Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 29

Author Topic: Monks and Masons Mafia - END! Wolves win!  (Read 27692 times)

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
Re: Monks and Masons Mafia Day 1: So it Begins.
« Reply #225 on: June 17, 2010, 04:28:42 pm »

Nah, if either of those two are scum, it's Leafsnail.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

If you think I did, guess what alignment that would make you :P.

Town?
Wrong.  If you're saying I'm trying to lynch you coz I attacked you last night, you would be mafia aligned, no?

Nice scumslip though.

Lonewolf is very obviously town, at least for now.  His reasoning on Criptfeind makes sense (even if it can't be quite right, since I'm town) and lynching Criptfeind first would be correct under his logic.

You are wrong because I don't want us to lynch leaf today.

I wish for otto to be lynched.

What I believe happened was wolfs saw leaf as scum in my attacks on him so they targeted him last night. Now leaf is going to die tonight because the wolfs will kill him.

The wolfs want us to kill him so that they can target someone else, but logically they will kill leaf if they must tonight.

Therefor they will try to lynch leaf.

Leaf knows he is going to die so he can do a all out attack on a Towny and not have to face suspicion tomorrow.

Otto is most likely wolf. Leaf is mafia.
Although, there was indeed a flaw in my reasoning.  If the scum want an enemy scummember to die, why risk attacking him in the day?  Why not just go after him at night?  Why not, say, FoS the guy you're gonna kill and mislynch the other person?  Look at Ottofar's post again, heh.

I'm beginning to see a distinct GlyphGryph scum possibility.  He says one of me and Criptfeind basically has to be scum... and then votes someone with their suspicions on both of us?  And his backup reasoning to Lonewolf's point is terrible (it's not buddying - if Criptfeind is town, the argument against me does not work.  Hey, wasn't it the same with Nuke, Criptfeind?).

Also, I was apparently chainsaw defending my buddy who was a townie.  Defending townies from being mislynched is apparently scummy now.

Quote from: criptfeind
This is almost what I was expecting with leaf as scum and therefor makes me even more suspicious of him.
USO DA

This is DEFINATELY a lie.  No question.
Yes. Leafy may be scum still but my perception of the game is changed.

Leafy: Are you saying that the wolfs kill is delayed if they hit mafia?
So, you were expecting something to happen which involving rules you didn't know about.  Yeah right.

@Criptfeind - I don't see bussing at this stage.  Especially if he's also under suspicion :/.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Monks and Masons Mafia - Day 2: When two tribes go to war...
« Reply #227 on: June 17, 2010, 07:15:59 pm »

Hell, by your own words Nuke had acted quite 'scummy', too, so you'll have to forgive me if I don't put too much stock in your intuition.

Are you really saying he was not scummy? Really?

As far as webadict

I am not attacking him for not being here, I am attacking him for budding and otto is saying he is scum.

Nice scumslip though.

If your argument depends on you being scum you are doing it wrong.

This is what I am talking about. He knows that when I flip you guys will see this and lynch him. But oh wait he will be dead at that time.

Also I think you said that wrong, did you mean "If you're saying I'm trying to lynch you coz you attacked me last night, you would be mafia aligned, no?" and no I am not saying that.

Lonewolf is very obviously town, at least for now.  His reasoning on Criptfeind makes sense (even if it can't be quite right, since I'm town) and lynching Criptfeind first would be correct under his logic.

Although right on wolf being town (but not for your reason, he wants to lynch people from both scum teams. Ie: you and otto) But his logic for that argument depends on me being wrong, if I am town that clears you? I don't think so. Hell even he is not trying to do that for the time being, you are just looking for any reasons to lynch me because, as I say, you don't care of the consequences.

Although, there was indeed a flaw in my reasoning.

So you admitted that you were wrong, oh golly ge willikers! Somehow I don't think that you are going to act on this.

Why not, say, FoS the guy you're gonna kill and mislynch the other person?  Look at Ottofar's post again, heh.

Because of two reasons.

One: That's damn stupid, I would not want to be anywhere near the person I know to be scum if I was wolf, unless I though I had a good chance to lynch his, than I would vote him.

Two: As stupid as it is it is also complicated, I don't think that otto would do that with no supervision.

So, you were expecting something to happen which involving rules you didn't know about.  Yeah right.

