Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 32

Author Topic: Shallow Space(a card based ship combat game)  (Read 24625 times)

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Meta Knight... 0_o
    • View Profile
Re: Shallow Space(a card based ship combat game)
« Reply #330 on: May 24, 2010, 02:03:59 pm »

indeed. and let's annoy oglokoog, the traitor.
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: May 24, 2010, 02:11:01 pm »

boooo! ogodogolok the unspellable traitor!

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
  • Never think twice. Or at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: May 24, 2010, 02:30:06 pm »

Being on this floating deathtrap afraids me. I run to the teleporter, send my access codes to the Enigma, and teleport back in.
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.
"Sometimes being a dwarf has it's advantages, KNEE-CAPPING TIME!"

Oglokoog

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERNET_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: May 24, 2010, 04:02:48 pm »

I swap out a redshirt dive and sit around, 'cause I don't have anything else to do, unless I get a more... interesting card out of the swap.
So we got monsters above, monsters below, dwarves in the middle and a party in the dining hall. Sounds good to me.
If all else fails, remember one thing:  kittens are delicious, nutritious little goblin-baiters, cavern explorers, and ambush-finders.

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: May 24, 2010, 04:07:49 pm »

You could teleport onto the Enigma with me. You know, shields.

Oh, and I discard redshirt dive and repair level 1.
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.

Oglokoog

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERNET_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: May 24, 2010, 04:08:39 pm »

You could teleport onto the Enigma with me. You know, shields.

Oh, and I discard redshirt dive and repair level 1.

Yeah, I know and I will do that, but first I'll wait for the result of the cardswap.
Or do I understand the system wrong? I can do it once at any time in my turn and that immediately use the card I get, can't I?
So we got monsters above, monsters below, dwarves in the middle and a party in the dining hall. Sounds good to me.
If all else fails, remember one thing:  kittens are delicious, nutritious little goblin-baiters, cavern explorers, and ambush-finders.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: May 24, 2010, 04:11:02 pm »

No, that got changed. Card swapping happens at the turn end.

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: May 24, 2010, 04:21:23 pm »

oglokoog... it's my ghost. for this treachery, you must endure US ANNOYING YOU!
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: May 24, 2010, 04:22:36 pm »

Renew evasive manuevers, hit the Dragontooth with two overcharges. Oglokook, board them.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Oglokoog

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERNET_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: May 24, 2010, 04:27:00 pm »

But what is it good for then? That means I can't use the card until my next turn and I get new cards then anyway. What am I missing?

Also, aye aye, cap'n. Assuming the two shots hit and disable the shields, I use the teleport chamber to get to the Dragontooth.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: May 24, 2010, 04:41:21 pm »

On second thought, IronyOwl boards. You two comehome. Also, Oglokook, give IronyOwl your plasma charge.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: May 24, 2010, 04:43:26 pm »

hey askot, it's your turn to haunt him.

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: May 24, 2010, 04:44:47 pm »

But what is it good for then? That means I can't use the card until my next turn and I get new cards then anyway. What am I missing?

Also, aye aye, cap'n. Assuming the two shots hit and disable the shields, I use the teleport chamber to get to the Dragontooth.

It's just a discard. If you have four cards you get zero new ones. Three cards you get one, two you get two, etc.

Oglokoog

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERNET_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: May 24, 2010, 05:10:33 pm »

Ok then, change of plans. I return (hehe) to the Enigma, give IronyOwl my Plasma Charge (which is going to make someone very happy in a few moments, or so I hope) and discard... well, how many cards CAN I discard then? Still only one? I seriously don't get this, I think the old system was better.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: May 24, 2010, 05:15:23 pm »

Ok then, change of plans. I return (hehe) to the Enigma, give IronyOwl my Plasma Charge (which is going to make someone very happy in a few moments, or so I hope) and discard... well, how many cards CAN I discard then? Still only one? I seriously don't get this, I think the old system was better.
You mean where I could swap until I get a Photon torpedo?
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 32