Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 128

Author Topic: Fallout: New Vegas  (Read 212331 times)

Frajic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: New Vegas
« Reply #1005 on: April 30, 2011, 10:02:25 am »

Yesterday I went to Vault 11.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
EoS company name: Vikings Inc.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: April 30, 2011, 10:31:46 am »

um ya, legion commonly attacks merchants and caravans, that's probably why everyone hates you.  Suggestion:Even if the NCR hates you, wear their armor, most of the time they won't notice you and the merchants won't try to fuck you up.
Nom nom nom

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: May 01, 2011, 12:46:16 pm »

Wait, perception affects guns, not agility?

According to the vault:
  • Increased range for enemy detection.
  • Energy Weapons
  • Explosives
  • Lockpick
I was certain it had an effect on accuracy, perhaps I'm wrong though.

Note that attributes don't "affect" things governed by skills, unless specifically in the description. What they do is give a bonus to the skill level itself, which is meaningless if you invest more points in said skill. So a 10 AGI character with 50 guns, is no different than a 1 AGI character with 1 guns, other than he gets more action points during VATS (which isn't Guns-specific).

That said, it's correct, for guns it's agility.

Perception: Energy Weapons, Lockpick, Explosives - (Also determines compass range).
Agility: Guns, Sneak - (Also determines number of action points and action point regeneration).

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: May 01, 2011, 12:48:44 pm »

maybe in the older fallout's. but in New Vegas it says right on character creation, that it affects accuracy, and trust me it does.  You can't hit shit all with 1 perception.
Nom nom nom

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: May 01, 2011, 12:57:09 pm »

That's gotta be true because I have 100guns and when crouching with a sniper the gun still moves quite a bit, so I think that is because my Perception is like 6 or so.

Domenique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: May 01, 2011, 01:17:36 pm »

That's gotta be true because I have 100guns and when crouching with a sniper the gun still moves quite a bit, so I think that is because my Perception is like 6 or so.

Since I was creating a 007 character, accuracy doesn't really matter, because he's accurate, but not a sniper. I left it average.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: May 01, 2011, 01:19:38 pm »

Well, I don;t think it matters a lot because it is still very easy to snipe without 10P if you have 100guns but I just assumed that your gun wouldn't move in your hand if you have 100 guns and 10P

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: May 01, 2011, 02:27:58 pm »

Don't forget about the Strength requirement, especially for larger weapons. Sniper Rifle has about 6 or so, AMR has an 8, and generally harder hitting weapons will require more strength (-2 with the perk).

It mostly affects how accurate you are with those weapons, regardless of the skill rating or Perception. Energy Weapons are better for low-Strength characters because most of them have a significantly lower Strength requirement. Although, none of them are silenced, and very few act as holdout weapons. So I rarely use them unless I gear a character specifically for them.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: May 01, 2011, 03:12:27 pm »

You know, now I think about it, maybe I should not been wearing legion armor when going to the merchants >.>

*facepalm*
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: May 02, 2011, 01:04:10 am »

You know, now I think about it, maybe I should not been wearing legion armor when going to the merchants >.>

*facepalm*
I put on a Powder Ganger outfit after helping out Goodsprings with their problem once.

Didn't end too well for me.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: May 02, 2011, 02:41:47 am »

Don't forget about the Strength requirement, especially for larger weapons. Sniper Rifle has about 6 or so, AMR has an 8, and generally harder hitting weapons will require more strength (-2 with the perk).

It mostly affects how accurate you are with those weapons, regardless of the skill rating or Perception. Energy Weapons are better for low-Strength characters because most of them have a significantly lower Strength requirement. Although, none of them are silenced, and very few act as holdout weapons. So I rarely use them unless I gear a character specifically for them.

Oh thanks for reminding me about that, the strength req. was the reason I took 6 Strength but apparently the AMR needs 8 so that's the reason it isn't as accurate is I hoped it was. What is an Anti Materiel Rifle anyway? I first thought it was an Anti Matter Rifle. What is materiel? Did they misspelled material or something?

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: May 02, 2011, 02:43:32 am »

Materiel is the correct spelling. IRL it's military equipment like cars or radios and stuff, so an AMR rifle is designed for anti-armor purposes and shit.

Pretty much overkill, but that's Fallout, innit?
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: May 02, 2011, 02:43:59 am »

Materiel is basically what's left of an army if you take away the people; tanks, supplies, radio infrastructure et cetera.

Fakeedit: NINJAS HAVE A SPECIAL PLACE IN HELL. IT'S CALLED NINJA HELL.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: May 02, 2011, 02:44:30 am »

I prefer to use the Incendiary rounds .. that's pretty much double overkill but it works :P

EDIT: About the meaning of materiel, I thought it had something to do with the military until Chrome claimed it wasn't a word >.>

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: May 02, 2011, 02:45:55 am »

I love being a ninja
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 128