Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 128

Author Topic: Fallout: New Vegas  (Read 212495 times)

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: New Vegas
« Reply #675 on: November 05, 2010, 11:51:29 pm »

With the realistic head shot mod, how did the courier survive that round?
Hello Hunam

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: November 06, 2010, 12:34:48 am »

With the realistic head shot mod, how did the courier survive that round?

Plot armor, bro, obviously. :)
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Reasonableman

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Probably.
    • View Profile
    • Twitter is dead, long live Cohost
« Reply #677 on: November 06, 2010, 04:16:28 am »

I released a new version of the throwing mod that pretty much fixes all the previous complaints about how I fixed throwing, retrieval and pinning.. Everyone should be happy now.

http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35101

That's your mod?! Awesome! I loved this. I was wandering through the desert and all of a sudden a spear sails over the next hill and clatters to my feet. "Hrm," I wonder to myself. Over the ridge, all-out war was being waged between some Legonaries and a couple NCR boys. SPEARS EVERYWHERE!

Yes, never in human history has anyone survived a high caliber bullet impacting with any part of their head.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/5177344/Woman-makes-cup-of-tea-after-being-shot-in-head.html

REFUTED
A sane man must be reasonable, but a reasonable man need not be sane.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: November 06, 2010, 05:06:21 am »

http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35093

The level requirements are fine.
What annoys me are the skill requirements.

I see nothing wrong with skill requirements... how could someone with 10 repair skill use the techniques in Jury Rigging?

I just don't see how I should get a perk, that requires 70 in a skill by the time you reach level four (not a great example, as the perk is kind of pointless, bu there are a lot of similar ones).

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: November 06, 2010, 06:50:28 am »

I released a new version of the throwing mod that pretty much fixes all the previous complaints about how I fixed throwing, retrieval and pinning.. Everyone should be happy now.

http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35101

That's your mod?! Awesome! I loved this. I was wandering through the desert and all of a sudden a spear sails over the next hill and clatters to my feet. "Hrm," I wonder to myself. Over the ridge, all-out war was being waged between some Legonaries and a couple NCR boys. SPEARS EVERYWHERE!

Yes, never in human history has anyone survived a high caliber bullet impacting with any part of their head.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/5177344/Woman-makes-cup-of-tea-after-being-shot-in-head.html

REFUTED

Also not that "Any part of the head" includes the jaw and the ear, both of which a person can survive a gunshot wound to.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: November 06, 2010, 10:00:08 am »

If people have survived knives, nails and arrows to the brain, then why not a bullet?

I mean, it's improbable that it'd happen as much as it does in gameplay, but within storyline logic (where people do not require an automatic weapon's entire magazine to kill) everyone's surprised you survived that shot to the head.

It's not the first time a protagonist of a game survived a headshot either (Max Payne and Mona?). Although being burried alive with that wound...

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: November 06, 2010, 10:25:24 am »

If people have survived knives, nails and arrows to the brain, then why not a bullet?

I mean, it's improbable that it'd happen as much as it does in gameplay, but within storyline logic (where people do not require an automatic weapon's entire magazine to kill) everyone's surprised you survived that shot to the head.

It's not the first time a protagonist of a game survived a headshot either (Max Payne and Mona?). Although being burried alive with that wound...

Indeed. Tetanus/brain infection anyone?

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #682 on: November 06, 2010, 10:28:48 am »

Indeed. Tetanus/brain infection anyone?
You were dug up within minutes and taken to a doctor, who I would assume was sensible enough to clean the wound.

Lap

• Bay Watcher
  • I <3 Lua
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: November 06, 2010, 10:29:37 am »

I'll be porting over my Explosive Entry mod too. Anyone have any feature requests for explosives? Anything you'd like to be able to make/do?

I can also only allow so many different explosives to be used for opening locks. What do you think of this list? (Trying to keep it to 8)

Frag Grenade
Frag Mine
Dynamite
Plasma Grenade
Plasma Mine
Time Bomb
C4
Mininuke

Relative power is also a bit of a challenge to order with some of them.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #684 on: November 06, 2010, 10:31:53 am »

I'll be porting over my Explosive Entry mod too. Anyone have any feature requests for explosives? Anything you'd like to be able to make/do?

I can also only allow so many different explosives to be used for opening locks. What do you think of this list? (Trying to keep it to 8)

Frag Grenade
Frag Mine
Dynamite
Plasma Grenade
Plasma Mine
Time Bomb
C4
Mininuke

Relative power is also a bit of a challenge to order with some of them.
I think the mini-nuke is a bit overkill, to be honest.

EDIT: Then again, it would allow you to quote The Italian Job.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: November 06, 2010, 10:34:44 am »

It really depends... if they are full metal jacket rounds, there's a higher chance of survival vs a hollow point bullet which would open up inside and make a bigger hole going out... if it made it out.  High velocity rounds from a rifle could do more damage do to lead splatter, but it really depends on range, bullet type, and entry point.  I'm just going to leave it at this... handgun shot to the head? possible survival ... rifle? most likely not.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Lap

• Bay Watcher
  • I <3 Lua
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: November 06, 2010, 10:35:54 am »

I think the mini-nuke is a bit overkill, to be honest.

I agree, especially since mininukes got quite a buff from FO3. Don't know what I'd put in their place though. Also on the fence of whether I should allow just grenades or just mines (mines would make more sense as they are already shaped charges).

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: November 06, 2010, 10:42:31 am »

A mininuke to the head on the other hand...
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: November 06, 2010, 11:53:34 am »

Are there really much of any throwing weapons outside of throwing spears? I ran out of throwing spears pretty quickly and wasn't able to find any more.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: November 06, 2010, 12:33:22 pm »

i've not played it yet, but the classic use for throwing weapons in fallout was usually for grenades.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 128