Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25

Author Topic: Guess a game by a quote.  (Read 29516 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Guess a game by a quote.
« Reply #345 on: July 18, 2010, 05:24:15 pm »

Master Chief
The Master Chief isn't silent. He speaks during cut-scenes. The Rookie, however, never says a word.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: July 19, 2010, 01:36:04 am »

*points at ceiling*
MAH BOI, THIS PEACE IS WHAT ALL TRUE WARRIORS STRIVE FOR!
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: July 19, 2010, 05:29:16 am »

Not really a game...

It's the Legend of Zelda animated series. the king talking to link.
This is Dwarf Fortress! If we can chuck magma at innocent wildlife, we can do ANYTHING!

It was at this point that I realised that dwarves are actually the essence of chaos. What else can make perpetual motion machines, recursive statues with more building materials than the average tower and has such a short attention span that a damn fine chair can off-set the death of their entire family.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: July 19, 2010, 07:36:31 am »

"I am so smart, I am so smart, S M R T, S M R..."
Nom nom nom

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: July 19, 2010, 07:41:30 am »

Not really a game...

Actually, I think that's from one of the CD-I zelda games.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: July 19, 2010, 09:05:31 am »

"I am so smart, I am so smart, S M R T, S M R..."
SIMPSONS!!1111

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: July 19, 2010, 01:42:14 pm »

Not really a game...

Actually, I think that's from one of the CD-I zelda games.

The animated series was even worse.

Pretty sure Nostalgia Critic did a review of it alongside the Super Mario Brothers Super Show. All three are prime YTP fodder.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: July 19, 2010, 01:46:17 pm »

Yes, I have had the misfortune of watching a couple episodes of each... The Super Mario Brothers Super Show was at least hilariously bad, but the LoZ one wasn't even that. Turns out Link is a silent protagonist for good reason...
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: July 20, 2010, 12:18:33 am »

All i see is darkness.... oh, my hood was down.

Oh, that acolyte says that... i thought it was "or my hood is down"...

Wc3

# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: July 20, 2010, 12:30:52 am »

All i see is darkness.... oh, my hood was down.

Oh, that acolyte says that... i thought it was "or my hood is down"...

Wc3

Yep. good one. i love annoying the units in the blizzard games. it is so fun to see what kind of references are there.
This is Dwarf Fortress! If we can chuck magma at innocent wildlife, we can do ANYTHING!

It was at this point that I realised that dwarves are actually the essence of chaos. What else can make perpetual motion machines, recursive statues with more building materials than the average tower and has such a short attention span that a damn fine chair can off-set the death of their entire family.

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: July 20, 2010, 12:46:57 am »

Yep, i like it too.
I usually do it out of force of habbit in hoping that some units will have funny things to say... i havnt been very successful...
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: July 20, 2010, 01:23:34 am »

Yes, I have had the misfortune of watching a couple episodes of each... The Super Mario Brothers Super Show was at least hilariously bad, but the LoZ one wasn't even that. Turns out Link is a silent protagonist for good reason...

Well, excuuUUUUuuuse me, Dragnar!

Disclaimer: If you can get through that entire video without clawing through your eardrums to seek sweet relief, you win!

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: July 20, 2010, 02:42:30 am »

Well, excuuUUUUuuuse me, Dragnar!

Disclaimer: If you can get through that entire video without clawing through your eardrums to seek sweet relief, you win!

I have only failed one such challenge in my entire existence.
I am invulnerable. Mwahahaha.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: July 20, 2010, 07:35:17 am »

I have only failed one such challenge in my entire existence.
I am invulnerable. Mwahahaha.
...curiosity...too great...

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: July 20, 2010, 01:52:02 pm »

watched it twice. i chuckled a little.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25