Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 29

Author Topic: Monks and Masons Mafia - END! Wolves win!  (Read 27622 times)

Martian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Monks and Masons Mafia Day 1: So it Begins.
« Reply #75 on: June 03, 2010, 12:27:09 am »

While we wait, I will ask Martian why he wanted a votecount this early on.
To not vote for someone already voted for in the random voting. I'm lazy. ;-)

Are you actually serious about this, Martian?  There are only scumteams of 2 in this game and they'd try and line up a bus on each other this early on day one?
I may have misphrased myself. I meant bussing as in trying to put a lot of distance between themselves, not necessarily through lynching each other. But, webaddict may have judged Nuke to have made an irrepable mistake and didn't want to get dragged down. Or not. Still, worth looking into D2.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 03, 2010, 12:46:08 am »

And what's wrong with that, Toaster?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 03, 2010, 02:41:34 am »

Random vote stage is over; you are quite welcome. Gods, I hate RVS.

Nuke9.13 has been acting strangely. Over-reacting to a random vote and one of his posts does hint a bit at knowing who's town and who's not. Then there's the editing of webadict's post, which was odd, though it seems more like a joke to me.

Though what strikes me as different from usual d1 scumminess is that he reacted badly to a vote by me for another player. That has pairing written all over it, though with masons and monks that's not necessarily a scumtell. (Though any mason/monk doing it so obviously is painting a big red bullseye on their head) However, his voting for me takes it a bit further. I think he misjudged the situation, and thought it was a good opportunity to get a townie lynched.

Another thing I've noticed, webadict has been really on Nuke's case. He immediately jumped on him when given the chance. I smell bussing.

I'll throw out a vote for Nuke9.13 and a FoS: webadict.
This is a fair attack. I judge it to be the mark of someone who is not quite sure what I am doing, not scum jumping on a townie acting a little off.
Unfortunately, every post (by me) that has preceded this one has been an attempt to stir up the game and the RVS. My apologies; all future posts will be serious unless specifically mentioned.
Also, webadict is not and has not been bussing me. To bus, it would have to seem like player A actually thinks that player B is scum.

Unvote.

[See above]

Are you actually serious about this, Martian?  There are only scumteams of 2 in this game and they'd try and line up a bus on each other this early on day one?
Jumping on the new player, eh? Interesting choice. Yes; he is wrong about the bussing. But is that really voteworthy? Hmm.

You basically vote whoever (preferably someone with no votes on them.) and ask them a question. We do this to gauge reactions and build up meta for later use in the game.
Simple enough, thanks. I've played quite a bit, but where I do we don't start with random voting.

Jokerman-EXE, for having a name resembling a trojan.
Um, what the fuck, Martian? That is not a reason to vote someone. That is just the guy's name.
Kinda why it's called the random voting stage. But are you acting seriously though?
Yeah, RANDOM vote stage, not REASONLESS vote stage.
Why are you acting so defensive, anyway?

Random and reasonless kinda go hand in hand until reasons start showing up. 
They do? Gosh!
Learn to intelligent, friend.
Why are you so jumpy and aggressive?
Ending RVS.
Cut it out with the pathetic soft attack. It is scummy.

ha ha ha...

Unvote

Nuke9.13 what was that?

Leafsnail why you go and ignore the blatantly obvscum and attack his attacker on the fact that they got one point out of a plethora of points wrong?
I, um, what?
Leafsnail is right; if you think I am blatant obvscum, why are you not voting for me?

I am great at completely ignoring the issues, also I am a hypocrite.
Yup yup.

Because what would my vote on him do?
I have no questions for him that have not been asked. So I attack and therefor vote you because I want to see what you are doing and what will come up. Came up you are scum, hell you did not even answer the question.
Oh, I dont know, GET ME LYNCHED? Holy crap, what do you think this is, a tea party? MAFIA 101: LYNCH SCUM.
Your behaviour is vexing!

Unvote.

Criptfiend.

Long Live United Forenia!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 03, 2010, 07:21:38 am »

Crap, I thought I'd dropped for this.

Well, a commitment is a commitment - I'll do what I can. I probably won't be able to get online as often as most of you, or say as much wjen I do, but I'll try to make it count.

