Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What are your most common reasons for losing a fort?

Dwarven Selection
- 113 (6.3%)
Wildlife
- 58 (3.2%)
Ambushes
- 154 (8.6%)
Sieges
- 207 (11.5%)
Undeads
- 118 (6.6%)
Forgotten Beasts
- 110 (6.1%)
Megabeasts
- 42 (2.3%)
The Circus
- 84 (4.7%)
FUN Spiral
- 286 (15.9%)
Dwarven Engineering
- 131 (7.3%)
FPS Death
- 396 (22%)
Other? (please specify)
- 97 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 879

Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 140

Author Topic: [0.34.11v01] Phoebus' Graphic Set (0.34.11's one year anniversary update)  (Read 978994 times)

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(New) Natural ground style VS. (Old) Smooth ground style:

Forser

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Phoebus, You can always convert your tool to the MONO framework so Linux/Mac users use your tool also.

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wait a sec, is that an 'Other' I spy?
... How?

(I'll be trying mono, I'm not making any promises.)

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile

The team that was working on mono just got laid off a few days ago :P Not that it matters, they were never going to make it work well since the concept behind it was flawed.
"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?"

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The team that was working on mono just got laid off a few days ago :P Not that it matters, they were never going to make it work well since the concept behind it was flawed.
So, you're telling me not to bother with mono?

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Which do you prefer? Flat vs Varied.

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile

So, you're telling me not to bother with mono?

You could try downloading linux and getting anything to work with Mono in order to see for yourself :P In the end it is totally your choice. The amount of people with the talent to make awesome tilesets are few, but the amount of people who can work on the tileset assembler are many. I love your tileset and would volunteer to port the assembler if it would help you to keep cranking out awesome updates to the tilesets themselves :D
"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?"

Korva

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

One vote for varied.

Ethicalfive

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Varied is nicer IMO.

I heard that mono can be a real pain. There must be some script around that'd port over your .net gui without much hassle though. Could be a !fun! learning experience anyhow.

I noticed that with the introduction of the new floor/grass tiles, that the next level down tiles(the dark ones with the dots in the middle that arn't sky) became darker, any chance they could be brightened back up?
Urist McMiner Unearths a strange pad. He trembles as he inspects it's time saving features. Knowing no 1 dwarf must posess this power, he quietly drops it into the nearest chasm and never speaks of it again.DwarfPad

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Varied is nicer IMO.

I heard that mono can be a real pain. There must be some script around that'd port over your .net gui without much hassle though. Could be a !fun! learning experience anyhow.

I noticed that with the introduction of the new floor/grass tiles, that the next level down tiles(the dark ones with the dots in the middle that arn't sky) became darker, any chance they could be brightened back up?
Yes, sorry, I readjusted all the ground brightness and must have darkened the low-altitude tiles by error.

There seems to be a bug with .NET drawing library. The library does not seem to handle draw over partially transparent bitmaps too well.
I will need to squash that.

Edit: GroundMod_Brighter_LowSky.zip @ MediaFire
Place the content of the archive in /data/art/TilesetAssembler/
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 02:04:24 am by Phoebus »

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I second the vote for Varied.  Its a subtle difference, but I think it looks better.

How will this change affect punctuation in text?
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile

Wait a sec, is that an 'Other' I spy?
... How?

To venture a guess, they're using BSD with Wine and hate when people call it Unix.
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile

To venture a guess, they're using BSD with Wine and hate when people call it Unix.

The other vote isn't me but... I assume you meant to say that Unix people hate it when Linux is called Unix? :P

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/50/Unix_history-simple.png

Notice how Linux isn't part of the big family :D

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile

I know, even if it was coded from the ground up to be Unix-like, even if it is POSIX compliant and completely transparent, running the same code in the same ways.

But I won't nitpick.
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I second the vote for Varied.  Its a subtle difference, but I think it looks better.

How will this change affect punctuation in text?
Punctuation looks like grey squares.
Flat vs Varied: (barely noticeable differences)

Both flat and varied are available as options in the assembler. Varied is currently default, 'Ground Flat' is listed in the customization section.

Edit: So, put simply, there's one Unix/BSD user playing with my graphic pack?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 10:22:32 pm by Phoebus »
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 140