Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 128

Author Topic: Fallout: New Vegas  (Read 212647 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: New Vegas
« Reply #435 on: October 25, 2010, 06:02:21 pm »

I prefer shooting them from 100 yards :P.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: October 25, 2010, 06:16:25 pm »

What's the combat system like?  I assume it's the same as FO3 but I've never played that.  Is it basically straight Shoot em up gameplay with the addition of time freezing targeted shots?
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: October 25, 2010, 06:28:28 pm »

Hey deon, I'd be more then happy to do some voice acting for the ghouls, I can do a pretty decent gutteral sounding voice, and I have a decent mic.
Thank you for offering, as I said I plan a small ghoul ghetto, so it would be awesome.

Right now I need someone to make sounds for Buck Steak, a butcher-merchant with a bit strange quest in the future.
Hey, count me in too. I can't voice a white person but I could do a ghoul no prob!

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: October 25, 2010, 06:55:15 pm »

Just bought it. You know, it doesn't really surprise me anymore that most big AAA titles like that are 4 GB nowadays, or around there.

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: October 25, 2010, 07:05:08 pm »

Just bought it. You know, it doesn't really surprise me anymore that most big AAA titles like that are 4 GB nowadays, or around there.

Is that really a problem? I mean, when I can find hardrives for $0.0533267 per gigabyte, who cares?
I know it's unrealistic, but I can't help but imagine little bearded babies for dwarves. In my mind, they come out of the womb fully bearded. That's how the mother carries them around, too, she just drags them around by the beard or ties it to her belt. When the father's on duty, he just ties their beards together and the baby just kind of hangs there, swinging to and fro with Urist McDaddy's movements.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: October 25, 2010, 07:15:51 pm »

Is that really a problem? I mean, when I can find hardrives for $0.0533267 per gigabyte, who cares?

Damn I paid more for a 500 gig a couple years back.
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: October 25, 2010, 07:25:51 pm »

Damn I paid more for a 500 gig a couple years back.

Pace of technology!
I know it's unrealistic, but I can't help but imagine little bearded babies for dwarves. In my mind, they come out of the womb fully bearded. That's how the mother carries them around, too, she just drags them around by the beard or ties it to her belt. When the father's on duty, he just ties their beards together and the baby just kind of hangs there, swinging to and fro with Urist McDaddy's movements.

rawr359

• Bay Watcher
  • dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: October 25, 2010, 07:29:32 pm »

Is now a good time to buy a gaming computer? I just have an old laptop and I wouldn't know what sort of a computer to buy. I've heard building it online is cost efficient.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: October 25, 2010, 07:39:01 pm »

I always buy parts and make PC myself :P.

Anyway, the location and the NPC are made. I've made a request in the Writer's guild to help me with dialogues.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63632.msg1668546#msg1668546
 If someone here has talents with such things, feel free to offer your skills!

Well yeah... It takes more time than I thought, and it's just a single shop... I will do it anyway, the Freeside will be Real! :)
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: October 25, 2010, 07:41:18 pm »

Theres never a bad time to buy a computer of any sort. Go for midrange parts and don't buy a prebuilt from a major retailer and you are good to go. Personally I'd just order parts and assemble myself, still, there are options for those who don't wish to.
788 bucks, No monitor and no OS. Not bad at all. Does come with some very cheap (and probably crappy) speakers though.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 07:43:20 pm by Calhoun »

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: October 25, 2010, 07:48:27 pm »

Never tried to insinuate that, was just trying to state it. I'm just saying that a few years back everything was like, 2 or 3 gigs. Back in my days of 2003's..

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: October 25, 2010, 08:18:53 pm »

Never tried to insinuate that, was just trying to state it. I'm just saying that a few years back everything was like, 2 or 3 gigs. Back in my days of 2003's..

Ah, 2003. Back when most game came on CD's and I couldn't stop playing Age of Mythology: Titans Expansion.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: October 25, 2010, 08:26:28 pm »

Okay, here's the alpha of Freeside XP ("Freeside Expanded"). Just adds a Buck's Steak House interior (the door is on the place of a formerly boarded door, under the "Buck's Steak House" sign near the Strip entrance) with a merchant.

http://www.box.net/shared/7c06vu0d21

For some reason followers refuse to leave the location, I probably didn't learn something important about XMarkers yet. So please playtest without followers, or tell them to stay outside.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: October 25, 2010, 08:39:04 pm »

New Vegas is growing on me.  I think I'll start calling it fallout 3.

I'd be interested in lending a voice to your mod.  I don't have any particular talent for voices, but I do a lot of acting, so I know how to speak naturally.

I think that if you get a lot of voice actors from this forum, you should add a location called "the bay" to keep a few of us in.  The rest could each have some association or other with the bay.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 08:40:42 pm by mainiac »
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

rawr359

• Bay Watcher
  • dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: October 25, 2010, 08:43:20 pm »

I can't lend my voice, but if I telepathically hug you can I be in the bay?
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 128