Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What are your most common reasons for losing a fort?

Dwarven Selection
- 113 (6.3%)
Wildlife
- 58 (3.2%)
Ambushes
- 154 (8.6%)
Sieges
- 207 (11.5%)
Undeads
- 118 (6.6%)
Forgotten Beasts
- 110 (6.1%)
Megabeasts
- 42 (2.3%)
The Circus
- 84 (4.7%)
FUN Spiral
- 286 (15.9%)
Dwarven Engineering
- 131 (7.3%)
FPS Death
- 396 (22%)
Other? (please specify)
- 97 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 879

Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 140

Author Topic: [0.34.11v01] Phoebus' Graphic Set (0.34.11's one year anniversary update)  (Read 978223 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.11v00] Phoebus' Graphic Set (Updated to DF 0.34.11)
« Reply #2040 on: March 25, 2013, 11:31:27 am »

I've created around 8 different version of the mod, so many flavors of awesome and FUN!
I've made a simplistic 'Seedless' version that has special versions of the 6 underground plants that function like the original plants without generating seeds when eaten, brewed, or processed (exception rock nuts.) They do not replace the original plants and are generated from 6 plant specific farms.
How did you go about modifying the seeds from the plants? I'd like a particular plant to produce a few seeds apiece, since its only use will be to produce seeds for oil, which will then be turned into fuel.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: March 25, 2013, 01:07:50 pm »

I've created around 8 different version of the mod, so many flavors of awesome and FUN!
I've made a simplistic 'Seedless' version that has special versions of the 6 underground plants that function like the original plants without generating seeds when eaten, brewed, or processed (exception rock nuts.) They do not replace the original plants and are generated from 6 plant specific farms.
How did you go about modifying the seeds from the plants? I'd like a particular plant to produce a few seeds apiece, since its only use will be to produce seeds for oil, which will then be turned into fuel.
I did not modify the original plants at all.
I created new plants that are processed into the products of the original plants; Except for Quarry Bush/Rock Nuts, the new plants have no seeds, so no seeds is produced when brewed/processed.

For your problem, create a custom reaction to process the plant, and make that reaction destroy the plant and create many seeds in it's place.

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:SEED_?_PLANT_?]
[NAME:Collect ?_PLANT_? seeds]
[BUILDING:SCREW_PRESS:CUSTOM_S]
[REAGENT:plant:1:PLANT:NONE:PLANT_MAT:?_PLANT_?:STRUCTURAL][UNROTTEN]
[PRODUCT:100:?_NUMBER_OF_SEEDS_PER_PLANT_?:SEEDS:NONE:PLANT_MAT:?_PLANT_?:SEED]
[SKILL:PROCESSPLANTS]
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 01:18:27 pm by Phoebus »

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: March 25, 2013, 07:28:03 pm »

Sweet, thanks!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: April 01, 2013, 01:00:18 am »

If I wait until it's perfect, I'll never release it...
Seedless Plus 34.11v00 @ MediaFire

A bucket and a wheelbarrow required to build each and every farm.
There's a generic farms for the 6 underground plants. (Ex.: Plump Helmet Farm, Quarry Bush Farm, etc.)
There's a specialized farm for each plant use. (Ex.: Brewable Plump Helmet Farm, Millable Cave Wheat Farm, Fibrous Pig Tail Farm, etc.)
All plants can be processed normally, but only Quarry Bush will drops seeds when processed; The other 5 plants are seedless and all plants can be generated without seeds.
25% chance to successfully harvest a single plant.
5% chance to successfully harvest a stack of 5 plants.

Note:
Sometimes farm workers will sweat while working (extra XP, yay!), the sweat will quickly evaporate in teal colored clouds.
If temperature is disabled, puddles of sweat will accumulate in the workshop.

Requires a new world gen.
If you don't already know how to mod DF, don't use this.

Mongooz

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: April 01, 2013, 03:47:17 pm »

Hi there!

I'm new to the game and want to make it more readable (I actually love CLA graphic set). After some searching I found your graphic set, which seems to be wonderful!

But there's one information I did not find about it : Did you create new graphics for everything in the game ?

Thanks a lot for your answer :)

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: April 01, 2013, 09:03:10 pm »

Hi there!

I'm new to the game and want to make it more readable (I actually love CLA graphic set). After some searching I found your graphic set, which seems to be wonderful!

But there's one information I did not find about it : Did you create new graphics for everything in the game ?

Thanks a lot for your answer :)
First, most of the graphics in the set have been created by other contributors.
Second, not all graphics in the game can be modded, and most are pretty limited in how they can be modded, so, no, you will still need to "Cypher-vision" a large part of the game.

Good luck with DF, and may the FUN be with you.

