Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What are your most common reasons for losing a fort?

Dwarven Selection
- 113 (6.3%)
Wildlife
- 58 (3.2%)
Ambushes
- 154 (8.6%)
Sieges
- 207 (11.5%)
Undeads
- 118 (6.6%)
Forgotten Beasts
- 110 (6.1%)
Megabeasts
- 42 (2.3%)
The Circus
- 84 (4.7%)
FUN Spiral
- 286 (15.9%)
Dwarven Engineering
- 131 (7.3%)
FPS Death
- 396 (22%)
Other? (please specify)
- 97 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 879

Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 140

Author Topic: [0.34.11v01] Phoebus' Graphic Set (0.34.11's one year anniversary update)  (Read 978723 times)

Justiceface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.04v00] Phoebus' Graphic Set (Updated to DF 0.34.04)
« Reply #1650 on: March 02, 2012, 06:37:09 pm »

I had no problem with Phoebus' tileset in 34.02.  I'm trying to run 34.04 and I get coloured outlines of dwarves with little or no detail inside, and the miner dwarves from the example folder, even after I delete said folder.  I've copied the contents of data/art and raw/graphics from my 34.02 version and from the new 34.04 Windows version with no success.  I updated my init file to the Phoebus_16x16.png files in all locations.  I've gotten used to Phoebus' graphics and don't really want to go back to ASCII right now.  Is it my head full of sinus goo that's making me stupid, here, or is there something wrong?  Any other Linux users having this problem?  :'(
If you have okay wrestling, you can stab someone in the lower body, making their guts pop out. If you then wrestle and pinch the guts, you can sever them. By then, the guy's probably unconscious. If he's not, strangle him until he is and cave in his skull with the guts.

No, really.

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.04v00] Phoebus' Graphic Set (Updated to DF 0.34.04)
« Reply #1651 on: March 02, 2012, 07:29:06 pm »

I had no problem with Phoebus' tileset in 34.02.  I'm trying to run 34.04 and I get coloured outlines of dwarves with little or no detail inside, and the miner dwarves from the example folder, even after I delete said folder.  I've copied the contents of data/art and raw/graphics from my 34.02 version and from the new 34.04 Windows version with no success.  I updated my init file to the Phoebus_16x16.png files in all locations.  I've gotten used to Phoebus' graphics and don't really want to go back to ASCII right now.  Is it my head full of sinus goo that's making me stupid, here, or is there something wrong?  Any other Linux users having this problem?  :'(
Each savegame stores it's own set of raws & unit graphics.
Windows users need to use "df_savegame_updater.bat" to copy the updated raws & graphics to all of their savegames.
There's a "df_savegame_updater.sh" for Linux, but I didn't make it. If it's not working, delete your savegame's raws (/data/save/regionX/raw/*) and copy your base DF raws in there.

crossmr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Jeonsa
Re: [0.34.02v03] Phoebus' Graphic Set (Updated to DF 0.34.03)
« Reply #1652 on: March 02, 2012, 11:19:37 pm »

The only thing which is broken are the missing letters. And it´s not even clear if it´s the fault of Phoebus. I´m playing the whole day without any problems otherwise. And when letters start missing I just wiggle the mousewheel a bit. Just a minor nuisance, nothing which should keep you from migrating to 34.04. After all, it´s just a tileset and savegames from 34.02 are compatible. So far I was too lazy to check if the missing letters appear with other gfx packs like Mayday´s or even in the Ascii version.

I just checked Mayday and there are no missing letters there that I can tell.
and running through world gen on ironhand, I also don't see any missing letters yet either.

[edit]
embarked into ironhold, no letters missing at all. This seems to be a phoebus issue.
It's an intermittent problem. You can't confirm that it won't happen.
So far I've been unable to reliably reproduce the bug, so I have no idea what is the source.
The only two things I've done with the TT font is:
1. Change the font from "DejaVu Sans" to "Consolas".
2. Change the minimum tile size required for TT from 24 to 10. (If the tile size is 10 or larger, TT is on, if it's 9 or smaller, TT is off. Phoebus is 16x16 so it's on by default unless you zoom out enough.)

When I'm running your pack it happens 100% of the time just about everywhere except for the menu interfaces on the right.

I didn't see a single letter out of place on either of the other two.

I also changed the font, and that didn't make any difference. Truetype is already set to 10 in my init.txt

The only thing I've done is carry my 34.02 fort forward and I ran the savegame updater (and maybe init updater) when I did.

