Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 128

Author Topic: Fallout: New Vegas  (Read 212470 times)

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
Re: Fallout: New Vegas
« Reply #720 on: November 24, 2010, 02:59:04 pm »

A ballistic fist, along with the perk that lets melee and unarmed attacks ignore 15 DT, you can OHKO Deathclaws. It's beautiful.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: November 24, 2010, 03:04:27 pm »

Dang. I'm now level 25, and Deathclaws still scare me. I wish I'd known about that before I decided on Guns and Melee rather than Unarmed.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #722 on: November 24, 2010, 03:22:52 pm »

Dang. I'm now level 25, and Deathclaws still scare me. I wish I'd known about that before I decided on Guns and Melee rather than Unarmed.

Sniper rifle or AM rifle's all you need, then.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: November 24, 2010, 03:26:44 pm »

I have no problems with deathclaws using my Riot Gun and That Machine (named .308). I even took down a Legendary Deathclaw without it hitting me or Boone.

I am on hardcore mode though, so most of the time Rex has to waite outside if the enemies are too tough up close or too far away ranged.

How is it even possible to start out as an unarmed character? I tried it once and just got gunned down by the powder gangers before I even got close.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: November 24, 2010, 03:34:31 pm »

Sneak, Use cover, dodge.

And yes, I probably should use the Sniper or AM rifle. I just love my Cowboy Repeater too much.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: November 24, 2010, 03:43:45 pm »

Sneak, Use cover, dodge.

And yes, I probably should use the Sniper or AM rifle. I just love my Cowboy Repeater too much.

This only kind of works. Even the powder ganger/good springs fight offers up very little cover and lots and lots of people shooting at you.

I like the Cowboy Repeater too, but I traded it out for the .308, even though it was all sexy and modified.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: November 24, 2010, 04:11:30 pm »

I use VATS for most of my mid range shots, and the Hunting Rifle's got an insane VATS cost, so I only used it for the occasional sniping shot. I mostly use the rifle that shoots .44 magnum and the Cowboy Repeater at the moment.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: November 24, 2010, 06:03:16 pm »

I love my Sniper Rifle. I use it for short-to-long range shots without VATS. I also like the Laser RCW for spamming lasers all over. It's not incredibly effective unless you have a high Energy Weapons

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #728 on: November 24, 2010, 06:07:13 pm »

My loudout differs between characters, but my most successful has been:
1. Cowboy Repeater, despite that annoying bug with reloading it
3. Broad machete, or ballistic fist when I find it
4. Sniper rifle, silenced
5. AM rifle

I spent most of the game without the latter two, struggling, found a sniper rifle for about 3k caps, bought it, never looked back. It's almost overpowered.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: November 24, 2010, 09:11:50 pm »

Boone died for me on hardcore mode. I have been struck with a strange feeling of sadness and loss.
Hello Hunam

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: November 24, 2010, 09:54:33 pm »

I have to agree with Boone and Rex being gods. I would have been Cazador/Radscorpion bait so many times if it weren't for those two.

Also, Boones hatred for Caesar's Legion was awesome. I cleared out the Fort at level 15, because he asked me to.

Also, Ballistic fists are nasty at level 15 all the time, with a high unarmed skill. Really, Really nasty.

Fixed that for you.

Yeah, my guns/energy character did it at level 25 and it was still very painful. Tried entering the tent twice, both times and ED-E (armor enhanced) and Veronica died super fast. I then tried drawing them outside, but still lost the fight because I couldn't fight back being knocked down all the time.

Finally I remembered I'd been storing all the mines I've found in ED-E's inventory. So I trapped the hell out of the path leading to the tent (at least 40 frag mines), tell companions to wait far away, and lured Caesar's bodyguards along the long trail of death.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 09:56:22 pm by kcwong »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: November 24, 2010, 10:12:14 pm »

I VAT killed the guard mutt when I first stepped into Caesars tent, then shot Caesar before he could teleport anywhere.  I ran forward so that me and Veronica were blocking the chokepoint then I just hid behind the wall and kept feeing Veronica stimpacks while she killed the other guards.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: November 25, 2010, 01:12:50 am »

http://fo3settler.webs.com/
It still isn't done, but I played the Fallout 3 version and it was awesome. You get to run a settlement that needs resources to build and expand, you can create several different types of structure, like defense, which will include a howitzer that actually fires mini-nuke shells.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: November 25, 2010, 11:38:50 am »

Hey guys.
I'm jumping into the topic,  :P

I'm level 30 now, I did a load of side-quests before going to Mr. House / Benny.
Man, this game has A LOT of stuff to do.

But the main thing is:
I did all the annoying quests Red Lucy of The Thorn gives you, and after receiving the reward, I did something to get Red Lucy a little more..sexy?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm going to rape the Legion now, brb.

--
Great, I can't do it. First I need to find ED-E
Anyone had the glitch where ED-E would randomly disappear?
I can't get him back  :'(
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 11:53:24 am by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: November 25, 2010, 03:25:22 pm »

he probably set off a mine or trap, and when he got knocked unconcious got stuck in the ground
Nom nom nom
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 128