Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: bottomless pit!!!  (Read 1900 times)

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: bottomless pit!!!
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2010, 06:23:22 pm »

Oh, ok. It was just on the bottom cavern is all, plus it went down to the lowest layer. I remember it had some weird floor tiles.

You guys are probably right though, kinda weird having a bottomless pit start from a cavern :D

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2010, 06:27:36 pm »

I've seen deep pits connecting caverns, but from the sounds of it this one actually had the chasm tiles. Maybe Toady made it so if the pit starts on the bottom layer it because a traditional 'bottomless' pit?

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2010, 07:08:55 pm »

well in theory you could just make a pit linking to the magma sea. bottomless for disposal purposes :D

DarthCloakedDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCloaked
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2010, 11:56:03 pm »

well in theory you could just make a pit linking to the magma sea. bottomless for disposal purposes :D
Except for magma-safe stuffs.
Yes. Clearly a bug that ought to be fixed in the future, but exploit it in the meantime.

Aescula: *snerk*  Just thought of a picture I saw a long tome ago...
Darth Guy: A long, long tome ago, in a library far, far away?

Kazang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2010, 12:04:17 am »

Except for magma-safe stuffs.

Well considering it's submerged in magma n levels deep one would assume it's disposed of, even if not completely destroyed.  No good for "deleting" objects though if that is what you're after.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2010, 12:06:00 am »

Actually the magma sea floor is made up of 'magma flow' tiles that seem to act as a non-bottom-of-the-map chasm for all intents and purposes. Objects don't really sit in there and melt anymore, they fully disappear. Even natural walls.

Bryan Derksen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2010, 01:04:40 am »

Nice. I'm just finishing up my "magma diving board" ~150 Z-levels above the magma flow (about 100 Z level fall to the magma's surface, then another 50 Z levels down to the magma flow) and I was worrying about accidentally dumping magma-safe detritus in there along with the goblin prisoners. I don't like to litter. :)
Pages: 1 [2]