Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What are your most common reasons for losing a fort?

Dwarven Selection
- 113 (6.3%)
Wildlife
- 58 (3.2%)
Ambushes
- 154 (8.6%)
Sieges
- 207 (11.5%)
Undeads
- 118 (6.6%)
Forgotten Beasts
- 110 (6.1%)
Megabeasts
- 42 (2.3%)
The Circus
- 84 (4.7%)
FUN Spiral
- 286 (15.9%)
Dwarven Engineering
- 131 (7.3%)
FPS Death
- 396 (22%)
Other? (please specify)
- 97 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 879

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 140

Author Topic: [0.34.11v01] Phoebus' Graphic Set (0.34.11's one year anniversary update)  (Read 979235 times)

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.21v04] Phoebus' Graphic Set (More tileset improvements)
« Reply #675 on: March 24, 2011, 08:51:05 pm »

Maybe Toady changed the RAW parser so that a space is now treated as 0x32 instead of a breaking token.
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: March 25, 2011, 01:59:19 am »

Sorry guys, I lost one of my hard drives yesterday so I'm having a bit of technical difficulties at the moment.
It was only the drive with my OS, so I'll still be able to update eventually, but still, bad timing Toady, BAD TIMING!

Edit.: I just saw Ockad requested an update. So I guess I have to man up now and do the update with a magnet and two wires.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 02:39:49 am by Phoebus »

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*Updated* 0.31.22v00
Updated! Updated! Updated!

smariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.22v00] Phoebus' Graphic Set (Magnets! How do they work?)
« Reply #678 on: March 25, 2011, 02:49:43 am »

You made the giant cave spiders radioactive. Good job.
Likes schrödinbugs for their reality destroying implications.

Kamamura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: March 25, 2011, 03:54:22 am »

I would like to express heaps of humble thanks from the patient and grateful crowd that silently waits for each new release of this wonderful tileset that not only makes playing DF for us noobz more enjoyable and less confusing, but also cures ulcers, dermatitis and cancer, and gives the humanity hope for salvation. Thank you!
The entire content consists of senseless murder, a pile of faceless naked women and zero regard for human life in general, all in the service of the protagonist's base impulses. It is clearly a cry for help from a neglected, self absorbed and disempowered juvenile badly in need of affectionate guidance. What a sad, sad display.

Ethicalfive

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: March 25, 2011, 04:05:01 am »

Edit.: I just saw Ockad requested an update. So I guess I have to man up now and do the update with a magnet and two wires.

You really go above and beyond for the community Phoebus. Those are some mad mcgyver skills to update and release your next mod with only a HDD, 2 wires and a magnet.. Are you sure no duct tape was involved? ???
Urist McMiner Unearths a strange pad. He trembles as he inspects it's time saving features. Knowing no 1 dwarf must posess this power, he quietly drops it into the nearest chasm and never speaks of it again.DwarfPad

Ockad

• Bay Watcher
  • Take a look at my fine wares!
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: March 25, 2011, 07:19:56 am »

Phoebus, I thank you once again for your quick response. Seeing the new update delights my whole body with a tingly sensation.
Also, good luck with your hard drive. Maybe some handy advice; Use Oracle's VirtualBox, so you can easily backup a whole system.

Malibu Stacey

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: March 25, 2011, 08:13:38 am »

Also, good luck with your hard drive. Maybe some handy advice; Use Oracle's VirtualBox, so you can easily backup a whole system.

Remind me again how virtualization protects against hard drive failure? I seem to have missed that meeting.
I bursted out laughing so hard at this that my dog woke up, came in the room, and looked at me like I'm an idiot.

Then proceeded to brag about how he has 27 kills on his kill list and is super-doggenly tough. 

Ockad

• Bay Watcher
  • Take a look at my fine wares!
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: March 25, 2011, 08:20:01 am »

Because 1+1 is 14 and 8-1 is 2. Problem solved.

EvilJawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: March 25, 2011, 08:28:27 am »

Thank you.

Nameless Archon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*Updated* 0.31.22v00
Updated! Updated! Updated!
Awesome. Thanks to your speedy updates (and those of the Therapist), Painmerchant will rise again, even more glorious than the last time!

Aydjile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: March 25, 2011, 11:03:20 am »

Phoebus, dear! You are the reason, why i went eagerly to sleep, yesterday. So i could wake up and check for update on your tileset.
And there it was!
Much love, bro, much love.
Reality exists is only in our imagination.

Мой канал о жизни крепостей из Дварф Фортресс - https://www.youtube.com/user/Aydjile

smariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: March 25, 2011, 01:45:02 pm »

Remind me again how virtualization protects against hard drive failure? I seem to have missed that meeting.

I concur. VirtualBox is awesome, but a backup solution it is not.
Likes schrödinbugs for their reality destroying implications.

Alu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: March 25, 2011, 03:15:17 pm »

Thanks Phoebus!!!!!
"He admired a wonderful Trap lately"

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: March 25, 2011, 06:18:32 pm »

Thank you again for the updates, Phoebus! :D

Sorry guys, I lost one of my hard drives yesterday so I'm having a bit of technical difficulties at the moment.
It was only the drive with my OS, so I'll still be able to update eventually, but still, bad timing Toady, BAD TIMING!

Ouch.  Failures like that are why most of my friends/coworkers do their best to make sure the multiple drives in their computers are not all from the same manufacturing run (i.e., different months, or even brands).  It makes multiple failures at the same time much less likely.  It also isn't a replacement for backups, but at least it keeps failures to a "oh, one failed" instead of "oh, carp, all three failed at once?!"  (Which I've seen when they were all manufactured at the same time by the same company.)
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 140