Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 29

Author Topic: Monks and Masons Mafia - END! Wolves win!  (Read 27592 times)

Azure Sepulchre

• Bay Watcher
  • Y'all have knocked her up.
    • View Profile
Re: Monks and Masons Mafia - Day 2: When two tribes go to war...
« Reply #315 on: June 23, 2010, 03:13:25 pm »

Yeah. Just vote someone randomly.

Do you plan to contribute anything?

Diablous:  Welcome!  In your thread analysis you're going to post soon, please rate in order of scumminess these players: criptfeind, Azure, Ottofar, and Leafsnail, in addition to whatever else you're posting.

How droll.

If only to assuage my own curiosty, would you mind doing the same? I recall that you did something similar earlier when I asked, but opinions can change easily enough, and it will pass the time.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: June 23, 2010, 03:32:53 pm »

Fair enough.

Cript, for his scummy inconstant behavior.  Should be obvious, since I'm voting him.
Ottofar is next, though it's hard to tell if he's scummy or just playing bad town.  I'm starting to lean toward the latter.
You're next, but weakly- I thought a couple of your first arguments seemed weak, but that may have just been your impressions of the game before you had truly gotten in to it.  The last few posts have picked up.
Leaf's last.  I haven't really seen anything out of him I consider scummy yet.  Honestly, you and him are pretty much equal.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: June 23, 2010, 04:15:10 pm »

Heres the list Toaster asked for. From scummiest to towniest:

1. Criptfeind.
2. Ottofar
3. Leafsnail.
4. Azure.

Now, for my actual thoughts. Cript and Otto are the scummiest players here. Otto has posted zero content, used Web's words as justification, been extremely jumpy with his vote, and has given poor or no justification in his votes.

Cript has been very scummy to me. He has been all over the place with his suspicions. There is also how he has responded to others being suspicious. Day 1, he claimed that Nuke was obvious scum. Rather than help put pressure on him, in order to get him to crack if he was scum and confirm it, he did the illogical and went and attacked others. When called out on it, it lead to the shit storm that was Leaf vs. Cript. And during Day 2, he decides not to try to lynch Leaf because he was sure that Leaf was the one that the wolves attacked. I seriously doubt that he would know that, unless he was a werewolf. He stated that it would be stupid for the scum teams to not attack him or Leaf. He says that since they both lived and wolves hit a mafia member, Leaf must be mafia and was hit last night. He uses that as a reason to go after other players and not vote Leaf. Then he continues his inconsistant behavior. I believe he is a werewolf, which is why he believes Leaf is mafia and was attacked last night. His reason a townie would know just seems too farfetched to me.

As for Leaf, he hasn't acted all that scummy to me. However, if Cript turns out to be a werewolf, I doubt he will have lied about the wolves attacking Leaf during the night. We'll know when Day 3 starts up.

As for Azure, he doesn't seem really scummy to me. His predecessor has buddied with Cript a bit, but he personally hasn't done anything really scummy to me. Same goes with just about everyone else.

All in all, Cript has been scummiest to me. So I'm putting my vote on Criptfeind.

(Sorry if this seemed a bit incoherent, I'm kinda tired.)
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

spitfire684

• Bay Watcher
  • I pity the weak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: June 23, 2010, 05:00:46 pm »

Vote Count:
1. Azure Sepulchre [1] - Criptfeind
2. GlyphGryph
3. Leafsnail
4. Eduren
5. Blargityblarg
6. Lonewolf I

7. Criptfeind [5] - Leafsnail, Toaster, Lonewolf I, Ottofar, Diablous
8. Diablous
9. Ottofar [3] - Blargityblarg, GlyphGryph, Azure Sepulchre
10. Toaster
Not voting: Eurden

It seemed the group had come to a clear conclusion. Criptfeind will be the next to die.
Mayor Spitfire glared at the trembling Criptfeind as Spitfire approached, soon ordering his guards to take Criptfeind up to the gallows. Like he did with NUKE, Spitfire swiftly searched Criptfeind’s pockets for his house keys.
“This is ridiculous, you’re not seriously going to-” Criptfeind argued.
“It’s for your own good.”  Mayor Spitfire interrupted. Spitfire gave the order, and soon Criptfeind was ready to be hung. The lever was pulled, he dropped down. Nothing else was heard from him ever again. Spitfire tossed the keys over to another of his loyal guards, telling him to search Criptfeind’s home, hoping that it was not another innocent.

