Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14

Author Topic: SPARKGEAR RESURRECTION  (Read 47894 times)

Moontayle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPARKGEAR RESURRECTION
« Reply #105 on: May 21, 2010, 07:48:24 pm »

Where be-ith the save?
Tolkien had a great secret: The dwarves of Moria didn't dig too deep. A prominent dwarf with lots of friends started tantruming and, well, you figure out what happened next.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 21, 2010, 08:35:30 pm »

How do I make it so I can continue the damn game? I don't wanna miss my turn because some people can't realize that I don't fucking know how or where to put in my DF folder.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 21, 2010, 08:42:11 pm »

I put the save in my DF/data/save folder, but when I open up the game it doesn't say continue playing or anything like that. It's not nested in another folder.

derekiv

• Bay Watcher
  • The smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 21, 2010, 08:52:39 pm »

I believe your time is up.
EDIT: Ninja'd: Your supposed to have it in another folder. Try starting a new adventure mode and it will show you the format.

EDIT 2:
Let me be a little more harsh: YOUR TURN IS UP. If you haven't played at all, tell us and we'll start from the guy before's save.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 08:55:24 pm by derekiv »

Moontayle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 21, 2010, 08:54:19 pm »

How do I make it so I can continue the damn game? I don't wanna miss my turn because some people can't realize that I don't fucking know how or where to put in my DF folder.
Hate to break it to you but you missed your turn. It ended roughly 2 hours ago. Guess I'll go on the previous save.

Edit: Not sure what the download folder setup looks like but it's typically DF\Data\save\region. If you're looks like DF\Data\Save\save\region then that's why you're not seeing anything. Outside of that I can't help.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 08:56:06 pm by Moontayle »
Tolkien had a great secret: The dwarves of Moria didn't dig too deep. A prominent dwarf with lots of friends started tantruming and, well, you figure out what happened next.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 21, 2010, 09:03:38 pm »

Yes, let me upload my save-Might take a few minutes, though.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 21, 2010, 09:09:47 pm »

Also, moontayle, what time zone do you live in?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 09:12:17 pm by x2yzh9 »

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 21, 2010, 09:22:02 pm »

Pretend this post does not exist. Go on the previous save. Fuck.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 09:25:16 pm by x2yzh9 »

Moontayle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 21, 2010, 09:27:47 pm »

Not sure what problem you ran into but I was able to load up the save just fine. I'll get to the playing in the morning. Had less time tonight than I anticipated. Will have close to 12 hours uninterrupted to play, though I likely will take study breaks since I really should do my coursework.

Edit: Jesus, how do you people survive without hotkeys? And 3 squads with 5 total dwarves? I gots some works to do.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 05:43:46 am by Moontayle »

derekiv

• Bay Watcher
  • The smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 22, 2010, 06:57:57 am »

We have two hotkeys: surface, and dining room
also, we survived with 1 squad of 3 dearves. The other two squads are attempts to arm Lord Shonus and my self. If you can get me to pickup my adamantine weapons and armor, that would be great.

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 22, 2010, 07:37:56 am »

-breaker-
its 22th, so i again apply for the 25th

Moontayle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 22, 2010, 07:54:08 am »

We have two hotkeys: surface, and dining room
also, we survived with 1 squad of 3 dearves. The other two squads are attempts to arm Lord Shonus and my self. If you can get me to pickup my adamantine weapons and armor, that would be great.
I can already tell you that half the problem is a non-dedicated arsenal dwarf. Once you get an AD option, equipping anything becomes a royal pain in the ass. The only way to even attempt to get it going is a dedicated AD because between mundane jobs they'll routinely go and update the equipment manifests. You have Demonic Spoon as both bookkeeper and AD and the two do not go together at all because BK always takes precedence.

Edit: Not even a month in and three dwarves succumb to infection. Going to attempt three things off the bat: Formation of a larger military, caging of all the useless animals, and some 3x1 rooms for people to wallow in their misery with.

Edit2: Sorry Derekiv but your guy just went melancholy. Didn't really have time to get some things going (there's still a dumping job going on somewhere) so it was probably something I couldn't prevent. In other news, since Ast has lost the ability to stand, he's now the Captain of the Guard.

Edit3: New squad formed. Most of them have picked up weapons and some of them are training. Lots of depressed dwarves though. Trying to figure out the best way to handle this. Very few inactive dwarves though. The death toll from infection since I started is at 4, including the AD I assigned. Realized there's no hospital so digging out an area and having items made to accomodate.

Edit4: Massive Tantrum spiral brought about by an Ambush. 5 of the new squad members dead but ambush curtailed except for one who just won't die. Make that 6 of 10. Just had one bleed to death. Two are resting so out of 10 axedwarves I have 2 left. Also, animals dying left and right because of tantrums. Going to do what I can but I'm sealing the outside for a bit (will still take whatever the underground gives me). Oh yay, another ambush. Yeah, sealing us in.

Edit5: Can't even seal us in. Down to 23 dwarves. Most are either tantruming, melancholy, or close to being dead from the ambushes. Or they're children. I feel a reclaim coming soon.

Edit6: Pulled the lever. Being merciful in doing so. Down to 15 dwarves. Probably 2/3s of them are useless and then rest are bouncing back and forth between usefulness and tantruming. There's still a goblin loose and there's nothing to be done about it since the guy took everything we had and spit it back out. In between being occupied by war beasts he finds the nearest dwarf and ends their life quickly. So yeah, gonna let this run through and then reclaim.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 09:56:29 am by Moontayle »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 22, 2010, 09:50:50 am »

That's what happens when you guys break open my seal to the surface!

Moontayle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 22, 2010, 10:03:14 am »

At this point I want to say that this end would have come, lever or no lever. Had at least two dwarves go berserk and they've been making a tear through what's left. Less than 10 dwarves, 3 of which are melancholy and the rest are sodding useless anyways.

Edit1: It's done. Ended up abandoning when it got down to 1 dwarf. Demonic Spoon... a winner is you. Last I saw you were valiently trying to take out a small horde of creeping eyes but you're inept so you weren't doing so hot but they were weak and kept getting thwarted by your cloak. A virtual stalemate.

Anyhoo, going to do some work (since that's where I am) and then do the reclaim this afternoon

Special note: Won't be able to upload the save until 1amGMT. The firewall at work doesn't allow uploads of any kind so I have to wait until I get home. Once I'm there it should go fast since I have 5MBps upload, just need to be home first. I get off when the day rolls over so that's why it'll be a little late.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 10:35:54 am by Moontayle »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 22, 2010, 12:15:05 pm »

Well a reclaim is going to make the game 10x  harder because it removes all mud.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14