Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What are your most common reasons for losing a fort?

Dwarven Selection
- 113 (6.3%)
Wildlife
- 58 (3.2%)
Ambushes
- 154 (8.6%)
Sieges
- 207 (11.5%)
Undeads
- 118 (6.6%)
Forgotten Beasts
- 110 (6.1%)
Megabeasts
- 42 (2.3%)
The Circus
- 84 (4.7%)
FUN Spiral
- 286 (15.9%)
Dwarven Engineering
- 131 (7.3%)
FPS Death
- 396 (22%)
Other? (please specify)
- 97 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 879

Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 140

Author Topic: [0.34.11v01] Phoebus' Graphic Set (0.34.11's one year anniversary update)  (Read 978895 times)

DrKillPatient

• Bay Watcher
  • The yak falls infinitely
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.25v23] Phoebus' Graphic Set (Improved bamboo & space)
« Reply #1365 on: August 16, 2011, 04:06:40 pm »

Any way to get the assembler to run on Linux? .net 3.5 and 4 don't work at all in Wine.
"Frankly, if you're hanging out with people who tell you to use v.begin() instead of &v[0], you need to rethink your social circle."
    Scott Meyers, Effective STL

I've written bash scripts to make using DF easier under Linux!

Dragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: August 18, 2011, 05:34:02 pm »

for some reason i have no sound? Any idea why; all the sound files are in the sound folder. For clarification by sound i mean music....but beyond that all the default sound files from a vanilla DF are present.

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: August 18, 2011, 08:19:46 pm »

Any way to get the assembler to run on Linux? .net 3.5 and 4 don't work at all in Wine.
I kind of gave up trying to make the assembler work with Mono. (Ridiculous that library is.)
So no running the Tileset Assembler for now.
You'll have to run in on Windows, and copy the generated tileset over, or ask someone to do it for you.

for some reason i have no sound? Any idea why; all the sound files are in the sound folder. For clarification by sound i mean music....but beyond that all the default sound files from a vanilla DF are present.
The graphic pack default config has music disabled by default.
Open "/{DwarfFortressDirectory}/data/init/init.txt"
And change [SOUND:NO] to [SOUND:YES], that'll fix it.

Dragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: August 18, 2011, 09:10:58 pm »

Thank you.

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: August 18, 2011, 11:18:12 pm »

I kind of gave up trying to make the assembler work with Mono. (Ridiculous that library is.)
You'll have to run in on Windows, and copy the generated tileset over, or ask someone to do it for you.

Strange tilesetassembler runs fine (other than the buttons being oversized) in wine on Fedora 14 after installing the windows version of mono in wine.
Doing the same thing in Ubuntu 11.04 does not work.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

Rhazak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: August 19, 2011, 12:44:16 pm »

Would it be possible to give supports/pillars a graphic instead of being big I's?

Oh and also coffins.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 12:58:33 pm by Rhazak »

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: August 19, 2011, 07:06:23 pm »

Thank you.
You are welcome. :)

Strange tilesetassembler runs fine (other than the buttons being oversized) in wine on Fedora 14 after installing the windows version of mono in wine.
Doing the same thing in Ubuntu 11.04 does not work.
There's two significant differences between the old standalone tileset assembler and the config utility.
1. The config utility now uses an external zip library called "ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.dll", to be able to open and process the zip containers.
2. The savegame manager, which manipulates many files; And the tab system to switch between it and the TA.

Up to now I didn't even know the TA ever successfully ran on Linux. So I couldn't say what is the problem.

Would it be possible to give supports/pillars a graphic instead of being big I's?

Oh and also coffins.
I'm not too keen on modifying the letter tiles unless their used for something major. (Like 'X'.)
Coffins are hardcoded to '0' (zero), and that character is used everywhere you see numbers.
And I've never used supports much, and don't have tiles for them (actually, I never looked for any.)

