Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55

Author Topic: The DF 0.31.04 Work-In-Progress Thread  (Read 218680 times)

S31-Syntax

• Bay Watcher
  • Favorite Rock: Obsidian
    • View Profile
Re: The DF 0.31.04 Work-In-Progress Thread
« Reply #780 on: June 02, 2010, 07:12:06 pm »

I don't seem to be able to gain access to the bug tracker to see other issues like this... but i can't form a squad at all, every attempt to do so results in a memory dump of some sort...

sucks cause i have a kobold thief wandering in circles and its screwing everything up in my fortress... i thought those guys ran away when caught?

EDIT:

WELL since i can't access the bug tracker still, i updated using the "head" package earlier in the thread, and after resolving the libjpeg issue, all i get is a blunt segfault... what am i missing?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 11:15:16 pm by S31-Syntax »
Obsidian! the only rock that can be MADE by dwarfs!

...also it appears to have resulted in the dead crundle on top of my trade depot exploding, causing it do deconstruct.  Huh.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: June 03, 2010, 02:47:35 am »

I don't seem to be able to gain access to the bug tracker to see other issues like this... but i can't form a squad at all, every attempt to do so results in a memory dump of some sort...

sucks cause i have a kobold thief wandering in circles and its screwing everything up in my fortress... i thought those guys ran away when caught?

EDIT:

WELL since i can't access the bug tracker still, i updated using the "head" package earlier in the thread, and after resolving the libjpeg issue, all i get is a blunt segfault... what am i missing?

If you created an account on the bug tracker, make sure to check your email -- it sends an activation email but doesn't really tell you about it.  Anyway, yes, the squad creation thing is a known bug.

S31-Syntax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: June 03, 2010, 03:21:58 am »

Ive gotten no mail from the bug tracker... Is that a common occurrence?

Regarding that bug... is there any known workaround? ...perhaps a way to remove that stupid kobold? -hopeful smile-

...also it appears to have resulted in the dead crundle on top of my trade depot exploding, causing it do deconstruct.  Huh.

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: June 03, 2010, 03:23:50 am »

Regarding that bug... is there any known workaround? ...perhaps a way to remove that stupid kobold? -hopeful smile-

War dogs
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: June 03, 2010, 03:30:04 am »

Apparently the tracker isn't accepting registrations at all right now.  Toady and Baughn are looking into it.

Yeah, war dogs should work, or you can fire up the game in Wine (since that crash only happens under Linux) to do the squad creation part.

koitsu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: June 03, 2010, 03:57:08 am »

Well if you ever have some extra hardware laying about, please think of me. By the end of summer I'll have hopefully saved up enough money for a nice computer. I'm looking towards around $800 dollars.

Will do.  :-)
Making life hard for others since 1977.

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: June 03, 2010, 04:54:44 am »

Bug-tracker's working now. Or at least it's back to its normal level of brokenness.

My pet project for the last week has been writing a script to convert its bug database to Trac. It doesn't seem very plausible, unfortunately.
C++ makes baby Cthulhu weep. Why settle for the lesser horror?

S31-Syntax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: June 03, 2010, 05:17:01 am »

war dogs wouldn't train... complained of no animals to train, HOWEVER the dog i was going to train began to chase the kobold, and pushed him into a lake, quite humorous, until a berserk blacksmith pushed himself AND the dog into my new moat...

I had previously tried running it through wine to fix that, no go. I'll try the bug tracker again, do i have to re-register?

EDIT: there it is, nevermind. got my email. :)

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: June 03, 2010, 07:25:14 am »

Hi!

Actually, I have found that the graphics modes do not really have a big impact on my frame rate (except for partial print just corrupting my display with unbearable flickering). And I am not really surprised by this, since in all the years of DF gaming, my motto was, "If 24 FPS is good enough for great anime, 24 GFPS are fine for me.". In other words, I never had the graphic display drag down my regular FPS as it was usually much slower anyway.

I just wanted to put this out for people worrying about their frame rates.

Deathworks

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: June 03, 2010, 09:12:59 am »

Upcoming features in 31.05:

- Key-repeat accelerates if you keep holding the key. This is configurable, but you probably want it on. It's nice.
- 2D-mode colors are no longer off. I'd switched green and blue. Yeah. Okay, so that's not really a feature.
- 2D now allows zooming.  :D

No comments on the performance of that function, please, but it should only lag while zooming, not if playing with zoomed tiles.  ;)

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: June 03, 2010, 10:15:48 am »

Uh, belay that. Zooming performance is.. how should I put it?

Just as good as opengl's. Mm, that will do.

..the resulting graphics look a lot better, too. Probably due to using lanczos instead of linear interpolation. So.. hmm... well, I'll let it stay like this for a while, I guess.

Wideman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: June 03, 2010, 12:06:43 pm »

well ok I have an issue

on the current save i have now.
1. say if start it one time then durning that time. (about 1hr - 1hr 30mins) it will randomly crash saying DwarfFortress*32.exe has encounterd a problem and needs to close and also during that time i have a trader just leaving and some times the trader gets stricken by maloncholy can't spell it :/ and his horse goes beserk and kills him and then the horse stays on my map.  from what i noticed the crash only seems to appear when im on my 2nd Z-level of my fort and its when i zoom out to max then zoom back in :/ and when I load it again at same point .. forget to save ... the trader doesnt get struck nd the hores doesnt go beserk........

2. i have noticed if  i leave my dwarfs to keep clearing the stones into a pile outside of the fort if i leave it for like 2hrs it will give me an C++ error :/ and im really stumped

my O/S is win 7 Ultimate fully patched. on a Q9650 at 3.2ghz (oc'd) and a 9800GTX+
hmmmm you should be very afraid.... The computers around the world have eyes and ears and theyre plotting against the human race in theyre binary chants

InsanityPrelude

• Bay Watcher
  • O SHI--
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: June 03, 2010, 12:48:12 pm »

I've been noticing an odd flicker when I pause and unpause the game (mode is STANDARD.) Annoying, but not a game breaker.
Forget down stairs, make an up stair
And then what?  Mine the sky? . . .  Actually, that'd be awesome.

Godmouth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: June 03, 2010, 12:54:38 pm »

As some others have reported, b, d and k makes the game flicker black, which is a gamebreaker for me because my eyes hurt every time I see it. Tried downloading new drivers but it didn't help.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: June 03, 2010, 12:58:07 pm »

I've been noticing an odd flicker when I pause and unpause the game (mode is STANDARD.) Annoying, but not a game breaker.
As some others have reported, b, d and k makes the game flicker black, which is a gamebreaker for me because my eyes hurt every time I see it. Tried downloading new drivers but it didn't help.

This is the tracker entry for that problem.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55