Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Nuclear Fusion Discovered  (Read 5001 times)

kuro_suna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nuclear Fusion Discovered
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2010, 09:19:40 pm »

Another magnificent discovery by our dear leader to put in his underground lab!  Now he has something capable of powering his iron man suit with which he shall singlehandedly crush the evil westerners.

Spoiler: Proof (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2010, 09:22:03 pm »

So Nixonbot vs. Supereme Ruler Man?

We need a video of this man.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2010, 09:25:10 pm »

They solved a great many scientific and technological problems entirely by their own efforts without the slightest hesitation and vacillation even under the conditions where everything was in short supply and there were a lot of difficulties, thus succeeding in nuclear fusion reaction at last.

Engrish or not, the word choice there is excellent. Look, world! North Korea did 'Artificial Solar' fusions all by itself! There were a lot of difficulties! No vacillation even!

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2010, 09:26:33 pm »

That's not google translate.  I wonder which engine they used?  Google doesn't use words like vacillation.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Jude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2010, 11:50:19 pm »

Is it bad that the only reason I know nuclear fusion is a big deal is that someone would make a thread about discovering it?
Quote from: Raphite1
I once started with a dwarf that was "belarded by great hanging sacks of fat."

Oh Jesus

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 17, 2010, 12:10:03 am »

Well, Nuclear power plant is old hat to first world nations.

Its like the poor kid who just got a PS1, and is super excited by it. It just so happen he mentally disable plans to attach a large stick to it, and go wreck havoc on anyone he can get his hands on.

The reactor possiblity is old hat, its what that can be done with it is the worrying part.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2010, 12:16:23 am »

Really though the thing I find the most funny about stuff like this the details that people will complain about while still accepting the whole. Its like complaining about Darth Vader's exposed chest panel while completely ignoring the fact that we're talking about a 9 foot tall cyborg quadriplegic with magic powers who wields a sword made out of a laser.
It's one thing to accept a world that works based on different mechanics to our own, it's entirely another to accept logical flaws within said world.
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2010, 12:31:48 am »

I'd like to take this opportunity to break out from my steriotypical stupidity, to declare a lot of people here wrong.

If Nuclear Fusion is discovered, it's a big thing. Nobody has done it yet. In fact, the only place where anyone can testiment to it being done, is the sun. Nuclear Fusion is a way of releasing massive amounts of energy through fusing together atoms, in most cases, hydrogen. If it were ever developed, it'd be cheap, it'd be safer (technically), and it wouldn't have any gigantic evil after-products like plutonium. It'd have steam or some shit. Or helium or something. Whatever.

The things that most first world countries consider "old hat" is nuclear Fission. This releases massive amounts of energy by breaking down atoms, which is why radioactive or unstable atoms need to be used, because it's easier to induce fission. That's why we use enriched Uranium in our power plants. Fission. That's also why the plants have plutonium as a waste product, because it is no longer unstable enough to carry a proper reaction.

On that note: I hate nuclear physics.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2010, 12:34:44 am »

Beh, my bad. I get that mix up semi frequently. With that instill again, its even  more full of crap.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2010, 12:35:47 am »

Pure Propoganda , the North Koreans are aready Fu*king Idiotic and keeps sending out propoganda , so why the hell should i believe North Korea Has Nuclear Fusion?

Its compelete bullcrap , thats the word.

also , Hydrogen Bombs are aready discovered in the cold war , 10 times stronger then a nuclear bomb

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2010, 12:41:26 am »

I was wondering about that one, but I didn't know if they were splitting or fusing the atoms.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2010, 12:42:26 am »

Immortal President Kim Il Sung came down from heaven on his sky whale today and delivered the blueprints to an antimatter reactor.

The sky whale thing is serious, though. They actually believe that shit.

kuro_suna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2010, 12:44:41 am »

If Nuclear Fusion is discovered, it's a big thing. Nobody has done it yet. In fact, the only place where anyone can testiment to it being done, is the sun.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokamak

The only problem is that generating and confining the plasma takes more energy than it produces.

The tokamak is one of several types of magnetic confinement devices, and is one of the most-researched candidates for producing controlled thermonuclear fusion power. Magnetic fields are used for confinement since no solid material could withstand the extremely high temperature of the plasma. An alternative to the tokamak is the stellarator.

Tokamaks were invented in the 1950s by Soviet physicists Igor Tamm and Andrei Sakharov, inspired by an original idea of Oleg Lavrentyev[1].

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 17, 2010, 01:02:14 am »

also , Hydrogen Bombs are aready discovered in the cold war , 10 times stronger then a nuclear bomb

This will make me feel better when North Korea hits me with a nuclear bomb.

"Well, at least our bombs are stronger".
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #59 on: May 17, 2010, 01:06:51 am »

This will make me feel better when North Korea hits me with a nuclear bomb.

"Well, at least our bombs are stronger".
Unless you're squatting in new york, DC, London or any other major city you're basically fine.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6