After another bit of waiting, the guard returned, only shaking his head after he entered. Spitfire frowned, knowing that it must have been another innocent townsperson that was killed. Without saying another word, Mayor Spitfire ordered the survivors to go to their accommodation; he was too upset to even say a word.  The group of survivors slowly trudged to the apartment, hoping that this night will not be their last.

As the Mayor also shuffled his way to his home he gazed up at the sky, watching the full moon still bright in the sky. “How long is that going to stay there?” he asked himself, “It’s making me feel uncomfortable...”

Criptfeind has been lynched.
Criptfeind was a Townie.
Spoiler: Role PM (click to show/hide)
It is now night.
Day begins 23:00 GMT Friday 25th June.

Send all night actions to me via PM.

(Sorry, flavour is kinda light since I'm writing another story as well. And it's a bit last minute.)

spitfire684

• Bay Watcher
  • I pity the weak.
    • View Profile
Re: Monks and Masons Mafia - Night 2 - Full Moon
« Reply #319 on: June 25, 2010, 05:09:07 pm »

The third day after the attack and it seemed hope was lost. The Mayor had almost given up, already seen quite a few innocent victims. He walked over to the town hall, praying to himself that the ones responsible killed themselves. But, he was only greeted with sadness.

As he walked in, the group were already there. It seemed he was only a little late.
   “Is everyone here?” He asked, trying to count how many are present.
   A guard approached, “Sir, two this time. Both of them the Werewolf hunting duo which tried to defend this city. A message in blood was left as well. ‘Toaster... has been toasted.”
   Mayor Spitfire’s spirit sank even more. It was like the bad guys were mocking him now.“This isn’t working. But, I guess we must finish what we started.” Spitfire walked over to his seat, made himself as comfortable as possible, and then ordered the group to discuss, while the Mayor tried thinking of another plan. The guards were glaring at the Mayor; it seemed they knew this tactic would never have worked.

GlyphGryph has been bitten. GlyphGryph was a Monk (Townie)
Toaster has been shot. Toaster was a Monk (Townie)
Day has begun. Day ends Friday 2nd of July 23:00 GMT.

Also, we need a replacement for Eduren
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 03:17:31 am by spitfire684 »

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cript was town. Didn't see that coming. And I really did not see both Monks getting NK'd coming. Shit. Either the idea that the wolves hitting a mafia was wrong, or they decided to not target the mafia member, for whatever reason.

Ottofar, what do you think of this? Why do you think Glyph and Toaster were singled out? And are you going to contribute something?
To be partly feline,

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile

I shall summarize and try to think about stuff. Tomorrow. (~12 hours?)

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I await what you will bring.
To be partly feline,

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No mafia death... Interesting.

Diablous, I suspected your predecessor of being scum.  He goes inactive and werewolves miss out on a kill.  Explain.
Eduren's successor, BlargityBlarg, why don't you help him out?

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile

I also wonder what Otto will bring to the table, and I dearly hope that it's worth waiting twelve hours for.

Lonewolf: You haven't responded to my assertion:

Quote from: BlargityBlarg
Lonewolf: You seem mighty sure that the Werewolves failed to send in a kill PM due to inexperience. You also seem to believe that Leafy is a werewolf. Surely Leafy would have had enough presence of mind to send in a PM kill, assuming whoever is with him didn't, which is already a near-unreasonably far stretch.

