154 (8.6%)
Sieges
- 207 (11.5%)
Undeads
- 118 (6.6%)
Forgotten Beasts
- 110 (6.1%)
Megabeasts
- 42 (2.3%)
The Circus
- 84 (4.7%)
FUN Spiral
- 286 (15.9%)
Dwarven Engineering
- 131 (7.3%)
FPS Death
- 396 (22%)
Other? (please specify)
- 97 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 879

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 140

Author Topic: [0.34.11v01] Phoebus' Graphic Set (0.34.11's one year anniversary update)  (Read 979204 times)

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.24v00] Phoebus' Graphic Set (Updated & more chart changes)
« Reply #750 on: March 27, 2011, 07:14:39 pm »

Three first options for bamboo 'grass':

Which do you prefer, Left, Middle or Right?

Kamamura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: March 27, 2011, 07:19:33 pm »

Left
The entire content consists of senseless murder, a pile of faceless naked women and zero regard for human life in general, all in the service of the protagonist's base impulses. It is clearly a cry for help from a neglected, self absorbed and disempowered juvenile badly in need of affectionate guidance. What a sad, sad display.

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: March 27, 2011, 07:35:36 pm »

I don't see the difference between the first two, actually... but I like the dense growth.  The one on the right ends up running into the next too much and ends up looking like a bunch of pipes.
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

seanb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: March 27, 2011, 07:37:29 pm »

agreed, cant tell the difference between left and center. As for voting, i vote left or center, DO NOT like the right one.

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: March 27, 2011, 07:46:55 pm »

The difference between left and center is the background of the tile, center's background is darker.
If I am to use left or center, that tile will have to replace the tile used for zones, excellent quality, bars, floodgates and floor bars.

Shandra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: March 27, 2011, 08:10:59 pm »

P.P.S.:
 Ockad: Maybe none of us know DF Dwarves.... but from all basic Fantasy (Since late '70 times) RPGs I would support that later argument that our average dorf could smell "gold, gold, gold,..." in total darkness and with layers blocking all scientific means of "recognizable" :p
Smell... gold?
You picked the wrong metal for your example... ;)

Well, as the viking song in "Hägar the Horrible" was "drink, drink, drink...." the dwarfen song in Prattchets discworld was "gold, gold...", or am I messing something up in my memory? (do you remember the second strophe? (..drink, drink, .....) :p

Edit: btw. preference would be the tiles on the right. but just because if ever I see bamboos in our "botanischen garten" or on the photographs from Thailand from my relatives - they are impressive in singular and heigth, not the bush like things we get here in our gardens.... but then those formerly could well (and are used alike to) wood(trees) and not like grass/shrubs/plants (haven't met them for now in game, but if the bamboo grass is considered tree - it should be the right(right) tile!).....
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 08:20:49 pm by Shandra »

Korva

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: March 28, 2011, 03:21:15 am »

I'd vote for left, too, because the right one does look too much like pipes or axles.

stool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: March 28, 2011, 07:17:43 am »

The difference between left and center is the background of the tile, center's background is darker.
... that tile will have to replace the tile used for zones, excellent quality, bars, floodgates and floor bars.
edit:floodgates?  ??? you mean floor grates?^^
Took me a while to see the difference, it makes the bars more distinct (CENTER).
In a green/meadow background LEFT may seem smoother,

but overall i vote for -->CENTER<--
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 07:30:10 am by stool »

Ethicalfive

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: March 28, 2011, 08:03:54 am »

Sorry dude... version .25 has come rolling around. *pats you on the shoulders* Hopefully this'll be the last one for awhile..
Urist McMiner Unearths a strange pad. He trembles as he inspects it's time saving features. Knowing no 1 dwarf must posess this power, he quietly drops it into the nearest chasm and never speaks of it again.DwarfPad

Devstorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: March 28, 2011, 08:18:45 am »

Yeah, Toady has been a bugfixing machine lately. I just started an embark on .24. Poor Phoebus.

Btw, I like left, too, for the bamboo.

Kamamura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: March 28, 2011, 08:38:58 am »

I noticed the different background color and voted for the left, because it looks more like a few bamboo stems and a vegetation in the background. The middle one looks to much like a green grating, or something.
The entire content consists of senseless murder, a pile of faceless naked women and zero regard for human life in general, all in the service of the protagonist's base impulses. It is clearly a cry for help from a neglected, self absorbed and disempowered juvenile badly in need of affectionate guidance. What a sad, sad display.

Ockad

• Bay Watcher
  • Take a look at my fine wares!
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: March 28, 2011, 08:40:02 am »

P.P.S.:
 Ockad: Maybe none of us know DF Dwarves.... but from all basic Fantasy (Since late '70 times) RPGs I would support that later argument that our average dorf could smell "gold, gold, gold,..." in total darkness and with layers blocking all scientific means of "recognizable" :p
Smell... gold?
You picked the wrong metal for your example... ;)

Well, as the viking song in "Hägar the Horrible" was "drink, drink, drink...." the dwarfen song in Prattchets discworld was "gold, gold...", or am I messing something up in my memory? (do you remember the second strophe? (..drink, drink, .....) :p

Edit: btw. preference would be the tiles on the right. but just because if ever I see bamboos in our "botanischen garten" or on the photographs from Thailand from my relatives - they are impressive in singular and heigth, not the bush like things we get here in our gardens.... but then those formerly could well (and are used alike to) wood(trees) and not like grass/shrubs/plants (haven't met them for now in game, but if the bamboo grass is considered tree - it should be the right(right) tile!).....

Cool sto... So Shandra, lets prospect yer mines shall we?

VinWij

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: March 28, 2011, 08:44:56 am »

Even if Phoebus updates his version, I'm not upgrading when dfhack and dwarftherapist haven't followed yet. Playing the game without the latter is a big nono for me.

I take left for bamboo. I don't think the reduced contrast will be an issue for floor bars and stuff.

Jororked Forgefire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: March 28, 2011, 09:08:00 am »

Middle

Immacolata

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: March 28, 2011, 09:21:14 am »

I would pick LEFT.

I assume replacing the tile for bars, zones etc will switch them from three horizontal stripes to three vertical ones instead? But I guess, not the same color (unless you make something out of green stone, then it will look like bamboo grass ^_^

The rightmost image is very ... disrupting. Giant green pipes all over the place isnt that nice tbh.

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 140