Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14

Author Topic: SPARKGEAR RESURRECTION  (Read 47869 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPARKGEAR RESURRECTION
« Reply #180 on: June 29, 2010, 02:34:27 pm »

Before killing this, I need to clean up. I have standards! I can't just flood the fort with magma, I need to clean up the mess other people made, wall off all the things those bastards made above z-level -100, quantum cage everything, make it dwarven for fuck's sake, and then I can take this to Hell and beyond.

Chaoseed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Chaoseed Software
« Reply #181 on: June 30, 2010, 03:57:32 pm »

Well, as the old saying goes, Morituri te salutant!
Surprisepalace! Overseers wanted!
But they never would have given up either. And compared to sitting around in this prison for the rest of my life? Losing is fun.

Chaoseed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Chaoseed Software
« Reply #182 on: July 04, 2010, 02:26:11 am »

Well, earlier I said I might start another Sparkgear, but it turns out my girlfriend and I are going on vacation for a week.  In case anyone was holding their breath.

Good luck to LordSlowpoke in his plans for the current one! ;)
Surprisepalace! Overseers wanted!
But they never would have given up either. And compared to sitting around in this prison for the rest of my life? Losing is fun.

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 08, 2010, 06:12:03 am »

it's dead?  :'(

spooooooooooooooooooooooooon why!? did you let it die  :'(
I just realized, after adding the new body parts to the other races, that I have an entire squad of dwarves with a shield in each hand and swinging their axes with their penises. There's nightmare fuel for those goblins, in more ways than one.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 08, 2010, 10:56:10 am »

« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 10:58:14 am by Demonic Spoon »

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 10, 2010, 05:23:40 pm »

LordSlowpoke, Aristocrat cancels Strange Mood: Went insane.
LordSlowpoke, Aristocrat went stark raving mad!

No, guys, I just can't do this. Sparkgear was always fun to break, but... damnit, after a literal week of work done into it, I'm gonna play it on - too much sentiment, too much to finally pull the doom lever and end all of this.

This fort... goes eternally into my realm. I'll do my best to lead it into the state of more than twenty years and still rolling, but whoever wants to do it, can just take the old save and break it to hell and beyond.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 10, 2010, 05:29:25 pm »

Three cheers for Slowpoke!  Play that sucker into the ground.

Seriously, I know succession games have limited lives, but the last 4 or so that I've touched have died of apathy immediately after my turn.  And not like I ruined them either.  Just I touch a fort and no one wants to take a turn anymore.  So just knowing you're playing that make my day better.

sir labreck

• Bay Watcher
  • You know what? Tic tock motherf**** --> SG philo
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 12, 2010, 12:16:31 pm »

So it actually turn dead? Crap... No more SG, sad, this monster have finally break apart, after 12 chapter ^^

GG
If you have to choose between war and dishonour, don't choose dishonour because you'll have war.

Quote from: Oglokoog
sir labreck, how you manage to mangle English so much yet still manage to keep your posts comprehensible is beyond me. Well done.

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 13, 2010, 02:52:13 pm »

nawwwah i was hoping for chapter 13. or 666 :(. nahkh bring the awesome back. we miss you XD.
I just realized, after adding the new body parts to the other races, that I have an entire squad of dwarves with a shield in each hand and swinging their axes with their penises. There's nightmare fuel for those goblins, in more ways than one.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 13, 2010, 03:19:13 pm »

Why is everyone proclaiming it dead? One of you could start up a new one on the first of August. We haven't had Nahkh for more than half a dozen SG's, IIRC.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 13, 2010, 03:31:19 pm »

Why is everyone proclaiming it dead? One of you could start up a new one on the first of August. We haven't had Nahkh for more than half a dozen SG's, IIRC.

barb you must take the torch. and annihilate the world for us. so we can save the private ryan's and die trying XD

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 13, 2010, 05:26:05 pm »

Unfortunately I won't be around for the first week of August, or I would. I'll definitely go for the September one, though.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

sir labreck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 15, 2010, 12:54:52 am »

Even if I like too, I'm too unreliable for a full month ^^ and I think I'm not part of this elit group who could destroy world with SG, just a personal feeling, I can't fill the boot :D

Anyways, would probably be too much occupy by starcraft2, sorry :p
If you have to choose between war and dishonour, don't choose dishonour because you'll have war.

sir labreck, how you manage to mangle English so much yet still manage to keep your posts comprehensible is beyond me. Well done.

sir labreck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 17, 2010, 01:00:29 pm »

Duh, sorry for the double post, but need to get some feedback.

Maybe For sure I'll do the SG XIII, can't be worse than no SG (nevermind...). If I dispead, someone would be clever enough to continu the damn thing!

What if we use this mod: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=52988.0
Just figuring out how the whole damned fucking thing work would make everyone crying :) And actually crazy. Not as much as I hope, but it would for sure be fun :)

But the cons:
-New player could find it probably too much difficult to enjoy a turn on it... No more difficult than the vanilla, except for iron/steel working slightly change
-We wouldn't be able to piss off the elfe as easily :) (Bah, an application of more magma is always the solution)

So more, do I start now? Or on the first...
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 05:03:52 pm by sir labreck »

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 18, 2010, 09:34:29 am »

Go for the first, there's not much time left in this month.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14