Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14

Author Topic: SPARKGEAR RESURRECTION  (Read 47884 times)

derekiv

• Bay Watcher
  • The smile.
    • View Profile
Re: SPARKGEAR RESURRECTION
« Reply #135 on: May 24, 2010, 06:31:15 am »

So, I'm just going to grab the previous save then.

Moontayle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 24, 2010, 08:57:10 am »

You know, if I had to judge, I would say that this iteration of SG isn't working out too well.
Tolkien had a great secret: The dwarves of Moria didn't dig too deep. A prominent dwarf with lots of friends started tantruming and, well, you figure out what happened next.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 24, 2010, 10:14:30 am »

It's the people killing the fort in the first few days and lack of awesome stories that does it.  ::)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 10:18:20 am by Demonic Spoon »

derekiv

• Bay Watcher
  • The smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 24, 2010, 11:46:16 am »

here's the save, I'm too busy to play the rest of the day: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=2407
I de-magmafied the old fort, got rid of most the goblins with hobgoblins, sealed us off from the surface and made some large stockpiles.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 24, 2010, 01:12:39 pm »

De...magmafying?
Removing magma from a dwarven home?
Alas, Sparkgear has climbed the highest ranks of heresy and now is shitting +gold nugget mug+s on all of us.

derekiv

• Bay Watcher
  • The smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 24, 2010, 01:53:41 pm »

De...magmafying?
Removing magma from a dwarven home?
Alas, Sparkgear has climbed the highest ranks of heresy and now is shitting +gold nugget mug+s on all of us.
It involved flooding the caverns with magma.

Moontayle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 24, 2010, 02:01:50 pm »

Well, I did pull the lever. Fat lot of good it ended up doing since it was the goblins, tantrums, melancholy, and berserk dwarves that killed everyone.
Tolkien had a great secret: The dwarves of Moria didn't dig too deep. A prominent dwarf with lots of friends started tantruming and, well, you figure out what happened next.

derekiv

• Bay Watcher
  • The smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 24, 2010, 02:04:49 pm »

Well, I did pull the lever. Fat lot of good it ended up doing since it was the goblins, tantrums, melancholy, and berserk dwarves that killed everyone.
You pulled the wrong one. The FUN lever was the one that caused the cave-in. Then you pull the doom lever and flood the caverns with magma.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 24, 2010, 10:44:24 pm »

Well, hopefully the June version will get a bit more time in the limelight. Especially considering that summer is breeding season for succession games.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 25, 2010, 07:50:01 pm »

here be 10 effin pictures i put and then pressed right click to back   :-X
http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/8233/beztytuu4t.jpg

genderlesss Boiling Dwarven Wine

As the newly elected leader i decided to build a little tribute
Blood god demanded roasted dwarven bodies, and i delivered
Found a couple of levers with a note saying " I dare ya!", pulled one, no effect
Ordered the nearest urist to pull the others when i went to eat my daily meat
The effect was pretty... interesting, it involved me scoring a few gabbros in the forehead
Oh well, tribute was done, puppies were born, everything is "fine"
So , i made it awesome, its up to you guys to fix it now

It was pretty fun.
No sieges, wth, this needs to be fixed

http://rapidshare.com/files/391589084/SparkgearXII.rar.html

ill upload it to dffd tommorow

derekiv

• Bay Watcher
  • The smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 26, 2010, 06:30:48 am »

I guess the "i dare ye" lever broke. Some of levers got disconnected, because I got a message that a gremlin had pulled a lever, it revealed and jump to the magma bridge and nothing happened.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 31, 2010, 09:13:42 am »

Well, who's running the next one? Nahkh disappeared again.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

UmbrageOfSnow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 31, 2010, 12:42:43 pm »

I am but a poor newb, but I'd love a chance to prove I'm more competent than some people...

I'll take next.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 31, 2010, 07:04:52 pm »

Okay, since it is now Midnight, GMT, and I haven't heard anything, I'm just going to take the initiative, download z1000000m's save, and start playing.  I'll update later tonight.  If anyone has a problem with this, let me know before I play a whole bunch, please?

UmbrageOfSnow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 31, 2010, 11:49:01 pm »

Slate 23rd,

I've arrived at the famed outpost of SparkGear today.  It isn't at all what I expected.

My entire party made it inside without incident; although the terrifying beat of the dancing lavender-scaled monkey in the caverns alongside the entrance shaft had us more than a little nervous.  And the fact that we increased the population by 50% doesn't bode well for our long term survival.

But disaster struck as soon as we were inside.  Just as the retracting bridge was activated, a couple of citizens made a dash for the surface.  The bridge retracted out from under them.  Amok was with them today, they were both able to grab onto a ledge.  Any other spot and they would have fallen hundreds of meters into the underground lake, where I'm sure they'd be eaten faster than they could drown.  The locals were all too busy to care, so I went down and built a rescue drawbridge myself.  The lever is diagonally below the lever for the other bridge, should any future generations need to perform a similar rescue.

As a reward for my fast thinking and faster bridgebuilding, the locals have made me their temporary leader.  It seems they replace leaders at the drop of a hat around here.  One wonders if such frequent and chaotic regime changes have anything to do with the high mortality rate...

Felsite 1st,

I don't understand what the previous administration was up to.  It seems almost none of the citizens were producing food, trade goods, or fortress necessities, and there was no fortress expansion going on either.  The dwarves were split into just three work crews, Gem Cutting, Floor Engraving, and Wood Crafting.  Fortunately none of the ten wood crafters were actually doing any work, their laziness has preserved our lumber supply.  I've reassigned everyone into more useful jobs, over the whining protests of two thirds of the fortress who prefer laziness.

Looking at my new roster, I realize I've gone a bit heavy on the miners, masons, and mechanics (the Three M's), but I have a couple projects in mind.

First things first, let's get that trade depot a hundred levels or so below ground.  Between the  walking distance and the complete lack of security I don't know why they've been walking around up there all these years.  And we've been lucky so far, but I'd like to avoid any diplomatic incident under my tenure: according to the original Articles of Fortification, it seems we don't actually own this land. The fortress exists on a technicality that land ownership extends only one mile down from the surface.  The enormous, dancing, lavender monkey is enough to deal with, I don't want a war with the elves on my hands.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 11:52:42 pm by UmbrageOfSnow »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14