Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Nuclear Fusion Discovered  (Read 5003 times)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: Nuclear Fusion Discovered
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2010, 05:20:46 pm »

This just in: Kim Il Sung invented the automobile while traveling to the Moon.  Son Kim Il Jong expresses jealousy, quoted as saying, "Oh yeah, Dad?  Well I'll show you!  We'll have all the energy we can ever use, and we won't let anyone see it!"
Thus on his Birthday on this fateful year he journeyed down into the depths of the oceans to confront the Squid Empire, who had been corrupting the minds of his people with the lies of Democracy. While battling them he came up with the entire scientific knowledge to make such technology possible.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2010, 05:27:55 pm »

Where have you been, they've been doing tests for a few years now and the international community is going crazy trying to make them stop.
I've only heard of 2 tests which no one actually saw or could confirm. I know they claim to have bombs but then again they claim to have Fusion.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2010, 05:35:32 pm »

Also how to make your own fusion reactor for under $20,000
http://www.brian-mcdermott.com/what_it_takes.htm

You overshot by an order of magnitude. The site claims you can build it for less then 2000. I'd hapharzadly guess you can push it even lower using a homemade polywell. Even Z-pinch should be doable within a reasonable budget for a lab (probably less then an electron microscope for a simple setup and we've got like 4 or 5 of them on the faculty)

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2010, 05:46:12 pm »

Tony Stark made a new element in 50 minutes using stuff in his garage.

North Korea is probably not far behind.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2010, 06:24:17 pm »

Saw Iron Man 2 aswell, I see.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2010, 07:20:02 pm »

Tony Stark made a new element in 50 minutes using stuff in his garage.
Haven't watched that yet. That sounds... bad, though, to anyone who knows science is spelled with two C's...
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2010, 07:21:09 pm »

It took him longer than 50 minutes.

And technically, somebody else discovers it for him but squirrels it away for 30 years.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2010, 07:24:33 pm »

It took him longer than 50 minutes.

And technically, somebody else discovers it for him but squirrels it away for 30 years.
phew
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2010, 07:26:04 pm »

Wasn't too far removed from him designing a megapowered suit while being held hostage by Al Qaeda.

Or any other comic-book tale.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2010, 07:31:40 pm »

Or the fluid shock of being smacked around like an armored piņata.  I don't care if your helmet is off or on, you are going to die if you get thrown that far into walls.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2010, 07:36:58 pm »

I, for one, am glad to see that our glorious leader Kim Jong-il discovered nuclear fusion.  As he did, a crane came down from the heavens and flashed him the Metal Horns.  They both stuck out their tongues and ululated in joy at their discovery.  Shortly thereafter Steve Austin came by on a motorcycle and they went and got pizza.  Overall, it was a good day for Kim.
Shoes...

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2010, 07:41:29 pm »

Comeon, cut Tony some slack.  He's freaking Iron Man after all.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2010, 07:42:44 pm »

I, for one, am glad to see that our glorious leader Kim Jong-il discovered nuclear fusion.  As he did, a crane came down from the heavens and flashed him the Metal Horns.  They both stuck out their tongues and ululated in joy at their discovery.  Shortly thereafter Steve Austin came by on a motorcycle and they went and got pizza.  Overall, it was a good day for Kim.
They arranged for an icecream trip tomorrow. Truly this is a wonderful day for the glory of Korea.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2010, 07:46:45 pm »

Sorry, I'm not a damn commie.  I'll take my selfish, capitalist, American ass out of this thread now, to avoid associating with the reds.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 07:49:47 pm by zchris13 »
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2010, 07:48:28 pm »

Kim Il Sung has been ecstatic lately. He invented nuclear fusion recently. He enjoyed a truly decadent meal.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6