Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 128

Author Topic: Fallout: New Vegas  (Read 212255 times)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: New Vegas
« Reply #1155 on: September 06, 2011, 05:07:24 pm »

I was wondering, are there any fallout new vegas modders on the forum? Generally any kind of modding such as texturing, modeling, quest making, etc.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: September 08, 2011, 09:53:07 am »

I was wondering, are there any fallout new vegas modders on the forum? Generally any kind of modding such as texturing, modeling, quest making, etc.

Deon did a bit, but I don't think anyone here is a hardcore modder for it.
I know it's unrealistic, but I can't help but imagine little bearded babies for dwarves. In my mind, they come out of the womb fully bearded. That's how the mother carries them around, too, she just drags them around by the beard or ties it to her belt. When the father's on duty, he just ties their beards together and the baby just kind of hangs there, swinging to and fro with Urist McDaddy's movements.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: September 08, 2011, 10:56:38 am »

I must say for my latest playthrough, I'm enjoying the "Unlimited Companions" mod a lot, even if I don't see that much combat (I leveled over 30 before activating it so most monsters are now kinda meh).

Although I've been doing the "boy scout" like run again, it was soo satisfactory punching the face of that captured Legion guy in Camp McCarran (it's even more fun if you've learned the ranger takedown attack :D). Pretending to be Legion to get info out of him wasn't nearly as cool.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: September 09, 2011, 08:24:45 am »

What is a boy scout run?
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: September 09, 2011, 09:12:42 am »

What is a boy scout run?
I'm guessing be as helpful and good as possible.
Nom nom nom

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: September 09, 2011, 11:29:53 am »

Not really, especially not anymore. I was working on a 'boxing' mod but couldn't get around some of the hardcode when it comes to blocking detection and became busy with school, so I put it on indefinite hold.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

joey4track

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: September 09, 2011, 04:29:40 pm »

I just want a mod where I can be Omar Little from The Wire :) Can't believe there isn't one for GTA at least..

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: September 09, 2011, 04:32:01 pm »

Thats to bad there aren't many bay12 FO modders, because i've been banging my head against my keyboard trying to figure out how to create custom dialogue.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: September 09, 2011, 04:52:48 pm »

Thats to bad there aren't many bay12 FO modders, because i've been banging my head against my keyboard trying to figure out how to create custom dialogue.

Huh? You mean just NPCs talking? That's easy. You just do it via Quests. There are several good tutorials out there. You can try this one for starters. I've found the community on Nexus and the Bethesda forums to be very helpful with modding help if searching on your own fails.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: September 09, 2011, 05:02:41 pm »

I just want a mod where I can be Omar Little from The Wire :) Can't believe there isn't one for GTA at least..

Having that for GTA would be possibly the most awesome thing ever.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

joey4track

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: September 09, 2011, 06:07:50 pm »

Having that for GTA would be possibly the most awesome thing ever.

I know right!! It's unreal that no one has done it yet. They already have the bullet proof vest and the shotgun..

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: September 11, 2011, 06:49:49 pm »

This seems as good a place to ask as any:

I've been digging through my old mod lists in preparation for another play-through. I didn't do much modding in Vegas last time, because I found the game satisfying as-is, but this round I'm gonna spice it up a bit. Anyone have experience with

Real Time Settler's port to NV?
(If you've never seen this, it's a builder mod. You can scan and recreate architecture, put NPC's to work making gear for you, build a fort... whatever. Builder fans owe it to themselves to at least look)

Weapon Mod Kits Expanded?
Says there's a compatibility patch for FOOKNV, which I will definitely be using.

After School Special?

Electro-City?
Was really buggy and intrusive last time I used it. Neat idea, has it been fixed?

Also, there was a FO3 AI overhaul called Combat-Tactics Advanced that fixed a ton of stupid AI behavior, but I haven't seen references to it in a long time. Does NV have anything similar? I'm not interested in damage changes or FPS mods, I just prefered that system and would like it back, if possible.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: September 11, 2011, 07:09:49 pm »

Real Time Settler's port to NV?
Yup. Well made, though discontinued. I preferred the F3 version though, you could recruit anyone there instead of just using the stock immigrants.

Weapon Mod Kits Expanded?
Expands weapons in all possible directions. Also has the meshes made, so yeah.

After School Special?
Haven't really played it. However, while it looks well made, I just don't dee any difference from the piles of existing home mods. Besides, I never liked such mods, so I might be a bit biased.

Electro-City?
Last time I used it, it worked just fine. However, despite the humongous size, it just doesn't change much. Worthless unless you're going with a darker nights mod. And even then nothing special.

Got some recommendations of mine:

Project Nevada
A big mod that adds various gameplay additions in a lore-friendly way. And everything is freely customizable from the main menu. Definitely great.

Companion Share and Recruit and RobCo Certified
Allows you to recruit any NPC and repair / build / upgrade all the vanilla bots and many new ones. Everything integrated nicely with the companion wheel and all.

Classic Fallout Weapons
Many of the classic F1 and F2 weapons. Polished meshes and all. Recommended.

And of course Fallout Overhaul Kit, but you already know about that one.
Everything works just fine with each other. Some compatibility patches needed of course.

Oh yeah, and stay the hell away from nVamp if you find it. It's a horrible, outdated mod compilation.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: September 11, 2011, 08:42:33 pm »

Thanks for the recommendations!

Project Nevada looks interesting, provided there's a way to turn off the mask overlays. I know Classic Fallout Weapons was in FOOK2, if it's not in FOOKNV, I'll definitely pick that up. I wouldn't resort to housing mods if there were a convenient, accessible house available somewhere. The only one I found with everything was near a respawning family of deathclaws, and I got sick of having to deal with them every week or so.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: September 11, 2011, 08:50:55 pm »

Yeah, the visor overlays can be disabled with ease.

CFWs were in FOOK2 among the gazillion weapons there. Not really in FOOKNV, heh.

I guess this might have been since they wish to start anew. A lot of the FOOK2 weapons had animation errors, due to the engine being finicky with posing. (It just supports a generic pistol, rifle, etc., animation style, you can't really make one specific for a weapon.
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 128