Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 29

Author Topic: Monks and Masons Mafia - END! Wolves win!  (Read 27718 times)

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Unvote

The best way to test this theory is, of course, to see you lynched.  Wouldn't want an innocent Leaf to die just because you made a mistake.

Criptfeind

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Cript, you're calling Otto wolf because he voted Leaf and FoSed you with no content?  I can see you voting him to get an answer, calling him scummy for doing that, or even calling him scum... but why so specific on wolf?  You're accusing him strongly, but never saying why.  I think I know why you are, but don't make everyone guess- give us your reason.  Further, you're going far out on what you're saying the wolves "will" do.  There's only one way you know for sure what they will do, and that's if you are one.

I'm going to have to vote criptfeind until you can explain yourself convincingly.

Blarg:  That's an interesting summary of events, but you don't list suspicions.  Can we hear them?

In other news:

Leafsnail:   Ottofar
Criptfeind:   Leafsnail, Lonewolf, Toaster
Outtofar:   Criptfeind
Lonewolf:   Blargityblarg

If your name isn't there, you're not voting/being voted on.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am here, but I really don't have much more to say than that for the moment. I hate mass replaces, they throw me off - but I have yet to be on this game, so whatever.

Personally, I think 3 of these 4 of you are scum (Leaf/Cript/Wolf/Otto). But I've no idea which of you is the townie, so...

Man, Ottofar ? He posts votes with no content, sticks around long enough to NOT post an explanation and instead say he'll post it tomorrow. But there's not much we can do here but wait in that case - it better be a damned good explanation though.

Personally, I think at LEAST one of Leaf/Criptfiend is scum. And in this case, it feels like Lonewolf is going through a lot of effort to make it seem like he suspects leaf without actually having any intention of voting for him. Plus he's making comments like:
Wouldn't want an innocent Leaf to die just because you made a mistake.

Blatant buddying? And noone gets lynched off a single person's mistake, and if he dies from a nightkill I still don't see how this would make any sense. Hell, Cript doesn't even sound like he WANTS leaf lynched anymore since he thinks leaf will die in the night.

So what, exactly, are you talking about?

Anyways, I think Cript and Wolf are both mafia, but I suspect Wolf more at this point - his arguments are usually tight, but in this thread they seem a bit more... gamey, as if he's thinking things through from a scum POV, and I want an explanation as to what he meant with that last post, which seems very unlike him.

spitfire684

• Bay Watcher
  • I pity the weak.
    • View Profile

Votecount, Now in technicolour!
1. webadict
2. GlyphGryph

3. Leafsnail [1] - Ottofar
4. GeneralGuy
5. Blargityblarg

6. Lonewolf I [2] - Blargityblarg, GlyphGryph
7. Criptfeind [3] - Leafsnail, Lonewolf I, Toaster
8. Pimpson
9. Ottofar [1] - Criptfeind
10. Toaster
Not voting: webadict, GeneralGuy, Pimpson.
EDIT: In other news, Azure Sepulchre will be replacing webadict.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 11:19:40 am by spitfire684 »

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wouldn't want an innocent Leaf to die just because you made a mistake.

Blatant buddying? And noone gets lynched off a single person's mistake, and if he dies from a nightkill I still don't see how this would make any sense. Hell, Cript doesn't even sound like he WANTS leaf lynched anymore since he thinks leaf will die in the night.

So what, exactly, are you talking about?

Like I said, this is all speculation at this point.  I'm going after Criptfiend because he was the first to say something suspicious in response to my analysis.  I'll be the first to admit that it's pretty far fetch'd and I could very well be overanalysing Cript's choice of words.

It wouldn't take much for me to drop my accusations of both of them, but since my theory hinges on them being scum on opposite teams, and their alignment is indeterminate if I'm wrong, I'm going to push the one who seems to be confirming it.  What I'm not going to do is push for a lynch on the guy who's implicated by my theory but has yet to slip up and provide proof that it's correct.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Unless you and your scumbuddy were the ones to target Leaf, there is absolutely no way you can be sure that Leaf was the one targeted.

