Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Game Soon!/Civilization 4 Mod: Fall from Heaven 2/Fall Further/Rise from Erebus  (Read 14639 times)

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile

Fall From Heaven - Age of Ice is not Fall From Heaven 1.

Also, I stopped responding when somebody else came in and supported what I said. Good to know you feel like I need to 'bite your ankles', though. Civ 4 is a vast overhaul from Civ 3. You really do need to actually play both games through a couple times.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Pathos

Final question- Does FFH2 require Civ 4's expansions, or does it run without? I'll install it and grab this mod if it runs on Civ4 alone.

I don't think it does, man.

Fall From Heaven - Age of Ice is not Fall From Heaven 1.

Also, I stopped responding when somebody else came in and supported what I said. Good to know you feel like I need to 'bite your ankles', though. Civ 4 is a vast overhaul from Civ 3. You really do need to actually play both games through a couple times.

Then what's this? I think the Age of Ice thing is a scenario for it.

Please link to the post, although I won't respond. Most of us don't carry on arguments a month after they've been made. ;D It's forum etiquette!

It's not really a vast overhaul. There's differences, but they're cosmetic, rules altering and streamlining. Oh, and a few minor additions.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Please link to the post, although I won't respond. Most of us don't carry on arguments a month after they've been made. ;D It's forum etiquette!

But you did. If you want to see it, you should go look for it in the thread yourself. I do enough search-fu around here as it is.

Such as this one.

And this one.

EDIT: And this one.

EDIT2: In before you try to tell me that the overhaul of the combat system, city management system, health system, and the tech tree, as well as the addition of religion, is just 'streamlining and cosmetic changes'.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 07:04:57 pm by Grakelin »
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Pathos

Such as this one.

And this one.

That makes no sense. I don't see what you're getting at, here.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey, I'm not here to baby you, figure out how it relates.

Pathos

Hey, I'm not here to baby you, figure out how it relates.

Dude's just saying that Age of Ice is a "nice introduction to FfH". I linked you to the original Fall from Heaven. Troll harder, Grakelin.

EDIT: And this one.

EDIT2: In before you try to tell me that the overhaul of the combat system, city management system, health system, and the tech tree, as well as the addition of religion, is just 'streamlining and cosmetic changes'.

I did include rules alterations, too.

An example of a difference between Civ3 and Civ4: "Shields are now called hammers." Massive difference.

And the overhaul DID streamline the process, it didn't fundamentally change it. I know you're up in arms about defending newer games because you love them or something, but you're doing really badly here. Now get this crap out of my thread, you've failed to prove there was never a Fall from Heaven 1.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm not up in arms about defending newer games because I 'love them or something'. You have consistently been up in arms about attacking newer games because you have some strange ideological passion against them, to the point where you make countless threads about how terrible the gaming industry has become, wherein people generally come in and tell you something to the extent of 'The median quality isn't actually fluctuating that much, there have always been shitty games', and you tell them they are wrong, ignore their points, and continue your zealous ranting.

I am impressed that you found the most basic change on that list to use as an example of how little Civ3 and Civ4 were different. I'm not sure what you want, exactly. It's like saying that Mario Bros. and Super Mario Galaxy are the same game with more streamlining and some minor rules alterations.

Now get this crap out of your thread. I admit that I was wrong about FFH1 not existing, though if you actually observe the flow of FFH's history, you'll note that FFH1 was more of a conceptual phase for FFH2 (and I got my original information from hearsay on the official forum).

Naxza: Yeah, I started FFH on Vanilla CivIV, as well. I think he stopped updating it to a great extent after BTS came out, though (your version might even be pre-Warlords, in which case you're probably not getting the full experience). As far as I know, you only need Beyond the Sword, so if you do like FFH2, grab that for the most recent version.

Pathos

I'm not up in arms about defending newer games because I 'love them or something'. You have consistently been up in arms about attacking newer games because you have some strange ideological passion against them, to the point where you make countless threads about how terrible the gaming industry has become, wherein people generally come in and tell you something to the extent of 'The median quality isn't actually fluctuating that much, there have always been shitty games', and you tell them they are wrong, ignore their points, and continue your zealous ranting.

Hyperbole or outright lying? You decide!

(i.e. "countless threads", "strange ideological passion", "people generally come in and tell you")
(Truth: "single thread", "dislike towards certain trends in the industry", "pretty much Grakelin and some other guy")

But let's not forget Grakelin represents everyone on these forums, guys. ;D

I am impressed that you found the most basic change on that list to use as an example of how little Civ3 and Civ4 were different. I'm not sure what you want, exactly. It's like saying that Mario Bros. and Super Mario Galaxy are the same game with more streamlining and some minor rules alterations.

The idea is that having to SAY that "Shields are now hammers" points to the idea that the changes aren't all that great. They're just expanding the list to make it seem like there are a great deal more changes than there are.

