Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What are your most common reasons for losing a fort?

Dwarven Selection
- 113 (6.3%)
Wildlife
- 58 (3.2%)
Ambushes
- 154 (8.6%)
Sieges
- 207 (11.5%)
Undeads
- 118 (6.6%)
Forgotten Beasts
- 110 (6.1%)
Megabeasts
- 42 (2.3%)
The Circus
- 84 (4.7%)
FUN Spiral
- 286 (15.9%)
Dwarven Engineering
- 131 (7.3%)
FPS Death
- 396 (22%)
Other? (please specify)
- 97 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 879

Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 140

Author Topic: [0.34.11v01] Phoebus' Graphic Set (0.34.11's one year anniversary update)  (Read 978863 times)

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.25v23] Phoebus' Graphic Set (Improved bamboo & space)
« Reply #1410 on: December 26, 2011, 07:20:31 pm »

The font selection was to have things be very easy to read.  I like it particularly well because even when you zoom out (make things smaller) the letters are still quite legible, unlike the default curses font which is hard to read even at its default/intended scaling.

I took a quick look through the tileset repository on the wiki, and other than Gold Plated (iirc) there really aren't any on there that are "fantasy" looking fonts that are also easily readable. :(
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Shandra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: December 28, 2011, 09:56:53 am »

Quote from: Phoebus
I've updated the TilesetAssembler:
In 'Customization' and 'Ground Mods', when checking a mod, conflicting/similar mods will be automatically unselected. (It triggers based on the first word of the name of the mod.)

:up: Thanks, thats more Shandra-... aeh... Fool-Proof ;)

As I missed the Christmas greetings - A happy Yuletide, Hochneujahr, Midwinternight, new year or whatever ya dwarfes will be celebrating and boozing 'bout in the days to come ;)

gramks2k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: December 30, 2011, 02:58:58 pm »

Quick question about bridges; when a bridge is retracted are the end pieces (currently displayed as a throne in different orientations) hard coded to display as those specific tiles or can they be set? If they can be changed I was thinking that they might look good as the rough gem tile, or rework the gears to be a single gear and display as that. Much more mechanical looking.

Thoughts?

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: January 01, 2012, 05:11:56 pm »

Quick question about bridges; when a bridge is retracted are the end pieces (currently displayed as a throne in different orientations) hard coded to display as those specific tiles or can they be set? If they can be changed I was thinking that they might look good as the rough gem tile, or rework the gears to be a single gear and display as that. Much more mechanical looking.

Thoughts?
I'm pretty sure the bridge tiles are hard coded, just like wooden doors are.  Hopefully Toady will change all the hard coded tiles to raw-specified before too much longer.

Also, picking at nits ... retracted bridges are not visible, while raised bridges display the throne tiles. ;)
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"

swampwater

• Bay Watcher
  • needs alcohol to get through the working day
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: January 11, 2012, 03:01:01 am »

I've been mucking around trying to make some graphics for my personal mod and it struck me, as much as I love Phoebus' tileset, I've never really been happy with any of the font choices (no offense)... so I dove in despite a total lack of pixel-art skills and came up with this- I was going for something resembling my own handwriting and after a few tweaks have got it looking fairly presentable in-game.. I know it's not for everyone but if you've ever wanted an alternative to the bigger, blockier fonts included in the tileset assembler, it might be worth a shot! :P

To use, it's really simple, just download the .png and rename it to Font_Swamp.png and add it into the TilesetAssemblerData.zip file included in your data/config folder- run the tileset assembler and voila!
I have just played a few rounds of adventurer and tweaked little things as I went, and I'm really open to suggestions/requests for changes or altogether new fonts- I've tried a couple more in runic/script type fonts but they are too hard to read for my tastes. Many thanks to Phoebus for the assembler and all his amazing artwork, and all you guys in the modding forum who have answered my dumb questions calmly and politely the last few months!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 04:09:09 am by swampwater »

swampwater

• Bay Watcher
  • needs alcohol to get through the working day
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: January 11, 2012, 04:16:25 pm »

Just in case anyone is interested, here is my experiment using a freeware script-style font called Black Adder- install it using the same directions as above, naming it Font_blackadder.png or something to that effect.

edit: removed my version as Phoebus has done it up all professional-like in a much more usable form! I guess I will stick with being an idea man. :P
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 05:35:17 pm by swampwater »

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: January 11, 2012, 10:34:15 pm »

There's no need to add the files to TilesetAssemblerData.zip
Simply placing the files in the "data/config/tilesetassembler/" folder (create it if it's not there) will do the same.
The files still need to have the "Font_" prefix.

Edit:
Reforged the Blackadder font. I've improved lower case characters, numbers and fixed the alignment of several characters.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 12:25:08 am by Phoebus »

feralferret

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: January 12, 2012, 01:24:39 am »

I have a (possibly stupid) question for anyone more familiar with this mod.

I'm having trouble figuring out a certain map symbol.  I'm seeing various gray and green square arches across the world and region maps during creation.. are those goblin settlements? Finding just the right spot to embark is tricky and I want to make sure I don't get obliterated right off the bat.. still pretty new to this.

I've done some extensive searching and have gone through the art files without success so any help is appreciated. Thanks for this great mod!

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: January 12, 2012, 04:04:11 am »

I have a (possibly stupid) question for anyone more familiar with this mod.

I'm having trouble figuring out a certain map symbol.  I'm seeing various gray and green square arches across the world and region maps during creation.. are those goblin settlements? Finding just the right spot to embark is tricky and I want to make sure I don't get obliterated right off the bat.. still pretty new to this.

I've done some extensive searching and have gone through the art files without success so any help is appreciated. Thanks for this great mod!
Golden Goblet = Elf Settlements
Wells = Human Fortress
Cabinets = Dark (Goblin) Towers
Dwarven Statues = Dwarven Settlements
Red Chandeliers = Volcano
Weapon Racks = Savanah
Chest = Human Towns (one of many tiles for them)
Crown = Ruins

synergy453

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Uninstall tileset
« Reply #1419 on: January 20, 2012, 03:42:04 pm »

First: thank you phoebus for the great tileset!

Now my question :
Is there any way to Uninstall the tileset from a savegame? I Googles and searched the forums but haven't found anything

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Uninstall tileset
« Reply #1420 on: January 21, 2012, 09:36:50 am »

Now my question :
Is there any way to Uninstall the tileset from a savegame? I Googles and searched the forums but haven't found anything

Yes - you can do it through the Lazy Newb Pack, which will do a raw swap (so any mods will be gone), or you can go through the raws by hand and edit them to match what the new tileset expects.  Option #2 takes a while.  I wholeheartedly recommend just swapping the raws, then re-installing any mods you have.
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Uninstall tileset
« Reply #1421 on: January 22, 2012, 10:17:06 am »

Now my question :
In DwarfFortressConfig.exe, "Savegame Manager" tab.
Select "Unit Graphics: None" and "Tileset Raws: Vanilla", then install both on the individual savegame.
The inits are global (not savegame specific), so you'll have to edit them every time you run a savegame with different graphics.

Domitian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: January 23, 2012, 11:39:00 pm »

Hiya guys. I'm travelling for work and tried loading this on my laptop. When i download and attempt to open the Zip i get an error that windows cannot open the folder and the file is invalid. I've downloaded it 3 times now with the same results. Anyone have any suggestions?

I really want my DF fix while i'm on the road! =)

ActnMoviHeroBoy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: January 30, 2012, 03:58:10 pm »

Is there somewhere I can download this that isn't prepackaged? I want to replace my mayday, but I'm using the Mac version and there seems to be zero support for it, so I need to do it myself.
The landscape routinely being soaked in flammable fluids somehow seems less than benevolent.
GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: January 30, 2012, 10:43:39 pm »

You could take the raws and other config files and copy them into (over) a vanilla Mac version of DF.  I've done with with the linux version to get the specific changes I made on the Windows side of my dual boot system transfered to linux where I normally spend my time now.
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 140