Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 29

Author Topic: Monks and Masons Mafia - END! Wolves win!  (Read 27640 times)

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile

Leafsnail

Also Criptfeind.

spitfire684

• Bay Watcher
  • I pity the weak.
    • View Profile

Yeah sorry for not mentioning those rules earlier.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Leafsnail

Also Criptfeind.

Okay.

Well. Than.

Why?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Blarg:  You've posted twice, but with no actual content.  What are your views of the game as it stands now?  Please include (but do not limit your answer to) the Leaf/Cript argument of D1.

Otto, you can do better than that.

Leaf:  Waiting on your answer.

Pimpson and GlyphGryph have yet to post.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile

Don't have access to computer before tomorrow, hope you don't mind if I'll tell you then?

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile

Just popping in before school, Toaster. Keep in mind that I've only been in the game today, so I can't have posted too much. I'll give a full rundown in maybe eight hours.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

Lonewolf, that's a pretty weak attack on me.  Got anything with teeth?

Criptfeind, Leafsnail:  Have the preceding events changed your suspicions of each other?

I read back over that argument, and still think it was stupid.
Nope.  Criptfeind is just as obvious as ever.

Ottofar is just... woah.

And remember, two people will be excessively fixated on lynching someone (since they know he's mafia).  Watch out for them.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Leafy? Did you really just admit to being mafia?

That's now how you play the game.

So if Leaf is mob and Otto is wolf that only leaves one of each right?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also Ottofar you had better come up with a damn good response.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

Leafy? Did you really just admit to being mafia?
If you think I did, guess what alignment that would make you :P.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you think I did, guess what alignment that would make you :P.

Town?

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile

Okay, promised rundown.

The Leafy/Cript argument was spawned originally by Nuke's overreaction to one of my predecessor's posts. I'm coming to expect such things from Nuke, as he appears to hate RVS with a passion and does anything to end it.

Cript being in the middle of the 'main' argument is also unsurprising; he seems to always be in them. However, I don't remember seeing him play as scum, so that's not really an indicator.

Leafy I have no experience with. His arguments seemed to make sense, and he hasn't raised my suspicion.

Web isn't posting very much (hopefully we'll get a third replace soon), and what he is posting doesn't seem too suspicious to me. However, I tend to have a weird irrational reaction to try to kill off Wuba because my brain equates 'good at Mafia' to 'CLEARLY DANGEROUS, GET HIM LYNCHED', regardless of whether he's Town or not.

Aaand I've run out of time to finish this post, thanks to procrastination, dinner and homework.

Vote Lonewolf: How do these deaths affect your view of the Leafy/Cript debate?
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Vote Lonewolf: How do these deaths affect your view of the Leafy/Cript debate?

They really don't.  Jokerman's death is likely due to his experience, and Cript's hammering of NUKE is easily explained as self-defense.  I see the debate as two town sniping one another, although if I had to call one or the other scum, I'd go with Leaf, as his arguments have been slightly less calm, collected, and, most importantly, rational.  Not by much, though.

Unvote

Ottofar's vote, on the other hand...
As Leaf said, two people will be inordinately focused on lynching one.  Criptfiend and  Ottofar as werewolves I can see.  If they hit Leafsnail last night then Criptfiend could continue his attack with little suspicion, and Ottofar could quietly back him up.  Furthermore, I can see a Leaf/??? Mafia team hitting Jokerman as the most experienced player and their biggest threat (what with Webadict and Pandarsenic subbing out).  It could be the other way around, in which case Leaf's wolfbuddy will wait until later and quietly add his vote to Cript, making Otto's vote poorly executed happenstance.

This is all speculation right now, but I would like to hear from you three why I'm wrong.

spitfire - Votecount Please

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You are wrong because I don't want us to lynch leaf today.

I wish for otto to be lynched.

What I believe happened was wolfs saw leaf as scum in my attacks on him so they targeted him last night. Now leaf is going to die tonight because the wolfs will kill him.

The wolfs want us to kill him so that they can target someone else, but logically they will kill leaf if they must tonight.

Therefor they will try to lynch leaf.

Leaf knows he is going to die so he can do a all out attack on a Towny and not have to face suspicion tomorrow.

Otto is most likely wolf. Leaf is mafia.

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Leaf knows he is going to die so he can do a all out attack on a Towny and not have to face suspicion tomorrow.

And for this I move from speculation to suspicion.  Unless you and your scumbuddy were the ones to target Leaf, there is absolutely no way you can be sure that Leaf was the one targeted.  Remember, there are two mafia.  Either one of them could have been hit, and we have no reason to believe that the one who was received a PM informing them of this fact.  If Leaf is mafia, and you are not werewolf, then there's only a 50/50 chance he will die tonight since his scumbuddy may have been the one to take the blow.

Your certainty that Leaf is doomed and your belief that he knows that he's doomed indicates that you are a werewolf, that you targeted Leaf last night, and that Leaf is therefore mafia.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 29