Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Booze Moat  (Read 5813 times)

UnrealJake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Booze Moat
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2010, 01:05:37 pm »

Well as toady put it, squares are JUST big enough to fit one dwarf in, but they can also fit 1000 dragons as long as 999 of them are lying down, so I expect 7/7 water and 7/7 vomit could probably be on the same square...
Hmm that's interesting, so the fluids would completely ignore each other and flow around as if the others weren't even there? I wonder how that would be displayed...

Also of note is that there are many many many types of blood and booze. Does it all get degenerated into a single "blood fluid" and "booze fluid"?

I think puke and blood on the same square are a very dark grey, or something, I think it would be a bit like a dump, with hundreds of Gypsum, rat remains and god knows what else, all ignoring each other...
Huochong sounds like what you hear when a ninja hits somebody with a frying pan.

"HUOOOOOOOOOO-"
*CHONG*

Beeskee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2010, 03:11:00 pm »

I wanted to make booze cisterns for my uber dining hall. Imagine, a wall tap device that goes right into the booze cistern. Dwarfs can fill up right at the dining hall.
When a wizard is tired of looking for broken glass in his dinner, he is tired of life.

UnrealJake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2010, 03:30:50 pm »

What happens when the drunk dwarf goes for the wrong cistern and draws a nice frothy mug of magma?
Huochong sounds like what you hear when a ninja hits somebody with a frying pan.

"HUOOOOOOOOOO-"
*CHONG*

b1gb0y2013

• Bay Watcher
  • Santa from HELL
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2010, 03:34:02 pm »

What happens when the drunk dwarf goes for the wrong cistern and draws a nice frothy mug of magma?

Then just make a nice new table, and everyone will forget he ever existed...

Beeskee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2010, 03:42:06 pm »

You want magma on tap in your dining hall? :D

I could see water, for those weirdos, or maybe elfies, but magma? That's gotta be a sturdy dwarf who drinks magma. I wouldn't want to mess with him or her. :)
When a wizard is tired of looking for broken glass in his dinner, he is tired of life.

UnrealJake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2010, 03:49:34 pm »

Not sturdy, just REALLY drunk.

"HUOOOOOOOOOO-"
*CHONG*

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2010, 04:56:10 pm »

My nobles are now mandating a booze swimming pool with booze waterfalls coming out of Plump Helmet Men sculptures.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 04:59:55 pm by Itnetlolor »

UnrealJake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2010, 05:14:04 pm »

My nobles are now mandating a booze swimming pool with booze waterfalls coming out of Plump Helmet Men sculptures.

Keep those nobles... they are the future.

"HUOOOOOOOOOO-"
*CHONG*

Quantum Toast

• Bay Watcher
  • Schrödinger's Breakfast
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2010, 05:58:08 pm »

Other liquids than water and magma aren't implemented. Yet.
And slood, but nobody's managed to find that yet.
That would be as deadly to the wielder as to anyone else!  You'd sever your own arm at the first swing!  It's perfect!

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2010, 06:03:56 pm »

Hmm?
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

UnrealJake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2010, 06:05:00 pm »

Hmm?

You mean you don't know about slood?

"HUOOOOOOOOOO-"
*CHONG*

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2010, 06:06:45 pm »

Hmm?

Is it related to blood? One possible reaction was that it's a combination of... yanno and blood, but since things in DF use spores anyway...
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

UnrealJake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2010, 06:08:20 pm »

Hmm?

Is it related to blood? One possible reaction was that it's a combination of... yanno and blood, but since things in DF use spores anyway...

Due, Slood is like.. the life essence of everything.. everything you see around you has a teeny tiny bit of slood in it, in ever fibre of it, it's LIFE man! LIFE!

But seriously, what's Slood?

"HUOOOOOOOOOO-"
*CHONG*

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2010, 06:42:41 pm »

Hmm?

Due, Slood is like.. the life essence of everything.. everything you see around you has a teeny tiny bit of slood in it, in ever fibre of it, it's LIFE man! LIFE!

From your description, I'd say it's what atomic bonds are made out of.

UnrealJake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2010, 06:53:23 pm »

Hmm?

From your description, I'd say it's what atomic bonds are made out of.

Noooo man, it's the soul of something, there ain't no sciencey stuff, science messes with you mind maaaan, Slood is your spirit!

"HUOOOOOOOOOO-"
*CHONG*
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5