Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 128

Author Topic: Fallout: New Vegas  (Read 212035 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: New Vegas
« Reply #1500 on: March 16, 2015, 05:51:38 pm »

Oh, speaking of weapon mods, anyone else finding that GRA kinda borks the curve of that a bitentirely?

I mean, I remember back in the early days you would go to Chet and he would have a nice upgrade to your .357 Magnum, but now all he has are upgrades to the GRA stuff he sells...

I mean, I LOVE GRA, but COMEON. I shouldn't have to wait till the GUN RUNNERS to upgrade that Revolver :P
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: March 16, 2015, 05:55:53 pm »

I just think they should have make the GRA mods available for all guns. Sorry, this identical plasma pistol can't take mods. This one can, though, and its the same price.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: March 16, 2015, 05:58:07 pm »

I actually sort of like that, though, because IIRC GRA and non-GRA had mods that did different things in some cases.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: March 16, 2015, 06:17:04 pm »

terrible sights (or none at all-lookin' at you, laser rifle!),

Zoom out to third person and use the crosshair.

If you keep the aim button held down you can even zoom back in to first person and the crosshair will remain until you let go of the aim button.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: March 16, 2015, 06:18:13 pm »

I just think they should have make the GRA mods available for all guns. Sorry, this identical plasma pistol can't take mods. This one can, though, and its the same price.

I was under the impression that this couldn't easily be done for some reason, and this was their way of jury-rigging it in.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: March 16, 2015, 07:06:23 pm »

I like how Cataclysm can handle tons of mods on different weapons and is developed by a team of random dudes while a big budget AAA game can't.

Probably an unfair comparison though.

Indeed, I do this.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: March 16, 2015, 07:23:10 pm »

terrible sights (or none at all-lookin' at you, laser rifle!),

Zoom out to third person and use the crosshair.

If you keep the aim button held down you can even zoom back in to first person and the crosshair will remain until you let go of the aim button.

I know that that's an option. It's a shitty excuse for bad design on the weapons, though, and it's not particularly enjoyable.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: March 16, 2015, 07:31:37 pm »

Re: GRA weapons/mods

They were all done separate from the vanilla guns to avoid various compatibility issues. The way they chose to present it was stupid as hell, but the reasoning is sound. Check out a mod called Weapon Mod Expansion (WME) for a bit better solution, and FOOKNV to merge all the GRA guns and mods into one diabolical, incestuous loot list while removing the dumb (HERP DERP GRA DAWG) tags from all the compatible guns.

The two I mentioned are also compatible, as long as you use the compatibility patch that comes pre-packaged.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: March 16, 2015, 07:34:50 pm »

I considered the lack of sights on most energy weapons to be an intentional trade off...  Of course I was using plasma mainly, where sights aren't a big deal anyway due to the slow projectile speed.  I really really hate cazadors, by the way.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: March 16, 2015, 08:42:54 pm »

I considered the lack of sights on most energy weapons to be an intentional trade off...  Of course I was using plasma mainly, where sights aren't a big deal anyway due to the slow projectile speed.  I really really hate cazadors, by the way.
Do Old World Blues ASAP, and suddenly Cazzies are 99% less annoying. Because that is the percentage of damage that is just their poison.

Indeed, I do this.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: May 21, 2015, 05:43:58 pm »

www.pcgamer.com/mod-makes-fallout-new-vegas-a-survival-simulator/

If you're bored of New Vegas and want a vastly different, very creepy flavor to go with it, try this. Actual mod is here:

www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/57927/

I posted in the death thread my most recent experience with this mod. It is absolutely brutal in terms of the difficulty cliff it throws you off of right at the start. You may want to think of it sort of like a Dark Souls-esque first person shooter survival horror rpg.

I added Project Nevada core, along with most of the recommended mods included on the Nexus page, minus the ENB mods, Alternative Start (which I can't get to work) and the save restriction mod. You will die a lot regardless, so having to go through character creation more than playing the game may not be all that fun.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: May 21, 2015, 10:13:01 pm »

How does one adjust load order without FOMM?
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: May 21, 2015, 10:25:35 pm »

LOOT is the newer version of BOSS, by the same devs I believe. It will auto sort your load order based iff a master list and let you make any customizations on top of that. It even updated this week with a new interface.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: May 21, 2015, 10:31:52 pm »

Do Old World Blues ASAP, and suddenly Cazzies are 99% less annoying. Because that is the percentage of damage that is just their poison.

That and the energy weapons in Old World Blues are quite potent. The most powerful weapons in the game are in that expansion alone.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: May 22, 2015, 03:31:47 am »

That and the energy weapons in Old World Blues are quite potent. The most powerful weapons in the game are in that expansion alone.

Except for the mini-nuke launcher
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 128