What part of almost do you not understand, I thought you would be dead at this point.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Prod on pimpson plox? Been 10 days.

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Monks and Masons Mafia - Day 2: When two tribes go to war...
« Reply #229 on: June 17, 2010, 11:02:32 pm »

Although right on wolf being town (but not for your reason, he wants to lynch people from both scum teams. Ie: you and otto) But his logic for that argument depends on me being wrong, if I am town that clears you? I don't think so. Hell even he is not trying to do that for the time being, you are just looking for any reasons to lynch me because, as I say, you don't care of the consequences.

I outlined two possible scenarios in which both of you are scum.  I can think of any number of scenarios that would implicate either of you as scum, or even neither of you as scum, all of which would fit the hard evidence, so even if one of you was lynched and turned up scum we would still be dealing in the realm of probability for the other's alignment, rather than absolute certainty.  I still haven't even discounted the possibility that we're dealing with newbwolves who failed to kill because they forgot to send in a kill pm.  That alone would make Pimpson and GeneralGuy our werewolves.

In my estimation, both of you responded appropriately to my suspicions, so Ottofar is still the only one who I originally implicated with that analysis who hasn't spoken up about it.  His slavish devotion to Azuradict Webulchre is not helping his case in the slightest.  I believe we have found ourselves scum, though I can't say for certain what side he's on.

Ottofar - A poor imitation of Org's style is only going to make the mob angrier, and you're only insulting webadict by holding to his reasoning, since he never had a chance to really get into the game.  Please give us some actual, original analysis.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 17, 2010, 11:07:22 pm »

I cant believe I just got this.

This is obvious: Lonewolf.

Hahaha.

Stuff

As long as you don't take a town flip from me to mean leaf is town we are good.

It is way to late here so coherency is most likely low.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile

You can't believe you just got what, Cript?

Unvote. Lonewolf is making plenty of sense, and it was really just an attention-grabbing vote anyway.

Ottofar. Spouting random accusations and then giving an explanation that is no explanation at all is just plain scummy. I'm not entirely sure about the implications on Azure, though. Otto's actions smell of buddying to me, and lazy buddying at that.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

spitfire684

• Bay Watcher
  • I pity the weak.
    • View Profile

Pimpson will be reciving a prod.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You can't believe you just got what, Cript?

Its a joke. Lonewolf. Wolf. Wooooooolf. hehehe.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile

I saw the joke, I wasn't sure what you were referring to. Whatever, it doesn't matter.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Cript:  Leaf couldn't have been chainsaw defending Nuke, since Nuke was town.  That kills that part of your argument.  I'm having trouble finding the rest of your argument against him- could you either point it out or summarize for me?  What I see is that you think the wolves picked one of you or Leaf, and since you say you're town, that means they hit Leaf, who must be mafia.  That's speculative at best- is there something I'm missing?

Also, throwing out the "prove me wrong" line is a sign that you don't actually have an argument.

Blarg:  Still waiting for suspicions.  Otto's too easy- what else do you have?

And speaking of Otto: Your new "reasons" are even crappier.  See my message to cript on how Leaf wasn't chainsawing, and your appeal to authority is pathetic.  Do some real work.

Azure:  Welcome!  You're responding well to people attacking you, but the only original attack I see out of you is a finger point to GeneralGuy.  Do you have any solid leads for us?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Azure Sepulchre

• Bay Watcher
  • Y'all have knocked her up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 18, 2010, 10:38:38 am »

if either of those two are scum, it's Leafsnail.

Unvote.

Didn't see that earlier. My bad, Otto. But considering webadict didn't really elaborate on this proclamation, what exactly prompted you to put any faith in it? In this instance, I have to agree with Lonewolf; give us some original analysis instead of quoting nonsensical attacks, and then we'll see what's what - until then, I will postpone judgement on you. After all, there's always the slight chance you're not scum. Maybe you're just an idiot instead.

Are you really saying he was not scummy? Really?

About as scummy as you appeared to be when you wouldn't stop harassing him. Take that how you will.

I am not attacking him for not being here, I am attacking him for budding and otto is saying he is scum.

Way to miss my point, sirrah. If he didn't feel involved in the game, so he just did whatever he felt like doing at the time. If he didn't give a damn about what happened as a result of his actions, then he was inevitably going to appear scummy.

