Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 128

Author Topic: Fallout: New Vegas  (Read 212692 times)

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: New Vegas
« Reply #405 on: October 25, 2010, 11:37:49 am »

The price tag.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: October 25, 2010, 11:46:41 am »

One question: What's stopping this from feeling like a FO3 DLC?
A totally new world, with much more places and cool NPCs. It feels like FO3 is a cheap dlc to F:NV. The game was made by Obsidian from scratch, all it has with FO3 in common is Gamebryo engine and FO3 assets.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: October 25, 2010, 11:51:03 am »

That's great. I will have to upload it to Youtube to place it on Nexus, is it okay?

Also thanks for mentioning the 2nd update, I didn't know it came out.

No problem, on both accounts. Here's the video: http://db.tt/v1Ug5iU
Thank you for the video. The music is a bit "wtf" for me, I'd expect something without a music, just with sounds, but still: thank you very much!
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: October 25, 2010, 12:09:32 pm »

That's great. I will have to upload it to Youtube to place it on Nexus, is it okay?

Also thanks for mentioning the 2nd update, I didn't know it came out.

No problem, on both accounts. Here's the video: http://db.tt/v1Ug5iU
Thank you for the video. The music is a bit "wtf" for me, I'd expect something without a music, just with sounds, but still: thank you very much!
Heh, no problem. I'm not a huge fan of the default radio stations (which only seem to play the same 6 songs for me, despite there being many more in the actual files) So I made my own station.

EDIT:Deon, upon further testing. It appears that the game just seems to crash whenever I save around the that area. Dunno what's causing it, but saving other places works fine. Doesn't matter what save.

Or not. Just went waaaay back. Working fine now.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 12:34:43 pm by Calhoun »
I know it's unrealistic, but I can't help but imagine little bearded babies for dwarves. In my mind, they come out of the womb fully bearded. That's how the mother carries them around, too, she just drags them around by the beard or ties it to her belt. When the father's on duty, he just ties their beards together and the baby just kind of hangs there, swinging to and fro with Urist McDaddy's movements.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: October 25, 2010, 12:34:49 pm »

Okay, I've added your video. You're credited in the video description:
http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35277

Thank you very much again :). May I ask you in the future to record a video of my upcoming mod? And I will need some voiceacting, do you have audio recording devices? I plan to expand Freeside (I've already added a few locations for "closed" shops, but no NPC yet) so I will need voices for NPCs. I feel like Freeside is very unnatural now: there're more rich guys in the Vegas than poor guys in Freeside, really, wtf? And why all these high walls if there's nobody to protect? I plan to open all closed shops and add a few apartments, and a "ghoul ghetto".
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: October 25, 2010, 12:41:00 pm »

No problem, I'd gladly record more videos (and turn of my music for them!). I'd love to do some voice acting, but the microphone I have right now is garbage. I plan on getting a new one sometime soon. I'm sure you could find plenty of volunteers here though.
I know it's unrealistic, but I can't help but imagine little bearded babies for dwarves. In my mind, they come out of the womb fully bearded. That's how the mother carries them around, too, she just drags them around by the beard or ties it to her belt. When the father's on duty, he just ties their beards together and the baby just kind of hangs there, swinging to and fro with Urist McDaddy's movements.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: October 25, 2010, 12:48:49 pm »

Okay, I've added your video. You're credited in the video description:
http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35277

The files are right, but you have a typo in your description:
Code: [Select]
Files: USE ONLY ONE OF THEM
LOC_1_1 : "Lootable Old Cars" - cars do not explode.
LOC_1_1_OE: "Lootable Old Cars: Original Explosions" - non-burnt cars explode as in vanilla.
LOC_1_1_OE: "Lootable Old Cars: All Cars' Explosions" - all cars explode, even burnt ones... You cannot explode the same car twice though.

Your "All Cars" has the "_OE" tag when it should be "_AE". Again, the files are labeled correctly.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: October 25, 2010, 12:50:31 pm »

Currently running with only minor mods (perk every level, no auto aim, the performance fix [not really a mod], and more realistic headshots)...

Any suggestions for better things? Currently I'm content with the minor tweaks (because shooting something in the head with a magazine of 5.56's and them not dying doesn't make much sense, especially when it's a fairly hard to hit target in mid-combat) but I would like to try something a bit more adventurous for another play through.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: October 25, 2010, 01:35:25 pm »

Is there a mod that adds warning sign to all areas with immensely overleveled enemies located way too close to lowbie places? So far I've run into a group of 9 giant radscorpions right outside goodsprings, 10+ ghoul reavers and glowing ones south of lipton and the "shortcut" between primm and the ranger outpost south of novac is filled with a pair of super mutant masters with heavy weapons and enough deathclaws to block the entire passage when standing side by side(6 but with the tiny radar range, there may have been even more behind).
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #414 on: October 25, 2010, 01:45:03 pm »

A totally new world, with much more places and cool NPCs. It feels like FO3 is a cheap dlc to F:NV. The game was made by Obsidian from scratch, all it has with FO3 in common is Gamebryo engine and FO3 assets.
So what's stopping it from feeling like a good total conversion mod, which, I might add, wouldn't cost me £30.

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: October 25, 2010, 01:47:11 pm »

So what's stopping it from feeling like a good total conversion mod, which, I might add, wouldn't cost me £30.
So what you are saying is, if there is no new engine there is no new game?
Damn, I've bought Half-life 2 about 10 times then!

Look, It's a new game. It is. It really is. I've played 35 hours of it so far, and I've not caught myself saying "This here is just like Fallout 3! CURSE YOU OBSIDIAN!!!!!"

Play it, then decide.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: October 25, 2010, 01:47:35 pm »

Wow the Legion does really hit hard.
Maybe I should wait another half a dozen levels until I start a war with them.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #417 on: October 25, 2010, 01:48:40 pm »

So what you are saying is, if there is no new engine there is no new game?
Damn, I've bought Half-life 2 about 10 times then!

Look, It's a new game. It is. It really is. I've played 35 hours of it so far, and I've not caught myself saying "This here is just like Fallout 3! CURSE YOU OBSIDIAN!!!!!"

Play it, then decide.
No, I'm wondering what they've changed to make it feel less like I've just bought another copy of Fallout 3.

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: October 25, 2010, 01:51:53 pm »

To me it just seems like you're being stubborn for the sake of it.
FO:NV, for me at least, is different to FO3 mainly because it's developed by Obsidian. Sure it uses the same engine, but it really manages to capture the fallout vibe, and feels more like a fallout game than 3. As for why is it a different game? Well, if it was DLC it'd still be great value for money, and it's got more content than Fo3 + DLC's had (imo) so...
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: October 25, 2010, 01:53:12 pm »

No, I'm wondering what they've changed to make it feel less like I've just bought another copy of Fallout 3.
It's as much Banjo-Kazooie as Banjo-tooie is Banjo-Kazooie.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 128