Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 128

Author Topic: Fallout: New Vegas  (Read 212424 times)

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: New Vegas
« Reply #825 on: January 16, 2011, 05:43:10 am »

Project Snowblind?

Anyway, loading screens are the price of console gaming.  Funny you're bothered by it though.  Getting the game on console you should expect that.  PC gamers still have to deal with the loading anyway since it's the game is a console game, but I guess they aren't as long.  Which console are you using anyway?
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: January 16, 2011, 06:05:23 am »

Most of the time, it doesn't bother me. Though for most games, they aren't nearly as long or frequent as FO:NV.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Kitsunin

• Bay Watcher
  • Om Nom Nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: January 16, 2011, 06:07:21 am »

What I find to be odd and annoying is that New Vegas requires more power to run than FO3 despite not looking any better (As far as I can tell?), so I's gotta wait for my new comp to play it.  ::)

Oh well.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: January 16, 2011, 07:28:29 am »

Loading screens? New Vegas has those?

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: January 16, 2011, 11:26:54 am »

I'm at 17 hours now, level 8.  That's 2~ hours per level for me.

I'm at 30 hours, and level 17 - and that's about 1.765 hours per level, and you would think it would slow down as your level increased, but I've apparently been leveling up faster than you have. (You had 2.125 hours per level on average, assuming you never sat on the menu or went afk in game or anything)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: January 16, 2011, 11:27:45 am »

This might be helpful, I tried some of these out last night and it feels like the performance is better.

Loading screens? New Vegas has those?
They aren't that bad and the randomize through tons of tips.  I never get to the third tip usually because it loads fast enough.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: January 16, 2011, 12:16:30 pm »

You have time to read the tips?  8)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: January 16, 2011, 12:18:15 pm »

You have time to read the tips?  8)
I'm just that fast a reader  8)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: January 16, 2011, 12:19:42 pm »

It doesn't display more than one for me. :P

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: January 16, 2011, 12:23:39 pm »

It doesn't display more than one for me. :P
Only when I'm traveling outside for the first time :P

EDIT:
Well anyway, hanging around the outskirts of New Vegas.  Helping some guy called The King who acts like you know who.  I'm going for a morally high route so here's hoping I can solve disputes peacefully.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 12:47:12 am by ToonyMan »

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #835 on: January 19, 2011, 02:32:34 pm »

I just got a mod that improves weapon mods. Now you can put a lazer sight on ANY pistol! Scope ANY gun! It even makes the uniques modable, in some cases by removing the "built-in" mod and allowing it to be added again.

Can't wait to put a lazer sight on my lazer pistol. My gun has TWO lazers, and if you don't like this one, whoo boy...

Then there's fellout, bottle that water, a couple new radio stations, Auto Wild Wasteland, and Ammo parts in loot.

Maybe I'll try to make a mod that lets you craft energy cells from scrap electronics, metal, lead (they're batteries), and duct tape.

Yeah, I don't really understand why someone would want to buy a bethesda game on console. It's like buying a car with a sealed-in gas tank.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: January 19, 2011, 02:48:43 pm »

I should try that mod out, I've already downloaded all the rest you mentioned previously.  Most of them are just technical or aesthetics though, I want to play a more vanilla content-y at first until I beat the game.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: January 19, 2011, 03:01:19 pm »

I'm only using a fix for the recharger pistol iron sights and Nevada Skies currently myself. Oh, and Detailed Normals. That didn't show up in the list of installed mods since it doesn't have an esm or esp.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 03:03:07 pm by Shadowlord »

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: January 28, 2011, 03:44:09 am »

Yeah, I don't really understand why someone would want to buy a bethesda game on console. It's like buying a car with a sealed-in gas tank.
Not really. It's like buying a car with a dead body in the boot, the boot is locked and you don't have a key. The console version will pass you magical glasses that make you ignore the smell but the PC version passes you a skeleton key. This lets you open the boot and dispose of the body after checking it's pockets for change and ammo.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: January 28, 2011, 05:10:22 am »

Not really. It's like buying a car with a dead body in the boot, the boot is locked and you don't have a key. The console version will pass you magical glasses that make you ignore the smell but the PC version passes you a skeleton key. This lets you open the boot and dispose of the body after checking it's pockets for change and ammo.

The console is my primary gaming machine. Ergo, most of the games I play, are on a console. This is independent  (Well mostly.) to who makes them.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 128