I don't know that he was targeted. I think that he was because I think he is scum, his and my attacks were basically the main part of yesterday, I believe that at lest one of us would have been targeted. It is intuition and gut.

Either one of them could have been hit

Flavor texts says mafia was hit.

we have no reason to believe that the one who was received a PM informing them of this fact.  If Leaf is mafia, and you are not werewolf, then there's only a 50/50 chance he will die tonight since his scumbuddy may have been the one to take the blow.

The scum teams only get one block to share, not one for each member.

Your certainty that Leaf is doomed and your belief that he knows that he's doomed indicates that you are a werewolf, that you targeted Leaf last night, and that Leaf is therefore mafia.

Let me tell you a story.

Once upon a time a young criptfeind was playing a game of mafia. He wanted to be correct in everything he said and so he only used I think, I believe, ect... he was lynched because the scum said that he was not forceful enough and must not be used to lying as scum.

So ya. True story. I have learned that I must be confident in everything I do.

The best way to test this theory is, of course, to see you lynched.  Wouldn't want an innocent Leaf to die just because you made a mistake.

If I die today do not dismiss my arguments because I am town. (Wow how often do you have to say that?)

but why so specific on wolf?

Leaf is mafia. Otto is scum. Otto is not on leafs team. Otto is wolf.

give us your reason.

Alright.

Day one.
Nuke comes out all weird and everyone starts voting him, Leaf comes out with the chainsaws and lies and glahven. At this point I think they are both on a scum team. My plan for this day is to lynch leaf and try to convince the other scum team to kill nuke. Wuba is a buddier, fuck him.

Night one.
Oh no nuke is town, I think long and hard on this and decide that it does not clear leaf. Hurts my argument but still he is probably scum. Than we walk up and joker has been killed by the mafia and the wolfs have hit a mafia. This is almost what I was expecting with leaf as scum and therefor makes me even more suspicious of him. I was hoping the scum kill him (and it looks like they tried) and I thought that leaf would not kill me because it would basically get him confirmed as scum so jokerman was killed.

Day two.
At this point I am thinking leaf must be mafia and than wuba looks weird to me, maybe wolf. Sadly wuba is gone so I cant attack him. But that does mean that the other wolf is on their own and behold as otto makes a stupid mistake by attacking leaf thus outing himself as wolf to me. He may yet change my mind if he has good reasons but the longer it takes him to do 'more later' the longer I think he is building a case just to defend himself.

In conclusion I think the scum are:

Mafia:
Leaf
??
Wolf:
Otto
Azure Sepulchre

But I need to see what Azure says.

It is a lot of little things and a dash of gut that just happen to add up to leaf and otto (and maybe Azure) being scum.

Further, you're going far out on what you're saying the wolves "will" do.  There's only one way you know for sure what they will do, and that's if you are one.

It is statically better for the wolfs to kill the mafia, it may help the town but it helps the wolfs a lot more.

I think Cript is mafia

Can you say why?

I am sorry but like half the people in the game so far have at one point or another said "Cript looks iffy to me..." but without saying why and it is starting to bug me.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
Re: Monks and Masons Mafia - Day 2: When two tribes go to war...
« Reply #216 on: June 17, 2010, 01:26:54 pm »

Nope. I'm town.

Both:You both ignored "blatantly obvscum" people there, and chainsawed. Hypocricy all the way.
My vote got on Leaf, coz webadict sez so.

Let's see what happens.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 17, 2010, 01:31:52 pm »

My vote got on Leaf, coz webadict sez so.

wuba looks weird to me, maybe wolf. Sadly wuba is gone so I cant attack him. But that does mean that the other wolf is on their own and behold as otto makes a stupid mistake by attacking leaf thus outing himself as wolf to me.