Also, why should I be defending Diablous? That's his bloody job.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I also wonder what Otto will bring to the table, and I dearly hope that it's worth waiting twelve hours for.

Lonewolf: You haven't responded to my assertion:

Quote from: BlargityBlarg
Lonewolf: You seem mighty sure that the Werewolves failed to send in a kill PM due to inexperience. You also seem to believe that Leafy is a werewolf. Surely Leafy would have had enough presence of mind to send in a PM kill, assuming whoever is with him didn't, which is already a near-unreasonably far stretch.

Also, why should I be defending Diablous? That's his bloody job.

Those are two mutually exclusive theories I entertained at differing points in time.

You should be defending yourself, because I don't believe wolves would willingly give up their kill n1, or fail to kill mafia n2.  That makes you, Diablous, and Eduren my prime wolf suspects, since your predecessors disappeared n1.  I'm focusing on Diablous for now because I thought Pimpson was scum d1.

Spitfire - No flavor to indicate who killed who?

I believe GlyphGryph's death indicates Leaf or Eduren on a scumteam, as those three were the only ones left with real experience.  If mafia did, I think Leaf is scum, if werewolves, Eduren, though the fact that Leaf is still living suggests that he's mafia even if wolves did it.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Diablous, I suspected your predecessor of being scum.  He goes inactive and werewolves miss out on a kill.  Explain.

Hmm. An idea. The wolves decided to not attack the mafia they attacked on Night 1. A few guesses on why: To lull the mafia into a false sense of security. To make it appear that your theory has been confirmed, to send the town and mafia on a false lead. Or just to cause confusion. The one I am most confident in is that they are trying to weaken the town. My guess is that they do not want the town to be much of a factor when they begin their assault on the mafia. We currently only have 3 townies left. If we mislynch, we can have 2, 1, or no townies tomorrow, depending on who the scum teams attack. Either way, not much chance for recovery for the town. Basically, they want it so the town will no longer be any threat to them for when they eliminate the mafia. Not quite sure though. I wish I knew what the wolves are doing.
To be partly feline,

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm. An idea. The wolves decided to not attack the mafia they attacked on Night 1. A few guesses on why: To lull the mafia into a false sense of security. To make it appear that your theory has been confirmed, to send the town and mafia on a false lead. Or just to cause confusion. The one I am most confident in is that they are trying to weaken the town. My guess is that they do not want the town to be much of a factor when they begin their assault on the mafia. We currently only have 3 townies left. If we mislynch, we can have 2, 1, or no townies tomorrow, depending on who the scum teams attack. Either way, not much chance for recovery for the town. Basically, they want it so the town will no longer be any threat to them for when they eliminate the mafia. Not quite sure though. I wish I knew what the wolves are doing.

Hmm... if true, I believe their motivations would be more geared to snuffing out the other mafia than weakening the town, allowing them to immediately off the known one afterward.  An interesting theory, but there are only one or two people still living who might come up with something like that.  Do you see anyone who might be acting on such a plan?

Anyway, my theory's simpler.  You haven't disproved it, only offered an alternative.  Could be deflection, could be you seriously think this qualifies as a defense.  Try harder.

spitfire684

• Bay Watcher
  • I pity the weak.
    • View Profile

It's been fixed now. Sorry, I knew I forgotten something.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile

Forum ate my post.  >:(
I'll rewrite my thoughts thoroughly, though.
Day 1.
Diablous. Pimpson messes around, on page 7. He covers for it later, though.
Leafsnail, through day 1 you made much bigger posts than usually. It might be a scumtell.
Azure Sepulchure: Webadict posts far less than usual. He had only phone then, though.

Messed up my thoughts at some point, ah well. Anyways, I think roleclaiming as mason would be good. The other mason should confirm this. Then we would have two known non-mafia. That would leave us with at least one less suspect for being scum. I might have messed up.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 29