Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 128

Author Topic: Fallout: New Vegas  (Read 212367 times)

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: New Vegas
« Reply #945 on: April 25, 2011, 08:37:19 pm »

The Alien pistol is horribad compared to the YCS.

I mean, you only get like ~20 shots, and then it's nothing more than a really expensive paperweight, while the YCS uses ammo that's common as fuck.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: April 25, 2011, 09:05:28 pm »

The Alien Pistol should have had the power of a mini nuke if it only has 20 shots.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: April 25, 2011, 09:42:53 pm »

The Alien Pistol should have had the power of a mini nuke if it only has 20 shots.
It pretty much does, but the YCS can already kill most things in only a few shots.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #948 on: April 26, 2011, 10:08:51 am »

I modded the game to make the alien have the YCS instead. Now I can have the best of both bizarre worlds.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: April 26, 2011, 12:01:36 pm »

DLC still isn't out, but the newest patch is. Also been finding new mods to toy with, including:

More Perks [of course, with FOOK's option set to have a perk every level... tired of my full melee geared character having absolutely nothing to rank in other than stats and +XP]
RTS (Real Time Settler) [looks interesting; RTS mechanics in my RPG? Woot!]
Warzones [always felt that the running inbetween major cities felt fairly bare; this adds a whole lot more !!FUN!!]
Project Nevada [Using both the core and cybernetic modules; bullet time using AP, a grenade hotkey, and various other enhancements should make combat a bit more interesting, especially with a melee character being able to sprint up to someone and bash their head in, rather than simply running at a brisk jog]

Those are just the newer ones. Other mods I still use are as follows:
New FPS: Realistic Health Medium module [reduces health across the board for most enemies; having to waste two clips on a raider, let alone ten on a Deathclaw, got annoying after a while]
Realistic Headshots [perfect for my sniper character, and makes them deadly for you as well. May tweak it a bit myself, because it hasn't been updated in a while, so that full power armor'd enemies won't die to a .44 magnum round to the braincase, but it is fairly realistic...]
True Threshold [makes armor worth something; full power armor won't budge to small arms fire, making you more or less invincible against lesser enemies with a bit of DT. Otherwise you would still take 20% damage from whatever weapon they were using. Makes the minigun fairly useless though, but I rarely use heavy weapons as it is]
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 12:40:21 pm by Astral »
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: April 26, 2011, 07:19:31 pm »

Haha gotta say I love the Warzones and Realistic headshots mods.  Warzones is by far the best mod I have ever had, journy to the south-south-west one bast camp nevada?  The city one, it's excellent, just DO NOT PISS OFF THE ROBOTS with headshots on.  Gatling lasers+overpowered headshots=3 hit death.
Nom nom nom

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: April 27, 2011, 07:11:22 am »

I just had a run in with 2 giant radscorpions, 3 normals, and 3 little ones, right outside of Goodsprings (near the Yangtze memorial; I went into the shack, came outside, and boom, there they were). Ran over to the grave with decent loot, got an Incinerator, and proceeded to roast the little ones... but ended up getting gangbanged by the two giants before crashing. Need to work on my mods playing nicely...
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: April 27, 2011, 10:01:17 am »

I just entered the BOS bunker and I saw a guy with a gauss rifle. I haven't played for a while (before the Boomer experience I did not play for like ayear on this save so I didn't know I had a better version of that weapon) so I started attacking the BOS guard with my machete and he dropped the weapon >.>
They didn't turn hostile so I tried it with the other guard too, turned out he does get hostile and he attacks me. Than Veronica (a BOS sidekick) kicks him and 2 other guards to death ans than severed he head of the leader guy. The rest of the bunker was still friendly though. I quicksaved and tried to murder them anyway but Veronica suddenly turned hostile at me for attacking the BOS. After killing 4 of them herself >.>

Better watch out though, it'll be used by this one guy and he doesn't like people like us very much.