All of those changes ARE rules alterations and streamlining. (I also admitted to minor additions!) The next game in the series is using hexagonal tiles, which will almost completely change gameplay in such a way to probably render it not recognisable as Civilization at all. THAT'S a major gameplay change. Like going, say, from 2D to 3D? DO YOU UNDERSTAND, GRAKELIN? DO YOU GRASP THIS CONCEPT?

Now get this crap out of your thread. I admit that I was wrong about FFH1 not existing, though if you actually observe the flow of FFH's history, you'll note that FFH1 was more of a conceptual phase for FFH2 (and I got my original information from hearsay on the official forum).

Alternatively, you may consider FfH to be the Civ1 of the Civilization series, and FfH2 to be the Civ4. There's a lot of additions and alterations, but it's definitely the same basis. See where I'm going with this?

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hyperbole or outright lying? You decide!

(i.e. "countless threads", "strange ideological passion", "people generally come in and tell you")
(Truth: "single thread", "dislike towards certain trends in the industry", "pretty much Grakelin and some other guy")

But let's not forget Grakelin represents everyone on these forums, guys. ;D

You already know I can do the search fu. So let's rock this boat. What follows is a series of threads in which you continue your crusade against the gaming industry, with varying levels of validity.

Topic about EA's DLC policy
Topic about how game reviewers suck for giving new games good reviews
Topic where Blizzard is also capitalist swine
Only partially related (though you will point this out and try to call me on it), but you state in the first sentence that there are too many trash games to count, indicating an inclination against them as opposed to the bad media in books and movies
Bioware Are All Hacks
Another Thread Where You Discuss EA's DLC policy
The Topic You should have posted in instead of starting a new one about how bad Bioware is

Although, ironically enough, I had you confused with Soulwynd, who joined with Ioric in a massive debate against Aqizzar where they tried to call him out for 'blindly defending the megacorporations'.

Pathos

You already know I can do the search fu. So let's rock this boat. What follows is a series of threads in which you continue your crusade against the gaming industry, with varying levels of validity.

Topic about EA's DLC policy
Topic about how game reviewers suck for giving new games good reviews
Topic where Blizzard is also capitalist swine
Only partially related (though you will point this out and try to call me on it), but you state in the first sentence that there are too many trash games to count, indicating an inclination against them as opposed to the bad media in books and movies
Bioware Are All Hacks
Another Thread Where You Discuss EA's DLC policy
The Topic You should have posted in instead of starting a new one about how bad Bioware is

I don't know, man, you seem pretty paranoid over this entire thing, as if you're assuming I'm at the head of a mass conspiracy to destroy all new game companies. It's also funny how you say only one of those is partially related (I'd say they're all VERY loosely related) when it's the one pointing out the fact that pretty much all widespread modern media is empty.

Most of them are article threads, in which I mostly just post an article and then read the thread and it's replies, occasionally interjecting with an opinion or two. Admittedly a lot of those are examples of what I'd consider to be the general trend of bullcrappedness we're getting these days, but they don't really count.

The last of the unrelated threads is about the story path used in a game developer's games, and how it hasn't deviated from when they came out with the original idea using that story. It's not really related because it's not proof of how crap the game is (I believe I said the gameplay was decent) but how hack-like they are in terms of storytelling. (Which they constantly and unabashedly brag about.)

It does really seem like you're picking random threads out of my history and saying "THIS IS PROOF OF HATE." The only really related thread is this one and you said that wasn't even really related.

As I said, troll harder, or get out.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Final question- Does FFH2 require Civ 4's expansions, or does it run without? I'll install it and grab this mod if it runs on Civ4 alone.

FFH2 requires the expansion "Beyond the Sword", for the added modding abilities.

I think you can still download an old version of FFH2 which can run on vanilla Civ4, but that one's really old and quite different from the current FFH2. Maybe you can use it to test if you like FFH enough to buy the expansions.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 10:12:02 pm by kcwong »

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I modified my post after you replied, Naxza. FFH2 requires only Beyond the Sword expansion, you can skip the others.

Also note that the old version, while containing less content and less polished, was enough to get me hooked - I buy BtS only to play the newer FFH2. I think I've only played 2 BtS games (and found them lacking compared to FFH2).

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I tried this game today and I'm a bit confused.

Is it possible to play against the AI without being forced to play Amurites?

Also are there people playing it online here?

Also the AI kicks ass...

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Are you playing FFH or FFH2? :P I remember Amurites featuring strongly in FFH. Also, if you haven't gotten the Warlods and BtS expansions, you should... the fully functional FFH2 uses those two. The FFH2 mod for vanilla Civ4 has been discontinued, I think.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Are you playing FFH or FFH2? :P I remember Amurites featuring strongly in FFH. Also, if you haven't gotten the Warlods and BtS expansions, you should... the fully functional FFH2 uses those two. The FFH2 mod for vanilla Civ4 has been discontinued, I think.

Huh, It only stated that I needed the BtS addon.
Nothing about Warlords though.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5