Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 128

Author Topic: Fallout: New Vegas  (Read 212247 times)

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: New Vegas
« Reply #1140 on: August 08, 2011, 02:17:39 am »

I didn't know people were legally allowed to post about liking fallout DLC's. Amazing.
I'm pretty certain that at least half of the people who actually played the New Vegas ones enjoyed at least one.

So if I purchase one of the DLCs for 5 bucks, my odds of enjoying it are at least 16.7%?

Hmm, yeah, I think I can still resist. Even at half price.

EDIT: Grammar fail
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 02:23:57 am by kinseti »

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: August 08, 2011, 02:26:44 am »

As someone who's played both games, the new vegas DLC is SIGNIFICANTLY better than the fallout 3 DLC. And a few integrate themselves very well into the main game.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: August 08, 2011, 02:29:15 am »

I quite liked the fallout DLC.

Aside from the massive raised finger that the swamp people and feral ghoul reavers were.

"Oho, so they're complaining about it being too easy? Let's add in an enemy that takes 15 MIRV shots to kill, on very easy."
*Hugs*

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: August 08, 2011, 03:06:16 am »

I quite liked the fallout DLC.

Aside from the massive raised finger that the swamp people and feral ghoul reavers were.

"Oho, so they're complaining about it being too easy? Let's add in an enemy that takes 15 MIRV shots to kill, on very easy."

I kinda liked all of them, in their own way. Anchorage was a change of pace, if brief. The Pitt I agree with everyone else on, real fallout-esque choices. The only problem I had was, it's tough to remember what ingots you've gotten when you're at 97/100. Lookout wasn't too bad, the mssions were all memorable. Broken Steel wasn't much to write home about, just fight swarming enclave until there aren't any more, then win. I had a big problem with the feral reavers just because they kept bugging out and becoming flash-stepping invulnerable mobs. console kill fixed it.

I uh... I actually got a laugh out of Mothership Zeta, the same way I got a laugh out of the original UFO crash. No idea why people took an obvious joke so seriously.

Haven't played the NV ones yet, I figured I'd wait til they were all available and roll up a new character for all of them.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: August 08, 2011, 03:18:37 am »

I uh... I actually got a laugh out of Mothership Zeta, the same way I got a laugh out of the original UFO crash. No idea why people took an obvious joke so seriously.
Becuse in original Fallout it was nothing more than a small cultural reference. In F3, there was no joke. They literally went and made aliens "canon".

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: August 08, 2011, 03:24:07 am »

Becuse in original Fallout it was nothing more than a small cultural reference. In F3, there was no joke. They literally went and made aliens "canon".

I take Fallout 3 "canon" with a grain of salt. Lyon's Brotherhood made no sense, the shrek-looking supermutants made no sense, nuclear war and out of most of DC, only the white house gets hit with one bomb made no sense....

I think of FO3 like FO:Tactics, cool game, maybe fallout inspired but not Fallout.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: August 08, 2011, 03:27:16 am »

I take Fallout 3 "canon" with a grain of salt. Lyon's Brotherhood made no sense, the shrek-looking supermutants made no sense, nuclear war and out of most of DC, only the white house gets hit with one bomb made no sense....

I think of FO3 like FO:Tactics, cool game, maybe fallout inspired but not Fallout.

And that's why I put canon in quotes.

Light forger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: August 10, 2011, 10:25:04 pm »

I'm planning on getting fallout new vegas but by computer isn't the greatest so I'm checking to see if my computer can run it here is my specs:

RAM:3.74
Processor:Dual Core 2.30GHz
Video Card:No clue but It isn't to bad

As long it can run it at low with 20 fps without only a little lag I will be happy. I don't trust minimum specs anymore...

MasterFancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • I LOVE TACOS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: August 10, 2011, 10:40:02 pm »

I'm planning on getting fallout new vegas but by computer isn't the greatest so I'm checking to see if my computer can run it here is my specs:

RAM:3.74
Processor:Dual Core 2.30GHz
Video Card:No clue but It isn't to bad

As long it can run it at low with 20 fps without only a little lag I will be happy. I don't trust minimum specs anymore...

Try http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/
If your computer is from 2005+ I'll bet you can run it.
Quote from: Frumple
Flailing people to death with empty socks, though, that takes a lot of effort. Less so if the sock's made out of something interesting, but generally quite difficult.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: August 11, 2011, 05:44:07 am »

A few days ago, I purchased the Dead Money DLC.
The only part I found annoying was the way to the vault(Not back, after doing something I shall not mention). About one day ago, I completed it, and for all its glory, achieved 8 gold bars. To be honest, I didn't really even need that many, since I can earn thousands easily.
Now I'm a guy with a clean cosmic knife in an assassin suit.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

ColdSpiral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: August 11, 2011, 10:05:05 am »

I'd just made it to vegas at lvl 22 (after hitting Big MT at lvl 8 and drowning in xp) when I found a comparitively new mod that looked so entirely awesome I had to restart for a dedicated build.
In short, I simply can't recommend the legendary TalkieToaster's RobCo Certified enough.
A series of perks that allow you to reanimate and modify defeated vanilla robot enemies, as well as providing tools to buff them. The real fun, though, begins with the mad scientist perks which allow you to cobble together absurd robotic friends out of junk and the harvested brains of your enemies.

RPs well with the RobCo start from Starting Gear Packs (though I suggest downloading the old pre-merged version, as selecting RobCo gives you Red Racer gear by mistake).

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: August 11, 2011, 10:28:36 am »

I'd just made it to vegas at lvl 22 (after hitting Big MT at lvl 8 and drowning in xp) when I found a comparitively new mod that looked so entirely awesome I had to restart for a dedicated build.
In short, I simply can't recommend the legendary TalkieToaster's RobCo Certified enough.
A series of perks that allow you to reanimate and modify defeated vanilla robot enemies, as well as providing tools to buff them. The real fun, though, begins with the mad scientist perks which allow you to cobble together absurd robotic friends out of junk and the harvested brains of your enemies.

RPs well with the RobCo start from Starting Gear Packs (though I suggest downloading the old pre-merged version, as selecting RobCo gives you Red Racer gear by mistake).
This mod would go perfectly with my current character.
Unfortunately he just reached level 44. Waiting on Lonesome Road.

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: August 11, 2011, 10:32:19 am »

Yeah, TheTalkieToaster's mods are awesome. [LINK].

Especially his major mods. Companion Share and Recruit is also great.

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: August 11, 2011, 10:58:24 am »

lol delayed

Hi everyone,

We just wanted to drop in here and let you know that due to circumstances beyond our control, Lonesome Road won’t be out this month. This isn’t due to any major issue with the code or content, but there are lots of factors involved in releasing these things, and one of those is causing us to slip past our intended release date.

We don’t have an exact date yet, but we’re working to get it out as quickly as possible. We’ll be announcing the final date, along with a couple of other interesting FNV-related items in the near future.

Thanks,

The teams at Bethesda and Obsidian

linky link

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: August 11, 2011, 11:17:44 am »

lol delayed

Hi everyone,

We just wanted to drop in here and let you know that due to circumstances beyond our control, Lonesome Road won’t be out this month. This isn’t due to any major issue with the code or content, but there are lots of factors involved in releasing these things, and one of those is causing us to slip past our intended release date.

We don’t have an exact date yet, but we’re working to get it out as quickly as possible. We’ll be announcing the final date, along with a couple of other interesting FNV-related items in the near future.

Thanks,

The teams at Bethesda and Obsidian

linky link
God dammit
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 128