Anyways, no time to do more than skim the thread now, have to get to work. I'll see if I can get a chance to catch up on lunch break.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 03, 2010, 07:22:24 am »

Also, if you want to put me up for replace in hopes of getting a more active player, thats fine - I'll still do what I can play wise until said replace happens.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 03, 2010, 08:40:55 am »

And what's wrong with that, Toaster?

Nothing, really.  I wanted to know what his answer would be.  It's a legit one, as far as I am concerned.

Nuke:
Unvote.

[See above]

Jumping on the new player, eh? Interesting choice. Yes; he is wrong about the bussing. But is that really voteworthy? Hmm.

Didn't you jump on him too?  You claimed that your actions prior to this post are just to stir real discussion, but they're still your actions.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 03, 2010, 09:08:21 am »

Nuke:
Unvote.

[See above]

Didn't you jump on him too?  You claimed that your actions prior to this post are just to stir real discussion, but they're still your actions.
Are you suggesting that leafsnail was still mentally in the RVS when he voted for martian? If you are, you are wrong, he was clearly serious.
Long Live United Forenia!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 03, 2010, 10:01:19 am »

I think Toaster confused you with voting for Martian.

And way to make a passive attack against me while downplaying others that passive attack against you.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 03, 2010, 11:28:53 am »

I'm talking about reply #60.  Also, I can't speak for Leaf's motives on his vote.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

spitfire684

• Bay Watcher
  • I pity the weak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 03, 2010, 01:09:20 pm »

@GlyphGryph If you think you can't keep up, tell me if you want to be replaced. I will bear in mind what you say and if you do go inactive I won't prod but I will find a replace instead, but it will not count as a forced replace. That sound alright?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 03, 2010, 04:57:35 pm »

GRARGH GODDAMNED SMF FORUM RAAAAAGE

My beautiful post! All gone! :weeps:

I don't have time to rewrite it, try to summarize quick. Only have a few minutes.

Answer to question:
I think webadict would be most dangerous as scum.

Ponderings on structure of game:
Wondered, since the scum groups would (or should) be primarily gunning for each other at this point, if it might not be best for monk/masons to claim, and thus make them more likely to survive (since I'm pretty sure at least one of each group is town, this works out in towns favour). Probably thinking about it wrong.

Also commented it might be hard to find scum at first, since they have REAL scum they can and want to go after, so they'll be able to naturally act town.

Player Analysis
Anyways, then I was all like Cryptfiend and asked him WHY he thought "finding scumpartners" was more important at this point in the game than pressuring someone you think is scum (and ushering in the moment when they break scum or town).

I also wrote a jokey bit about my predictions for the end of the game, which wasn't really relevent.

BLAH I SAY

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 04, 2010, 08:14:40 am »

Glyphgryph, you may be right about that Mason/Monk claim, since they are just as likely to defend that partner and look scummy as scum might. The only downside is that if both Masons or Monks are Town, we've got two good targets. However, I believe there is at least one scum among them, if not two.

If you're willing to deal with the WIFOM of living Monks and Masons, that is. It effectively turns us into a mountainous with two scum groups, and the scum will have likely targets and potentially kill the other scum.

It seems good on paper, as long as we lynch from the non-Mason/Monks today.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 04, 2010, 09:54:14 am »

Spitfire:  Requesting prod on Pimpson.  He hasn't posted once.

Jokerman:  What do you think of cript's actions?

cript:  Since you're so sure you've found two scum now, do you plan to leave your vote on Leaf, go back to Nuke, or find more scum?  Your attack on Nuke smells of "me too" attacking.

On having monks/masons come out- I'm torn.  On the one hand, claiming this early lets the town study their actions to make sure the story stands up, but it also gives the scum teams more information.  I'd like to hear more opinions on that before pushing for a claim.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 04, 2010, 10:06:12 am »

Pimpson is sick with mono, give him the rest of the day to get on and post.

In watching the Leafsnail/cript exchange, I feel more inclined to follow Leafy's reasoning. Cript's statements are full of holes.

Ehhhh, I'm not much for a claim D1.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Pimpson

• Bay Watcher
  • All i do is slap hoes and slam cadillac doors.
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #89 on: June 04, 2010, 11:37:19 am »

Im not sure what a prod is, but i dont believe i want one. here i be.
There are 3 ninjas in this signature. try and find them.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 29