Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 128

Author Topic: Fallout: New Vegas  (Read 212285 times)

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: New Vegas
« Reply #1080 on: May 14, 2011, 06:39:50 am »

Necro, but good kind of necro.

Look what one guy did. He travelled across Mojave IRL, took pics and compared it to New Vegas:
http://www.falloutnewvegastour.com/

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Now isn't that awesome?

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: May 14, 2011, 09:21:00 am »

Nice find :)

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: May 14, 2011, 02:22:28 pm »

Damn, that's impressive. It's amazing how many places he managed to match up.  :o

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: May 14, 2011, 03:22:17 pm »

Yeah. He's good. And humorous.

A gamer, outgoer and a practitioner of the deadliest martial art?
Our lifetime dream in one.

It's also impressive how close the FNV team made it to real locations.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: May 14, 2011, 07:15:51 pm »

Krav Maga.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: May 28, 2011, 11:42:04 pm »

I'm fairly bored with my New Vegas mod pack (and beat Honest Hearts with my limited selection), so I decided to take a look at this nVamp. Reading through the directions, I saw Wrye Bash's New Vegas version on the install list (along with Wrye Python, which I have installed). Is there any more to it than simply dropping it into the Data folder? There's no applicable readme, and it's even less intuitive than the Oblivion version.

A little help here? This is a long term project, so far as setting everything up (which I took a good half-hour to get through the first few steps as it was, so I'm getting back into the download-install-wait rhythm I so hated myself for while playing Morrowind and Oblivion)
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: May 29, 2011, 01:33:22 am »

Krav Maga.
Most modern MMA default that title to Muay Thai :P

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #1088 on: May 29, 2011, 01:47:53 am »

Krav Maga.
Most modern MMA default that title to Muay Thai :P

there are no Krav Maga competitions. You cannot get into a ring with someone and have a match with this martial art, and expect people to not be seriously injured. Im not saying that someone who practices Krav Maga can kick anyone elses ass, im just saying the moves are mostly focused on maiming and disabling the opponent as quickly as possible. There is very little subdual force, just full on disable mode. Gouge eyes, crush throat, break elbows, destroy knee caps, that kinda shit.
I got nothing

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: May 29, 2011, 02:36:20 am »

Well, it was very much the same way when muay thai was used to beat back Burmese invaders with such force that they resisted invading Siam again until they acquired cannons. oh history.

Deadly strikes are generally not permitted in the modern show rings but blows to render unconscious or otherwise quickly disable are still completely legal. Rural muay thai matches are particularly brutal. Deaths in the ring have been reduced but are still not unheard of. I saw 12 year olds get knocked out by elbows to the temple.

Krav maga integrates a lot of muay thai techniques anyhow.

But we're offtopic.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 02:39:18 am by KaelGotDwarves »

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: May 29, 2011, 07:02:26 am »

I want Honest Hearts and Dead Money ;-;
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: May 29, 2011, 07:13:10 am »

Has anyone played HH? I've looked at it a couple of times but just couldn't feel motivated enough to buy it.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: May 29, 2011, 09:09:03 am »

I've read a few things about it on various fallout forums, and apparently HH is a good idea, but the insane amount of bugs in the new DL makes it unplayable, appaerntly randomly falling through the ground has come back :(
Nom nom nom

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: May 29, 2011, 12:56:02 pm »

You do not want either of the two DLC's. They are boring, worthless, add basically nothing other than random irrelevant bits to the story. They do not add any thing remarkable or interesting in any way, and both so far have just left me wondering how it is they could put so little effort into making the DLC when compared to the DLC for Fallout 3.
!!&!!

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: May 29, 2011, 04:06:31 pm »

You do not want either of the two DLC's. They are boring, worthless, add basically nothing other than random irrelevant bits to the story. They do not add any thing remarkable or interesting in any way, and both so far have just left me wondering how it is they could put so little effort into making the DLC when compared to the DLC for Fallout 3.

I got the first one they released, and your post pretty much explains how I felt :/
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 128