Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 128

Author Topic: Fallout: New Vegas  (Read 212028 times)

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: New Vegas
« Reply #1530 on: May 23, 2015, 03:36:22 pm »

Yea, the tunellers kinda detract from the gameplay a bit imo, not because they're challenging, but because they seem nearly omnipresent even in the beginning, when you have no real way of dealing with them apart from that one dlc that gives you weapons and equipment at the start. I trashed all of that extra equipment to play Dust properly, but I was forced to keep the weathered 10mm pistol and ammo so I could actualy get out of the starting area and find stuff apart from just more tunellers.

They can also detect you from miles away even if you're sneaking, at the start, and since they're faster then you, it forces you to cheese things up by climbing on stuff to shoot at them from above.

Other then that, the mod is pretty great. Having guns be actualy threatening and able to one shot you is a big plus, in my book, except some guns are so shitty that they have no point, like the varmint rifle and nearly all the improvised guns.

Throwing weapons are good for one shotting most tribals/survivors etc.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: May 23, 2015, 06:23:53 pm »

I spawned in with a .22 smg, and as shit ton of ammo, thing barely scratched enemies in all honesty, found a survivalist rifle and some ammo, rolled over NPCs till I ran out of ammo.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: May 23, 2015, 06:51:10 pm »

So, has anyone tried this?

http://taleoftwowastelands.com

Apparently it merges F3 into F:NV. I haven't tried it yet, but I'd love to raid Mothership Zeta with my New Vegas character, heh.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: May 23, 2015, 06:53:46 pm »

I'd love to give it a shot but I don't have steam copies of either of the damned games. I've got the big ultimate editions of both...On console. So I use torrents for NV and haven't bothered with FO3 because no.

Shame, I friggin' LOVE the idea. I wonder if FWV works with it?
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: May 23, 2015, 07:03:45 pm »

So, has anyone tried this?

http://taleoftwowastelands.com

Apparently it merges F3 into F:NV. I haven't tried it yet, but I'd love to raid Mothership Zeta with my New Vegas character, heh.

Yeah, I played through both games using it. It does a really good job, there were hardly any issues for such a big project. The improved engine does wonders for Fallout 3's playability. It is a little weird going over to either game at a really high level and encountering hard enemies right off the bat, though.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: May 23, 2015, 07:30:32 pm »

Do you guys think FNV is popular enough that it would be justified to add an "In Popular Culture" section to the wikipedia articles for Nellis Airforce Base and Primm, Nevada mentioning that they were playable locations in this game?
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: May 23, 2015, 07:34:12 pm »

Don't see why not.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: May 23, 2015, 08:48:55 pm »

I had Fallout 3 GOTY (got it on sale). And now I have new vegas :P It was only 20 dollars, so pretty cheap. Could have waited for a sale, but whatever lol.

And since Tales of Two Wasteland+DUST work together (confirmed from reading reddit)...I'll start in Vegas, and try to survive to make it to the capital city :D And then can travel back/forth and die lots lol.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: May 23, 2015, 08:49:50 pm »

But isn't the whole point of DUST to escape the Mojave? :P
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: May 23, 2015, 09:10:48 pm »

But isn't the whole point of DUST to escape the Mojave? :P

Yeah. But, I'm not playing a linear hallway CoD scripted game where I can't go back from where I've been lol...even GTA 5 supposedly does that ROFL.

I play skyrim, fallout 3, oblivion MY way. Not whatever the mod author and game developer intended it lol.

But yeah I know you are joking there :P I got the sarcasm part ;P
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: May 23, 2015, 10:44:00 pm »

SO I got lucky on my random start, got a breeder rifle and a flame pistol (thanks to Project Nevada) I used a trait which lowers everything's DT by 5 so now everything gets thrashed pretty fast, even me. Took the mechanics history
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: May 23, 2015, 11:31:30 pm »

Any crafting mods anyone recommends? That use realistic ingredients? Someone has a mod that allows you to craft a spear (sort of) by usinga poolstick a knife and ducktape...but he has a ton of other crafting stuff too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGTItvQpSLo

at 20:27 you can see all his crafting stuff.

But he is kinda lame in that, he never actually says what the mod is...just "I have this amazing mod that does so much stuff." (not exact words)...kinda annoying lol. Probably won't be subbing to him anytime soon lol...great pet peave of mine, when someone just says "this is the mod I have and does so much stuff" and then never actually says what it is. Doesn't even put it in the description...or anything lol.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 11:33:51 pm by Vendayn »

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: May 24, 2015, 02:51:21 pm »

But he is kinda lame in that, he never actually says what the mod is...just "I have this amazing mod that does so much stuff." (not exact words)...kinda annoying lol. Probably won't be subbing to him anytime soon lol...great pet peave of mine, when someone just says "this is the mod I have and does so much stuff" and then never actually says what it is. Doesn't even put it in the description...or anything lol.

I'm fairly sure that it's included in the DUST Recommended Mods section:

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/56786/?
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: May 24, 2015, 11:43:05 pm »

So what is a good list of installed mods to go with DUST (Bay12 approved list)?
Also is there any companion mods compatible with DUST yet?

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: May 24, 2015, 11:54:50 pm »

Im running project Nevada, some mods adding traits and the mods on dust that add moving people and a single settlement, though I have yet to find it.
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 128