So other than you claiming to be town you are confirming my suspicions of you and weba?

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 17, 2010, 01:33:27 pm »

Very well.  I am satisfied.  Unvote

The only issue I have with your argument is that if Leaf is mafia he has no way of knowing that he is the one who got attacked, which means that your belief that he is going out in a blaze of glory and trying to take out a few townies with him is bunk.  There's a 50/50 chance he'll die because his scumbuddy might be the one who got targetted, and thus the one who will die.

It will be unclear until tomorrow morning whether you're right, and werewolves believe Leaf is mafia based on your fight, or we're wrong, and werewolves hit someone else entirely, who may or may not be Leaf's buddy.

Ottofar - 'coz webadict sez so' is hardly an acceptable explanation.  Did you just admit that Azure Sepulchre is your werewolfbuddy?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 17, 2010, 01:37:06 pm »

Ah yes, I do see what you are saying. Good point.

Azure Sepulchre

• Bay Watcher
  • Y'all have knocked her up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 17, 2010, 02:10:53 pm »

Why do people think criptfeind/Leafsnail argument somehow makes one of the two scum? They're arguing about stupid crap, but there are other scummier people.

...and just how in the hell does this get translated into 'Kill Leafsnail NAO!', eh? If you're gonna try and take someone down with you, at least build yourself a case first.

As for Cript and Wolf, how precisely does the almost childish testimony of a mad dog construe to make me his unwitting sidekick?

Aside from Ottofar (for reasons I imagine are fairly obvious), the only other person I'm willing to bet on is GeneralGuy, due to the curious nature surrounding the death of Jokerman. The only man to vote for him in the last round, and suddenly he's picked off 'at random'? Not to mention the fact that he hasn't even regarded the oddly convenient coincidence since.

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 17, 2010, 02:37:29 pm »

Why do people think criptfeind/Leafsnail argument somehow makes one of the two scum? They're arguing about stupid crap, but there are other scummier people.

...and just how in the hell does this get translated into 'Kill Leafsnail NAO!', eh? If you're gonna try and take someone down with you, at least build yourself a case first.

Is it just me, or did you just attack the guy you replaced?
(Humorous observation.  Probably wrong.  Don't worry about answering.)

Anyway, there are no unwitting sidekicks in this, unless a buddying operation succeeds.  Ottofar's either conducting a smear operation, made a scumbuddy slip, or he thinks an Appeal to Authority is a legitimate argument.  That or the brevity of his recent posts means he's trying to play Org.

GeneralGuy, why would you kill Jokerman just for voting you?

I asked this in jest, but the humour is now gone.  GeneralGuy, cease with the lurking and give us some analysis.

GeneralGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • lurky lurk lurk
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 17, 2010, 02:41:33 pm »

Alright, schoolin's almost over, and with that comes finals. Sorry guys, gotta request replacement.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 17, 2010, 02:51:33 pm »

As for Cript and Wolf, how precisely does the almost childish testimony of a mad dog construe to make me his unwitting sidekick?

Web was scummy, you inherited his role. Prove me wrong.

A quick bus is not really helping.

Man we got a lot of lurkers here...

Azure Sepulchre

• Bay Watcher
  • Y'all have knocked her up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 17, 2010, 03:47:23 pm »

Web was scummy, you inherited his role. Prove me wrong.

Pfft; quite the nerve on you to say I should prove my innocence to you of all people, considering your own situation. Hell, by your own words Nuke had acted quite 'scummy', too, so you'll have to forgive me if I don't put too much stock in your intuition. 

As far as webadict is concerned, he even commented that he was 'elsewhere' this game. Ergo, if he appeared distant and 'scummy' during the game, I can attribute it to the fact that he never really considered himself in it for the vast majority. To declare me scum based on the way my predecessor played is nothing but a load of baseless conjecture. Or, in other words, typical of you so far.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 29