Now, I just copied my region1 from your graphics set to ironhold directory and ran it, it's also missing text. It's something in my fort that is messing it up. Maybe something to do with carrying the 34.02 forts forward? I was told it was compatible..maybe it really isn't.

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[0.34.04v01] Phoebus' Graphic Set (Zombies and text tweaks)
« Reply #1653 on: March 03, 2012, 02:42:24 am »

*Updated* 0.34.04v01
Undeads are now drawn using their base creature zombie tile, when available.
Changed the TrueType setting from "10" to "YES".
Redid the language files, again.

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.04v01] Phoebus' Graphic Set (Zombies and text tweaks)
« Reply #1654 on: March 03, 2012, 02:45:14 am »

The text changes are a shot in the dark trying to fix the missing text bug.

The zombie change is a no brainer. (Thanks Jiri Petru)

Musaab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: March 03, 2012, 01:26:13 pm »

The disappearing text is pretty annoying.

Jiri Petru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: March 03, 2012, 02:25:58 pm »

Hey, Phoebus, a couple of posts back I've posted some more graphics: human medics and human priests. They're in separate posts. I'm just making sure that you haven't missed them.

Kohaku also added more animals.
Yours,
Markus Cz. Clasplashes

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: March 03, 2012, 04:13:57 pm »

Hey, Phoebus, a couple of posts back I've posted some more graphics: human medics and human priests. They're in separate posts. I'm just making sure that you haven't missed them.

Kohaku also added more animals.
I didn't miss or forget those new tiles, I've just been too busy and, when I work on DF, annoyed by the vanishing text sheninigans to work on adding the tiles to the packs.
Thanks for the reminder.

Musaab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: March 03, 2012, 04:45:12 pm »

What changed that made the text disappear like that?

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: March 03, 2012, 06:06:41 pm »

Are you still getting vanishing text?

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[0.34.04v02] Phoebus' Graphic Set (Humans, Birds and Bugs)
« Reply #1660 on: March 03, 2012, 06:29:39 pm »

*Updated* 0.34.04v02
Added Jiri Petru's human doctor and priest tiles.
Added NW_Kohaku's bird and bug tiles.

Musaab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: March 03, 2012, 07:04:42 pm »

Are you still getting vanishing text?

Sometimes in the military lists and unit lists...yes.

EDIT: The problem continues...
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 07:14:12 pm by Musaab »

crossmr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Jeonsa
Re: [0.34.04v02] Phoebus' Graphic Set (Humans, Birds and Bugs)
« Reply #1662 on: March 03, 2012, 08:11:48 pm »

Just a quick question here:
For those getting the vanishing text did you:
1. Carry forward a 34.02 (or older) fort?
2. run the savegame updater?
3. run the init updater?

for me:
1. yes
2. yes
3. I think so

at least one other person mentioned carrying forward a fort and I wonder if it has something to do with that.

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: March 03, 2012, 08:26:21 pm »

3. run the init updater?

for me:
1. yes
2. yes
3. I think so

at least one other person mentioned carrying forward a fort and I wonder if it has something to do with that.
I happens with new forts too. (I've not noticed the bug in my new 0.34.04v01 fort yet. But I haven't had time to play a lot.)

The internal data of the game is not corrupted as the missing text is restored after resetting the TTF engine (by zooming in and out).
And the bug only happens over time, or if saved forts load enough stuff to trigger the bug quickly.
The bug started after the release DF 34.03, and that version had many changes to the TTF code.
So it seems to be a race condition in DF's TTF code that corrupts cached text, or something of that sort.
Hopefully the next version of DF will have that bug fixed.

crossmr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Jeonsa
« Reply #1664 on: March 03, 2012, 08:41:55 pm »

3. run the init updater?

for me:
1. yes
2. yes
3. I think so

I happens with new forts too. (I've not noticed the bug in my new 0.34.04v01 fort yet. But I haven't had time to play a lot.)

The internal data of the game is not corrupted as the missing text is restored after resetting the TTF engine (by zooming in and out).
And the bug only happens over time, or if saved forts load enough stuff to trigger the bug quickly.
The bug started after the release DF 34.03, and that version had many changes to the TTF code.
So it seems to be a race condition in DF's TTF code that corrupts cached text, or something of that sort.
Hopefully the next version of DF will have that bug fixed.
oh. in my fort basically if I zoom once, the next screen I go to, broken text. what are they loading that is triggering the bug?

Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 140