Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 128

Author Topic: Fallout: New Vegas  (Read 212588 times)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: New Vegas
« Reply #510 on: October 27, 2010, 12:47:24 am »

How do I install a mod?
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: October 27, 2010, 12:47:53 am »

Not sure why I did BoH instead of BoS.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: October 27, 2010, 12:52:18 am »

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: October 27, 2010, 01:18:06 am »

And if you don't mind installing Python on your system, I'd recommend getting the LOST program-- Load Order Sorting Tool. This will help fix some problems resulting from our current inability to manage the load order of master (.esm) and plugin (.esp) files, which is massively important in preventing conflict and instability issues. Even the official DLCs suffer the problem of loading before the main FalloutNV.esm, which is a pants-on-head silly mistake for the developers to make after so many years practice with this system in Oblivion and FO3.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 01:19:43 am by Moogie »
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

AussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • [Australian]
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: October 27, 2010, 04:10:19 am »

Deon, I can help play test your mod, if you want, as soon as I get the game.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: October 27, 2010, 07:36:43 am »

Sure. I should get a few more locations soon. Today I will start to work on Freeside Central infirmary and an utility station (I've decided to include the boiler room, the electrical substation and the sanitizer in the same building, to reduce "too many similar locations" effect and because it makes sense, it will be a pre-war local utility/backup station) with a repair shop.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: October 27, 2010, 07:41:09 am »

Loving the Realistic Headshots/Realistic Health (Medium) mods, although they are somewhat unbalancing (headshots with a 10mm pistol can often kill most things, including fully armored Brotherhood of Steel Paladins in one-two hits) I do have to be careful as far as not leaving myself without cover. I may try a harder difficulty though, as having (humanoid) enemies with only 50 health around level 18 isn't quite as fun. What IS fun is being able to take on 90% of the game with the No Auto Aim mod: long range headshots from iron sights are a bit challenging, but always deadly.

May just try Very Hard with these mods, or maybe a tougher difficulty of the Realistic Health mod.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: October 27, 2010, 08:24:26 am »

Loving the Realistic Headshots/Realistic Health (Medium) mods, although they are somewhat unbalancing (headshots with a 10mm pistol can often kill most things, including fully armored Brotherhood of Steel Paladins in one-two hits) I do have to be careful as far as not leaving myself without cover. I may try a harder difficulty though, as having (humanoid) enemies with only 50 health around level 18 isn't quite as fun. What IS fun is being able to take on 90% of the game with the No Auto Aim mod: long range headshots from iron sights are a bit challenging, but always deadly.

May just try Very Hard with these mods, or maybe a tougher difficulty of the Realistic Health mod.

Yeah, the easy headshots occasionally bother me too, which is why I've been using the version which makes my head explode just as easily. But that's not really the same result, and just means I have to reload over and over until I get lucky. It's better than the standard system, but could still use some tweaks and improvements.

Also I've been eyeing that auto-aim mod but I'm still confused as to what it actually does. I haven't noticed any blatant auto-aiming system snapping me onto any targets. Since you've been playing with it, could you describe exactly what difference it makes?
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: October 27, 2010, 08:25:33 am »

I'm still waiting for a mod that allows custom zoom scopes.
I'm able to kill NPCs with head shots from my trusty sniper rifle (FPS mod) from a long way but zoom would be very nice.
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: October 27, 2010, 08:59:33 am »

Yeah, the easy headshots occasionally bother me too, which is why I've been using the version which makes my head explode just as easily. But that's not really the same result, and just means I have to reload over and over until I get lucky. It's better than the standard system, but could still use some tweaks and improvements.

Also I've been eyeing that auto-aim mod but I'm still confused as to what it actually does. I haven't noticed any blatant auto-aiming system snapping me onto any targets. Since you've been playing with it, could you describe exactly what difference it makes?
There definitely is an auto-aim system. For example, if your crosshair turns red and you shoot, it hits not where you shoot but the guy (if your skill allows it).

Also if you use realistic headshots and health, you should also use realistic DT mod to avoid occasions where you headshot people in power armor with 10mm pistol.
http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=34872
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: October 27, 2010, 09:06:22 am »

I mostly use the no-auto-aim mod for iron sight aiming; I found that VATS overuse killed Fallout 3 for me, as being able to kill things and instantly get all your AP back due to that one perk made things too easy. I also (when I'm not using energy weapons on a different character) love scoped weapons, such as sniper rifles, the hunting revolved, and any scope mods (Varmint Rifle with a NV scope was my favorite weapon for a long time, despite its somewhat crappy accuracy).

I'm just using the version that drops your health to 1 when you get headshotted; too many enemies have a good amount of luck with spray and pray weapons.

Also, thanks for the mod, Deon... I'll definitely look into that one.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 09:13:36 am by Astral »
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: October 27, 2010, 10:05:19 am »

being able to kill things and instantly get all your AP back due to that one perk made things too easy.
You mean the perk that required you be at the original maximum level? And yes, I know there were another ten levels beyond that, but almost all of the enemies leveled to that point couldn't be killed in one VATs session anyways, with anything short of a fatman. (Well, some of the weapons added by FOOK2 could, like the ion pistol and its insane critrate, but still...)
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: October 27, 2010, 12:35:33 pm »

I'm in novac, got an unmarked quest to check on ranger base charlie, fast travel there, find a bunch of booby traps, corpses and a note from the legion stating they abducted somebody so I head to their nearest raid camp, which I annihilated earlier that day to rescue a few bandits, expecting to find the hostage and a new raiding party. Instead I see one guy stuck in a rock some distance away, the two guys I rescued last time which I can't interact with this time and a patrol of 4 NCR troopers who do nothing but walk around, also no interaction possible.

So where are the hostage and the legion soldiers? Bug? Dead end quest? Sequence break?
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: October 27, 2010, 12:41:54 pm »

I think that legion message is just a dead end.  You'll never find the hostage.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: October 27, 2010, 01:37:17 pm »

Is there any mod that just turns off auto aim? I find it annoying.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 128