So I'm not going to change the tileset to have those anytime soon.
But, of course, they can be added in with the tileset assembler.
The coffin/'0' tile is [0:3]. Ex.: [Tile:Ground:0:0:To:0:3]
The pillar/'I' tile is [9:4]. Ex.: [Tile:Ground:0:0:To:9:4]
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 07:14:36 pm by Phoebus »

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: September 16, 2011, 05:45:42 pm »

Two things:

- Black sand floor and wall are very hard to tell from each other.
- In the fortress status screen (z), all military dwarf icons look like stoneworkers.

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: September 17, 2011, 02:37:00 am »

Two things:

- Black sand floor and wall are very hard to tell from each other.
- In the fortress status screen (z), all military dwarf icons look like stoneworkers.
The military dwarf icon bug is from Dwarf Fortress itself, your military dwarves will look like they should in-game.

And about the sand black sand floors and walls.

They are using distinct patterns, while not obvious at first glance, you should be able to easily identify them after a while.
Your reaction is normal as the rest of the tileset respects a brightness guideline where floors are darker and walls are brighter. A big problem with the sand floor tile is that it's used for many other things including water, snow, blood, etc. Darkening the water/sand tile for the sake of respecting the brightness guideline results in very dark snow.
There's an option, if you use the tileset assembler, to darken (or brighten) the water/sand tiles. This should allow you if you really want it, to more easily differentiate between black sand walls and floors.

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: September 19, 2011, 07:47:51 am »

There's an option, if you use the tileset assembler, to darken (or brighten) the water/sand tiles. This should allow you if you really want it, to more easily differentiate between black sand walls and floors.

Yes, I found and used it. It helped quite a bit. :)

Soldiers look fine in-game indeed, but does the game still call for the gold-clad champion sprite when a dorf reaches legendary level in his weapon skill, or do the remain lords? I know this isn't up to the mod, but I haven't played in a while and just wanted to know. I always found that final generization of soldiers rather boring.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: September 27, 2011, 02:16:54 am »

Phoebus, I finally got my system running dual-boot (64 bit Gentoo system) and was wondering what flavor of linux your packaged version was built for (32 or 64 bit) and which distro you tested it in?  I've run into a few problems, however, I believe they are due to not yet installed dependencies and was just looking for a better idea of what to expect.  Thank you!

Now if only I had more time in which I could play ...

[edit] Well, I got libSDL installed, but DF doesn't like the 64bit ELF binary apparently.  So, I need to figure out how to get the 32 bit version installed (which I know can be done, even if I don't know how at the moment), or find a version of DF compiled for 64 bit linux.  Linux sure can be !!FUN!! sometimes.  :o :D
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 02:24:29 am by krenshala »
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: September 29, 2011, 07:54:27 am »

I cannot help you with that as I never ran DF on Linux.
wurli is taking care of the linux version; You should try contacting him for help with the linux version of DF.
My mod isn't platform dependent. I think that if you can get a vanilla version of DF to work on Linux, that should be good enough. You'd then only need to patch it with my graphic pack.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: September 29, 2011, 05:39:35 pm »

I cannot help you with that as I never ran DF on Linux.
wurli is taking care of the linux version; You should try contacting him for help with the linux version of DF.
My mod isn't platform dependent. I think that if you can get a vanilla version of DF to work on Linux, that should be good enough. You'd then only need to patch it with my graphic pack.
I figured that was the case, but wanted to check in case you had used the linux version and hadn't just updated the raws/configs. :D

I'll check out that thread.  Thank you.  I had tried to find it, but failed in my earlier search.

[edit] well, I did some digging, and I only needed to install app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-sdl so the 32bit library files for SDL were installed.  DF_Phoebus_31_25v23_linux is now running on my system with no apparent problems. :D
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 11:46:38 pm by krenshala »
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: October 03, 2011, 10:19:15 pm »

Grats on your Gamespy coverage Phoebus.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: October 04, 2011, 10:16:42 am »

Grats on your Gamespy coverage Phoebus.
Well, that was unexpected.
Thanks for the heads-up. :)
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 140