Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 128

Author Topic: Fallout: New Vegas  (Read 206630 times)

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: New Vegas
« Reply #1800 on: July 12, 2015, 10:57:50 am »

Eeeh, Holograms were the only enemy I truly despised in Dead Money because it felt like I was being strung along and forced to do things in one or two ways because if I didn't the holobutts would zap me.

Personally I thought the entire DLC felt like that
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: July 12, 2015, 01:11:06 pm »

Eeeh, Holograms were the only enemy I truly despised in Dead Money because it felt like I was being strung along and forced to do things in one or two ways because if I didn't the holobutts would zap me.
The EndGame section of Dead-Money was the worst, though, with those holograms there, it took me half an hour and countless quickloads before I cheesed the entire section by finding the annoyingly hidden hologram projectors (That required a straight up 100 repair, by the way, good thing I was horrendously overleveled for that DLC or I would have been screwed!) instead of the 'actual' way which involved this bullshit step by step plan that required very specific actions, and because the computers needed to be those good old green-screen monitors,  I had a great time figuring out what 'water valve guard' compared to 'east buttocks patrol' meant.
I just ran past them.
Worked like a charm.
The thing about holograms is that people treat them as enemies. They are not enemies, they are obstacles. They are as much an enemy as the radios.

I feel like I'm one of the few people who actually liked Dead Money. It had a feeling of true scavenging and struggling to survive.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: July 12, 2015, 01:57:03 pm »

Dead money was good because it was actually a completely different experience to the rest of the game, which none of the other DLCs tried. All the complaints I see about it usually boil down to it not being as open or it being difficult.

Both of which make sense, you're supposed to feel restricted, the entire area is supposed to be hilariously deadly. So I really don't get what people honestly wanted from that dlc for all the complaints.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: July 12, 2015, 02:20:14 pm »

Dead money was good because it was actually a completely different experience to the rest of the game, which none of the other DLCs tried. All the complaints I see about it usually boil down to it not being as open or it being difficult.

Both of which make sense, you're supposed to feel restricted, the entire area is supposed to be hilariously deadly. So I really don't get what people honestly wanted from that dlc for all the complaints.
Personally the only thing that annoyed me was the goddamn companions dying on Hardcore and then me dying as well because FML.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: July 12, 2015, 02:43:08 pm »

Yeah, I liked dead money a lot. Everything about it felt oppressive, especially in hardcore mode, and you actually had to use your brain for a little bit until you got your bearings. Everything felt oppressive and hostile as it should without being over-the-top ruinous like Lonesome Road. I still remember the holograms pleading for mercy from Sinclair after his plan went awry. Plus, holorifle is best rifle.

Nothing competes with Old World Blues, but Dead Money was second. Lonesome Road had neat toys and parts of the environment were great (missile silo mostly). Honest Hearts only had Joshua Graham, who was a great character but couldn't carry it on his own.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: July 12, 2015, 02:52:42 pm »

What's the recommended play order for DLC anyway?
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: July 12, 2015, 03:07:53 pm »

What's the recommended play order for DLC anyway?
Lonesome Road is "meant" to be done when you've complete all the other DLC and right before the battle for Hoover Dam (you get extra dialogue because of all the choices and reputation up to this point). Old World Blues makes more sense after Dead Money, due to you actually knowing who Christine and Elijah are. Honest Hearts is whenever as long as it is before Lonesome Road.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: July 12, 2015, 04:17:16 pm »

BTW, holograms can't even open doors to get to you.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: July 12, 2015, 04:32:23 pm »

Yeah, at the end of Lonesome Road
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I think I might do Dead Money with a Guns character. Is that a bad idea?
Black lives matter.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: July 12, 2015, 04:37:10 pm »

Not really.
Both of the common guns are good. The police pistol does more damage, shoots and reloads faster than the .357, the automatic rifle is really powerful, you can find shotguns in a few places...

Guns are perfectly valid.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: July 12, 2015, 04:41:49 pm »

Both of the guns skill weapons you can get in dead money are stronger than you really need for the DLC, and practically overpowered for back in vegas. If you use a certain popular weapons mod enhancing mod, the automatic rifle in fact becomes nearly the best weapon in the game fully loaded out and built for.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: July 12, 2015, 04:53:18 pm »

Don't care what you plebs say: gonna stick with my trusty old modded Recycler Rifle till the day you pry it outta my cold, dead hands. I use Project Navada + Weapon Mods Expanded (WMX) with some addons for compatibility and Mission Mojave for bug fixin. The built in -2 DT from the ammo that's infinite carried me so far, more so when going for stealth crits. Laser Commander perk plus the weapon mods carried me even further. I cried the day I set it aside in my inventory to use more powerful energy gunses in the DLC + Endgame.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: July 12, 2015, 05:17:49 pm »

I take it back, the thing I hated most in Dead Money was the goddamn radio paranoia bullshit. There's tension and then there's just flat out "Haul ass or you're gonna fucking explode and get instant killed douchebag"
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: July 12, 2015, 06:43:47 pm »

Yeah, at the end of Lonesome Road

I think I might do Dead Money with a Guns character. Is that a bad idea?

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: July 12, 2015, 06:54:58 pm »

Well, I was kinda close. :P
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 128