Huh; strange. Does that remind you of anyone, Criptfeind? At least web had an excuse; he didn't care, and he made that quite clear before he left. On the other hand, what's yours? And don't start with the whole 'confidence' yarn again; there's a marked difference between being self-assured and being arrogant.

His slavish devotion to Azuradict Webulchre is not helping his case in the slightest.  I believe we have found ourselves scum, though I can't say for certain what side he's on.

Must say, I got a good chuckle out of that. On the other hand, it also sounded like someone else was trying to rope me in with Otto, which I didn't find particularly chuckle-worthy at all.

'Slavish devotion' is a rather steep indulgence in a bit of hyperbole, wouldn't you say? At best, it's a flimsy defence thrown up to justify an unwarranted attack. At worst, Otto is scum trying to drag down a townie with him. At the moment, I'm half and half. If he offers no retort, I'll likely switch back to him. Cript, on the other hand, is either scum trying to hide in plain sight - wolf or mafia, both fit - or a townie who is so bad at being a townie he may as well put a stick in his back trousers, contract rabies and run around biting everyone in town.

Azure:  Welcome!  You're responding well to people attacking you, but the only original attack I see out of you is a finger point to GeneralGuy.  Do you have any solid leads for us?

I'm sorry; nothing solid. But, then again, who out of us all does? All we really have at this stage is Cript raving at Otto for being stupid, and pretty much everyone else lurking or watching with semi-detached interest. Heh. In fact, if you replace only one of the names in that previous line, you'd also have the last round in a nutshell. Weird, huh? >.>

As for GeneralGuy... it would be in poor taste to attack a man who's just quit - although I daresay his departure was most... fortuitous, considering it occurs just when he comes under suspicion. Criptfeind, in my humble opinion, is of no use; he launches into people at the slightest provocation and doesn't appear to stop until they're quite, quite dead, then runs off to attack the next person unfortunate enough to enter his line of sight. Otto... is scum, isn't trying, or is an idiot. Or perhaps two of those. Or maybe even all three.

As for anyone else? God knows. How about you, Toaster? I see you still have a vote on Cript, but he can't be your only choice, can he?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 10:40:23 am by Azure Sepulchre »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

That's better.  Minor request- could you attribute your quotes?  That makes it a bit easier to follow your post.

Anyway, my suspicion list is pretty much the bold names in my last post, except you've posted content now.  You're off my list for the time being.

My vote on Cript stands for reasons that should be obvious in my other posts.  Ottofar's awful posts make him very suspicious, though he could be playing terrible town.  Blarg looks unwilling to do original hunting.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 18, 2010, 01:23:29 pm »

About as scummy as you appeared to be when you wouldn't stop harassing him. Take that how you will.

That is a paradox. I am scummy because I attack him which makes him scummy which makes me not scummy ect ect ect...

It sounds good and dramatic but you are saying nothing.
Unless you are saying it is scummy to attack scummy people. Is that what you are saying?

Way to miss my point, sirrah. If he didn't feel involved in the game, so he just did whatever he felt like doing at the time. If he didn't give a damn about what happened as a result of his actions, then he was inevitably going to appear scummy.

No just no. Don't insult Web.

He knows how this game works, he is a leader and "the king of the mafia" his quantity may go down because he has no computer but he is not going to "do whatever he feels like doing at the time."

Huh; strange. Does that remind you of anyone, Criptfeind? At least web had an excuse; he didn't care, and he made that quite clear before he left. On the other hand, what's yours? And don't start with the whole 'confidence' yarn again; there's a marked difference between being self-assured and being arrogant.

What? My excuse for what? Not playing the game? I am playing.

And arrogant? Where am I being arrogant, the only one here that is arrogant is you.

he launches into people at the slightest provocation and doesn't appear to stop until they're quite, quite dead, then runs off to attack the next person unfortunate enough to enter his line of sight.

Quote or it did not happen.

Nuke died. I wanted leaf to die.

I have not latched on to anyone until they are dead.

spitfire684

• Bay Watcher
  • I pity the weak.
    • View Profile

Eduren will be replacing GeneralGuy. Hopefully no more replacements will be needed, but I think thats being optimistic.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 29