Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Settlers 6 problem  (Read 3061 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Settlers 6 problem
« on: May 17, 2010, 03:53:41 pm »

My problem is that I can't install any patches for The Settlers 6. Every single patch version says "your version is incompatable with this update". The version number is 1.6.4287, which means I should be patching to 1.7 or 1.7.1, which I'm trying to, but I can't because of this error.

I'd also point out that Ubisoft's release notes are wrong, since there's a memory leak causing a complete system crash that happens after about 30 minutes or so of play that was supposed to have been fixed in v1.6, but if it was, I wouldn't be trying to update.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Settlers 6 problem
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 04:08:03 pm »

...Umm...
Ask on ubisoft tech support forums instead, please?
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 04:39:10 pm »

Do you have the original media? Reinstall from disk and run the updater from the beginning?

If that doesn't work, try reinstalling the game and then downloading the latest patch manually.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2010, 04:58:39 pm »

There's no updater, and manual patching is what's not working. And Pillow, I've been looking through the Ubisoft forums, and posts looking for help never seem to get looked at.

EDIT: Nevermind. Looking deeper at their forums, I found the solution. Apparently they put in something to block patching for whatever reason.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 05:00:49 pm by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2010, 05:02:53 pm »

Man those crazy other publishers, always making their games easy to use.

They could learn a thing or two from Ubi.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic