Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Do the gods on adventure mode exist?  (Read 6392 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Do the gods on adventure mode exist?
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2010, 11:48:46 am »

This is the kind of thing that needs either screenshots or coding proof to be tested by others. Because this sounds suspicously like beating Ganon 6 times in a row without taking losing any health to get the Triforce.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Hyperturtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2010, 10:44:12 am »

I always thought that if the dwarfs had started making contact with their god, they'd start engraving pictures of me eating cheese, sending me messages about the same old booze, and start toppling the statues of me they created until I task them with magma projects for their own good.

igless

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2010, 09:24:14 pm »

I'd make a fortress that connects between heaven and hell. It would be symbolic for... something. :D

Longcat?
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Dagoth Urist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2010, 08:57:58 am »

Longcat?

Bingo! ;D Although, I reckon the Longcat would reach altitudes far above and beyond Heaven itself . xD
- "Very well. If you are impatient to begin. Go ahead. You are the challenger. To you goes the first blow." -

Onlyhestands

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2010, 09:57:00 am »

Dwarven Gods probably live in a massive fortress carved under the moon.
What if you didn't have any genitals, couldn't you just go naked as a dude (because showing your nipples is okay)?
What if monkeys created civilizations on the moon?

Mfbrew

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2010, 11:01:20 am »

When dwarves are burned in Magma, they return to the rock from whence they came and live on for all eternity in *stone mugs* made at the craftsdwarves workshop.  For them, that is heaven.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2010, 12:57:46 pm »

P.S. As for a stairway to heaven. For some reason I recall some old wives tale of a tower in some book or another that tried to do just that.  I imagine there would have to be a chance of a forced cavein after a certain height and all the letters in your dwarves names being scrambled.

The Tower of Babel.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Dagoth Urist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2010, 05:38:53 pm »

The Tower of Babel.

No shit, Sherlock? xD
... Or it could actually be the Great Pyramid of Cholula. Just sayin'...  8)
- "Very well. If you are impatient to begin. Go ahead. You are the challenger. To you goes the first blow." -

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2010, 09:31:29 pm »

When dwarves are burned in Magma, they return to the rock from whence they came and live on for all eternity in *stone mugs* made at the craftsdwarves workshop.  For them, that is heaven.
Dwarf1: HOLY SHIT! DID YOU JUST SELL URIST TO THAT HUMAN?
Dwarf2: No, that was just a mug. A bauxite mug.
Dwarf1: Exactly! Mug McUrist! I'm coming for you buddy!
*Dwarf1 has attacked Human Merchant*
*Dwarf1 has been stuck down!*

*Dwarf2 grabs the piece of chalk Dwarf1 died on*
Dwarf2: Selling mugs! Get your mugs while they're hot!

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2010, 12:34:08 am »

Hell, I think that I can beat him. Because I got an in-game god to speak to me.
Here's a few guidelines:

1. Asking gods about their family/other "personal stuff" will make a random body part (usually a finger) fall off. They DON'T want to speak about it. However, if it's a god of marriage, you may get a response if you're lucky. When the body part falls off, the convo window closes and you rather suddenly start bleeding. Yet you supposedly can ask for healing, I have no idea how, but the ear that fell off in my example suddenly regrew itself and I was a possessor of a vintage adventurer ear. Asking a god about the surroundings won't get you anything else than name of the lands and what wanders there - not the directions - and will reveal them on the travel map, even if normally inaccessable. The range of this is fixed to 5x5 from your current travel tile.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
2. To get a response from god, you need to open up the talk window and "send him a message" about 200k times. Works best on the part when you ask about his/her family, because if it works you get a message about a random body part detaching. But beware, I've seen heads fall off randomly, and even inner organs teleporting out of your body.

Currently I'm the only one that reported this working, are you guys too lazy to do it for SCIENCE or what? It gives you so many perks. Seriously. You can even get artifacts from your fortresses using them, a flute worth a million dwarfbucks to you is worth a hundred to them.

I've got nothing better to do so I'll just work on a macro to click 200k times in a few minutes then I'll go make a sandwich and do something else.

and if, say, nothing happens, science will be done on YE!!

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2010, 07:56:32 pm »

And thus the dwarven meat grinder was invented.
Pages: 1 2 [3]