Mongooz

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: April 01, 2013, 09:11:57 pm »

Thank you for your answer  :P

Then I think I will try "your" (really really really) beautiful set, and also keep the CLA one.

I can't wait to set mighty traps against those filthy goblins.  :D

daD

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: April 21, 2013, 07:16:30 am »

Is there any info on internal TilesetAssembler config file structure?
I mean those files:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm trying to build myself a minimalistic tileset based on "smooth" ground look with ASCI walls, Smooth floors mod and Flat ground, i just really LOVE how they stich together. But the stones and some other tiles stand out, so i want to change that. 
Well, if you can provide general info about what each icon means based on ROW:COLUMN, that would be insanely awesome :)
Sorry if those or similar questions were answered, im only diving in in the world of DF.

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: April 21, 2013, 07:58:59 pm »

Is there any info on internal TilesetAssembler config file structure?
I mean those files:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm trying to build myself a minimalistic tileset based on "smooth" ground look with ASCI walls, Smooth floors mod and Flat ground, i just really LOVE how they stich together. But the stones and some other tiles stand out, so i want to change that. 
Well, if you can provide general info about what each icon means based on ROW:COLUMN, that would be insanely awesome :)
Sorry if those or similar questions were answered, im only diving in in the world of DF.
[Tile:ClearOption:X:Y:W:H:To:X2:Y2]

:X:Y is the horizontal and vertical position of the tile, or the top left tile in a group
:X:H is the width and height. Is optional and will defaults to 1:1 if omitted (one tile)
:To:X2:Y2 set where the tile(s) will be placed in the final tileset. Is optional and will defaults to the same as :X:Y if omitted.

:ClearOptions
Overlay - Just prints your tile on top of whatever is already in the tileset.
Clear - Clears the target tile(s) to black, then overlay.
Filter - Clears the target tile(s) based on filename.Filter.png data, then overlay. (black pixel = clear, white pixel = preserve)
Ground - Resets the target tile(s) to the ground layer, then overlay

[DIM:C:R:W:H]
:C:R = number of tiles (columns and rows)
:W:H = size of the tiles (needs to be 16:16)

Ground and GroundMod tilesets will be applied to the ground layer (which you can reset to if you replace a tile but want to reuse the standard background.)
Ground is applied first, then GroundMods, then Base, then the other mods.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 08:32:12 pm by Phoebus »

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: April 26, 2013, 05:17:46 pm »

I'm in the process of moving and I'll lose my high speed connection for roughly 2 months.
Until then, if there's a Dwarf Fortress update, I'll hardly be able to update the graphic set to the newest version.

Bluebreaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2050 on: April 26, 2013, 11:17:34 pm »

:(

Raul

• Bay Watcher
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: April 27, 2013, 05:52:47 am »

I'm in the process of moving and I'll lose my high speed connection for roughly 2 months.
Until then, if there's a Dwarf Fortress update, I'll hardly be able to update the graphic set to the newest version.
It's fine, I highly doubt there'll be a DF update in the next several months :P
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 12:26:50 pm by Raul »

jez9999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: May 04, 2013, 06:59:27 am »

I've been using the Ironhand graphics set to develop a few fortresses, and I thought I'd try looking at them in Phoebus.  I quite like it, but there are a couple of things I think really need to change before I can use it:

- (minor) the semicolon glyph is still a semicolon.  The only place it's actually used as a semicolon is the hotkey menu on the right when it's not being rendered in Truetype (does anyone play with Truetype off?  If so, you you care about this one glyph in the hotkey menu looking wrong?); the rest of the time, it should look like a table with tools on.  Much nicer.
- (major) the sand floors look almost identical to the sand walls, to the point where a cavern dug out of sand looks like one big chunk of wall.  This distinction needs to be made much clearer.  In Ironhand, the walls are significantly lighter than the floor.

Shame about these glitches because if they weren't there I might switch to Phoebus.   :)

crossmr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Jeonsa
« Reply #2053 on: May 14, 2013, 09:05:25 am »

so.. a year later and several version.. and still the disappearing text is an issue. No one ever found a good solution?

CLA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: May 14, 2013, 10:33:11 am »

so.. a year later and several version.. and still the disappearing text is an issue. No one ever found a good solution?
You're talking about a TTF bug.

That has nothing to with Phoebus' graphic set.
You can redraw the screen with F10, or switch to the tileset font with F12 (which leads to some letters being pictograms with graphical tilesets like this one).

Here's the bug for reference:
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=5097
CLA - an ASCII-like Graphic Pack with simplified letter-like creature graphics. The simple and clean looks of ASCII with distinct creature graphics - best of both worlds!

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=105376.0
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 140