I suggest sniping him from far away with a silenced weapon and stuff.

Or break out the Heavy Incinerators, if need be.
I got that weapon by accident once, when I was wandering around with Veronica. She punched them all to death before I could even think about drawing my weapon >.>

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: April 27, 2011, 02:11:44 pm »

Is there any point to lever guns after the patch? They always use more rare ammo then the bolt action rifles(.357 vs 5.56, .44 vs .308 and 45-70 vs .50), their sight are terribad, they don't accept silencers and they no longer shoot so fast or have as low vats cost.
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: April 27, 2011, 04:52:40 pm »

Is there any point to lever guns after the patch? They always use more rare ammo then the bolt action rifles(.357 vs 5.56, .44 vs .308 and 45-70 vs .50), their sight are terribad, they don't accept silencers and they no longer shoot so fast or have as low vats cost.

The only point would be if you had the Cowboy perk, I guess. Dunno if that makes up for all that.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: April 27, 2011, 05:09:37 pm »

Lever guns look cooler yo.

Also I know I'm pretty late to this party, but overall I actually liked Fallout 3 more than Fallout New Vegas (though I like both a lot).

The ultimate selling point for me was enemy variety, and "dungeons".  I feel like the dungeons in Fallout 3 were designed better each with it's own little story.  While Fallout New Vegas TRIED to keep that, it fell flat on it's face so often.  A perfect example is right in the starting area.  In Fallout 3 you had the school that raiders were using to try and burrow underneath Megaton until they hit giant ants.  Those were serious enemies at the level you were facing them, but ultimately beatable, and it certainly felt good to to have cleared everything out of there right after leaving the Vault.

In Fallout New Vegas, you have a school. . . with a few Giant Mantises (manti?).  Those enemies are such a joke I run up to them with my broad machete and one shot them.  Then I get my one chest of mediocre loot.  OK, so the starting area is a bit silly, let's fast-forward to Primm.  You invade a hotel that's held by convicts who have broken off from the main group of Powder Gangers.  OK, most of them aren't that bad, OMG THE LEADER HAS A FRIKKIN' INCINERATOR!!!  As a melee-centric character, I can say this encounter is pretty damn hard (almost impossible) without switchin' over to guns, and I really don't like to do that, or eatin' the med-x and stimpacks like a mo' fo'.  Other than that it's pretty easy, get a nice number of guns, armor is pretty lacking, but what are you going to do?

Ultimately, that's the selling point for me.  The dungeon type areas in Fallout 3 are of much higher quality than Fallout:  New Vegas.  I'll admit the overworld  in NV is better, the radio is better in NV, the characterization of companions is better.  ((I never actually used companions in Fallout 3, just never cared enough))  If it wasn't for the boring enemy variety and dungeons (I also liked the feat/skills and crafting better in FO3, but not enough to make a big deal out out of it) it'd be better all around.  For me though, those issues alone push FO3 on top.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: April 27, 2011, 07:05:39 pm »

I'm considering making a remake of Wasteland in the New Vegas engine, problem is Wasteland's overland map is about the size of half of 3 states put together...

How can you walk from one end to the other in an hour I'll never know.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: April 27, 2011, 07:47:24 pm »

Where are you supposed to download the 1.3 patch?

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: April 27, 2011, 07:57:07 pm »

I'm considering making a remake of Wasteland in the New Vegas engine, problem is Wasteland's overland map is about the size of half of 3 states put together...

How can you walk from one end to the other in an hour I'll never know.

That sounds awesome.

Also, I'm loving Weapon Mods Extended (WMX, not WME). It's made by the same guy who made the weapon mod kits mod in FO3.

I like his take on the mods better than vanilla, IMHO.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: April 27, 2011, 09:00:35 pm »

Where are you supposed to download the 1.3 patch?

It downloads automagically through steam, or Xbox live. If you've got the PS3 version, you're probably SOL until PSN is working right.
!!&!!
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 128