Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 32

Author Topic: Shallow Space(a card based ship combat game)  (Read 24699 times)

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
Re: Shallow Space(a card based ship combat game)
« Reply #210 on: May 20, 2010, 01:19:34 am »

Okay, I'm going to bed. The Enigma turn will have to wait.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 20, 2010, 01:28:19 am »

Well, I'm assuming your done then...

Turn: Enigma

Ironic that Squeegy just bailed...

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 20, 2010, 03:58:27 am »

I'm making a change list for the next game. Several cards are getting re-worked, and a few game mechanics are getting tweaked as well. I'm not implementing them this game like I did the others though, those changes were intended to get the game to work at a reasonable pace. Plus I've changed it enough already...

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 20, 2010, 04:17:14 am »

the game shows potential, but it's a bit unbalanced as of now. one thing that i think you should consider is simultaneous turns.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 20, 2010, 04:24:34 am »

the game shows potential, but it's a bit unbalanced as of now. one thing that i think you should consider is simultaneous turns.
Some of the changes I've got on the list require less presence of the player. Example, the redshirt card will activate immediately upon receiving more than 1 damage.

I'm really not sure how I'd handle simultaneous turns however... It might be as simple as saying, 'you can all take your turns at the same time', the game mechanics should hold... But it would be difficult updating I'd think with all that chaos.

On the other hand... Less of this:
Okay, I'm going to bed. The Enigma turn will have to wait.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 20, 2010, 04:47:53 am »

well, you could have a form for us to fill out every turn, so turns are straightforward. you could also require that we pm you our turns in addition to posting them here, so they wouldn't be lost in the thread among the conversations. an advantage would be that you would only have to update once every turn, at a specific designated hour.

there's one issue that would have to be settled, or at least one that immediately comes to my mind: would healing spells happen at the end of the turn or at it's start? for example in one turn i get my shield disabled, so in the next turn i play shields up, simultaneously, the rest of the guys all fire at me, would you process the shields up before you process the attacks? or you'd shield-up me only after they fire, so that the shield only takes effect in the next turn? and evasive maneuvers, would they take effect in the turn they are played or only in the turn afterwards?

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 20, 2010, 05:22:09 am »

well, you could have a form for us to fill out every turn, so turns are straightforward. you could also require that we pm you our turns in addition to posting them here, so they wouldn't be lost in the thread among the conversations. an advantage would be that you would only have to update once every turn, at a specific designated hour.

there's one issue that would have to be settled, or at least one that immediately comes to my mind: would healing spells happen at the end of the turn or at it's start? for example in one turn i get my shield disabled, so in the next turn i play shields up, simultaneously, the rest of the guys all fire at me, would you process the shields up before you process the attacks? or you'd shield-up me only after they fire, so that the shield only takes effect in the next turn? and evasive maneuvers, would they take effect in the turn they are played or only in the turn afterwards?
I think that healing and repair abilities(please don't call 'em spells, it's frigin' star trek styled! 0P ) will come before, in the case of that shield, would you rather have it come up after your ship gets obliterated? Or would you have it absorb some hits and your ship survives?

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 20, 2010, 05:31:00 am »

and what if i try to board a ship with the shields down, but in that same turn it shields up?

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 20, 2010, 05:37:29 am »

and what if i try to board a ship with the shields down, but in that same turn it shields up?
Alright...

Special effects>Healing/repair effects>Damage effects

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 20, 2010, 06:16:38 am »

ok.
are you thinking about implementing the simultaneous turns next turn, or something?

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #220 on: May 20, 2010, 08:29:18 am »

No, he is not.

Its a good idea though.
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 20, 2010, 09:21:18 am »

Okay, what are my cards?
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 20, 2010, 09:41:33 am »

he didn't pm'd them to you?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 20, 2010, 09:48:01 am »

Sorry Nirur, that's just how the game goes... If you don't like it, we can probably discuss changes for the next game.
Ah, it's not like all my hopes are shattered. I can still haunt my killer, cursing him to forever find the out-of-order toilet in public bathrooms and have his packages always delivered late.

I'd just finished repairing that pod though. Couldn't you have killed me without damaging it?

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
  • Never think twice. Or at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 20, 2010, 09:53:18 am »

Did Oglook use a board card?
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.
"Sometimes being a dwarf has it's advantages, KNEE-CAPPING TIME!"
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 32